Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Power Rankings 10-8

Post by JALMOND »

So, you know when you're with someone and you think you know what they are, and then something happens and you realize that you don't know anything? That is kind of what happened in the conference last weekend as both Montana, Sacramento State and Weber State all took one on the chin to what I thought was lesser opponents. What made it more astonishing was the Grizzlies and Hornets lost at home to the two cellar dwellers. So where does that leave the conference in terms of rankings? Here are this week's power rankings for the conference (last week in parenthesis). I'm sure that with who beat who and by how much will definitely open up quite the discussion, but these are totally my opinion only. As I mentioned on the AGS poll thread, I'm just glad I didn't have to figure out a national top 25.

1. Eastern Washington (1)---Last week beat Southern Utah at home 55-17, this week at Weber State---With all the carnage falling around them, the Eagles kept their hold on the #1 slot firmly in their talons. However, this game coming up could be a tough test for them.

2. UC Davis (3)---Last week won at Northern Colorado 49-36, this week Idaho State at home---The Aggies took care of business in their game. Now all of a sudden, they have a big home game this weekend, one that hardly anyone saw coming at the start of the year.

3. Idaho State (7)---Last week beat Idaho at home 62-28, this week at UC Davis---The Bengals have shown no signs of stumbling as they are firmly etched themselves near the top of the standings. But they do have a tough road game coming up this weekend.

4. Montana State (5)---Last week, bye, this week Idaho at home---In the midst of the favorites getting knocked around, the Bobcats just sat back, watched it all, and enjoyed it. They also were getting ready for a good home contest against the newcomers.

5. Weber State (2)---Last week lost at Northern Arizona 28-24, this week Eastern Washington at home---It may have been a possible trap game, but the Wildcats came up on the short end last weekend. Now they are staring at a must win this early to have a shot at a seed.

6. Montana (4)---Last week lost to Portland State at home 22-20, this week at North Dakota---Odd and bizarre. That has to be the best way to describe the Grizzlies losing at home last week. They need to rebound from this by going on the road to face the outgoing team.

7. Northern Arizona (8)---Last week beat Weber State at home 28-24, this week bye---What a way to head in to the bye week for the Lumberjacks with breaking through and getting a good strong conference win. Can it turn the season around? Will they get their quarterback back?

8. Cal Poly (12)---Last week won at Sacramento State 41-27, this week bye---Another team that got a huge lift going in to the bye week. The Mustangs stole a road victory and looked impressive doing it. The question is, have they turned a corner?

9. Sacramento State (6)---Last week lost to Cal Poly at home 41-27, this week at Southern Utah---On paper, this is a good Hornet team, yet games are not decided on paper. They could not hold serve against a lesser opponent and now are wondering how good are they?

10. Idaho (9)---Last week lost at Idaho State 62-28, this week at Montana State---The Vandals have been reminded that no one in the conference is impressed with FBS talent and have had a rough go at it. Losing at their in-state brethren was ugly, can they get this one?

11. Portland State (13)---Last week won at Montana 22-20, this week Northern Colorado at home---Putting aside all the whispers and turmoil the Vikings have had to endure the last two years, they found a way to get a win in the most unlikely of places. Will they be able to carry it through?

12. Northern Colorado (10)---Last week lost to UC Davis at home 49-36, this week at Portland State---The Bears had to have a big fourth quarter just to make the score look respectable last weekend. Still without a win, they move on to face a Portland State team brimming with confidence.

13. Southern Utah (11)---Last week lost at Eastern Washington 55-17, this week Sacramento State at home---A once promising season has now turned bad for the Thunderbirds as they are still looking for their first win. Can they get it this weekend at home?

RECAP: 1, then 2-3 with 4 on their heels, 5-7 just a step behind, 8-13 in a pack in back.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Big Sky Power Rankings 10-8

Post by AZGrizFan »

It’s a crazy mixed up world.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

AZGrizFan wrote:It’s a crazy mixed up world.
Depends on one's perspective.

Seems about right to me. :coffee: :thumb:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

Just don't go stubbing your claw at Weber. :lol:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

Oh fuck off. :lol: :coffee:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: Depends on one's perspective.

Oh fuck off. :lol: :coffee:
:lol:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

JALMOND wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: Depends on one's perspective.

*talon

Talons don't hit the ground when you fly high. :D
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
*talon

Talons don't hit the ground when you fly high. :D
Ugh. We never left the ground. Tip of the hat to Weber's defense; they suffocated Barriere. Learning experience for the kid. Defense played great in spite of the offense.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

What a strange fucking conference this is this year.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

AZGrizFan wrote:What a strange **** conference this is this year.
Sheesh! I need my dartboard again this week. :lol:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

AZGrizFan wrote:What a strange fucking conference this is this year.
Yep, exactly the same as when Hauck was here the first time. :thumb:

:?
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

AZGrizFan wrote:What a strange fucking conference this is this year.
Mormon power