How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10060
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: RE: Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:48 pm

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read on the internet today.


Wins over a 2-4 loss UCD, 3-5 loss UND, MSU, and UNI would get the Griz a seed at 9-2


1. That's not going to happen.
2. Getting a seed will be iffy even if it does happen given the lack of an FBS game & a horrible loss on the resume. I 'm not sure the UNI & MSU wins would be worth much, either.

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7202
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:22 pm

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read on the internet today.


Wins over a 2-4 loss UCD, 3-5 loss UND, MSU, and UNI would get the Griz a seed at 9-2
How about a lot of gifts?
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39081
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby kalm » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:35 pm

You Griz fans are sounding more and more like UNI and Delaware fans.

Bunch of Debbie Downers...the lot of ya.
Image
Image
Image

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10060
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:58 pm

kalm wrote:You Griz fans are sounding more and more like UNI and Delaware fans.

Bunch of Debbie Downers...the lot of ya.


Hey, I was a Debbie Downer before the season started. :tothehand:

User avatar
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3281
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby Silenoz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:11 am

kalm wrote:You Griz fans are sounding more and more like UNI and Delaware fans.

Bunch of Debbie Downers...the lot of ya.

Like usual, it will be up to EWU to salvage anything remotely respectable for the conference. And then you'll lose at home to Illinois State or some ****.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47943
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: RE: Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby AZGrizFan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:42 am

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read on the internet today.


Wins over a 2-4 loss UCD, 3-5 loss UND, MSU, and UNI would get the Griz a seed at 9-2


Oh sure, if they run the table they might get a seed, but the chances of that happening are about like the chances of monkeys flying out of my butt. :tothehand:
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21246
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby Gil Dobie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:27 am

Looking like the Big Sky will get 3 seeds now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: **** Jagoff
Location: Throwing out my pussy fanboy T-shirt

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:14 am

The only seed should be UC Davis or Weber.

The only other program deserving of being in the playoffs is ISU if they beat Weber

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39081
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby kalm » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:15 am

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:The only seed should be UC Davis or Weber.

The only other program deserving of being in the playoffs is ISU if they beat Weber

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


Too obvious. :ohno: Try harder.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49135
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby 93henfan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:18 am

One.

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 31982
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby CAA Flagship » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:23 am

93henfan wrote:One.

That's the loneliest number that you'll ever do.
Two can be as bad as one.
It's the loneliest number since the number one.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30532
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby 89Hen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:43 am

Gil Dobie wrote:Looking like the Big Sky will get 3 seeds now.

I think only if JaxSt beats Kennesaw.

I get that it will be hard to differentiate between three 9-2 Big Sky teams, but I still think two just based on others in line. UCD is the odd man out because Weber > EWU and EWU > UDC (badly).

Locks
NDSU
SDSU
Kennesaw with win (and they will)
JMU/Towson winner
Weber with win
EWU with win

Colgate would be hard to deny at 9-0 against I-AA, even with a soft schedule... hell, Kennesaw has arguably a worse schedule than Colgate and considering the Red Raiders have given up 12 total points in their last 8 games COMBINED... I think they should get one.

That would leave one spot and ETSU or a second CAA gets a nod before a third BSC IMO.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21246
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby Gil Dobie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:45 am

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Looking like the Big Sky will get 3 seeds now.

I think only if JaxSt beats Kennesaw.

I get that it will be hard to differentiate between three 9-2 Big Sky teams, but I still think two just based on others in line. UCD is the odd man out because Weber > EWU and EWU > UDC (badly).

Locks
NDSU
SDSU
Kennesaw with win (and they will)
JMU/Towson winner
Weber with win
EWU with win

Colgate would be hard to deny at 9-0 against I-AA, even with a soft schedule... hell, Kennesaw has arguably a worse schedule than Colgate and considering the Red Raiders have given up 12 total points in their last 8 games COMBINED... I think they should get one.

That would leave one spot and ETSU or a second CAA gets a nod before a third BSC IMO.


If I was seeding the teams today, but that can all change over the weekend.
1. NDSU
2. SDSU
3. EWU
4. JMU
5. Kennesaw
6. Colgate
7. UC Davis
8. Jacksonville St
9. Stony Brook
10. Weber St
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30532
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby 89Hen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:47 am

Are there 10 seeds?
Image

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30532
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby 89Hen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:48 am

Gil Dobie wrote:7. UC Davis
10. Weber St

Why UCD over Weber? Just wondering what your decision was based on there.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21246
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby Gil Dobie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:52 am

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:7. UC Davis
10. Weber St

Why UCD over Weber? Just wondering what your decision was based on there.


UCD's FBS Win, FBS Loss and loss to EWU vs WSU's FBS loss and loss to NAU
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30532
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby 89Hen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote:Why UCD over Weber? Just wondering what your decision was based on there.


UCD's FBS Win, FBS Loss and loss to EWU vs WSU's FBS loss and loss to NAU

So you give UCD credit for losing to EWU 59-20 but don't give credit to Weber for beating EWU? :suspicious:

And 1-9 San Jose State is God awful. That's not an FBS win.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21246
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby Gil Dobie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:42 pm

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
UCD's FBS Win, FBS Loss and loss to EWU vs WSU's FBS loss and loss to NAU

So you give UCD credit for losing to EWU 59-20 but don't give credit to Weber for beating EWU? :suspicious:

And 1-9 San Jose State is God awful. That's not an FBS win.


Weber is the only one to lose to a bad team. Wasn't the Weber win the second game for EWU's QB?

NAU lost 40-8 to Missouri St.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30532
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby 89Hen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote:So you give UCD credit for losing to EWU 59-20 but don't give credit to Weber for beating EWU? :suspicious:

And 1-9 San Jose State is God awful. That's not an FBS win.


Weber is the only one to lose to a bad team. Wasn't the Weber win the second game for EWU's QB?

NAU lost 40-8 to Missouri St.

Ahh, the old transitive game. Southern Illinois > Missouri State > NAU > Weber > EWU > UCD... so we can expect the Salukis to be getting a seed or at least an at-large?

It was EWU's QB's second game. His first the Eagles put up 55 points.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21246
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby Gil Dobie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 pm

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Weber is the only one to lose to a bad team. Wasn't the Weber win the second game for EWU's QB?

NAU lost 40-8 to Missouri St.

Ahh, the old transitive game. Southern Illinois > Missouri State > NAU > Weber > EWU > UCD... so we can expect the Salukis to be getting a seed or at least an at-large?

It was EWU's QB's second game. His first the Eagles put up 55 points.


NAU's only Big Sky wins were Weber St and 1-9 SUU.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: **** Jagoff
Location: Throwing out my pussy fanboy T-shirt

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:58 pm

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:The only seed should be UC Davis or Weber.

The only other program deserving of being in the playoffs is ISU if they beat Weber

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


Too obvious. :ohno: Try harder.



No.....you :coffee:
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39081
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby kalm » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:24 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Too obvious. :ohno: Try harder.



No.....you :coffee:


Grizzlies wandering into new parts of Washington, Idaho
ROB CHANEY rchaney@missoulian.com Nov 12, 2018 Updated 2 hrs ago

As Montana grizzly bears have pushed beyond their usual mountain strongholds into the Bitterroot and Judith Basin areas, Washington state residents got a surprise visit this fall from a 476-pound grizzly west of the Pend Oreille River.

“That was an eye-opener for the state of Washington,” said Wayne Kasworm, U.S. Fish and Wildlife grizzly manager in Libby. “It was an unusual movement, like the bear in Stevensville and the bears showing up east of the Rocky Mountain Front. That was well outside of its expected range.”

Image


http://kokomoperspective.com/lifestyles ... 8f3a3.html

The article goes on to say that further research is anticipated to determine whether the grizzly's expanded range is being driven by food supply, a search for mates, or the desire to relocate closer to fcs championship caliber football.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: **** Jagoff
Location: Throwing out my pussy fanboy T-shirt

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:28 pm

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

No.....you :coffee:


Grizzlies wandering into new parts of Washington, Idaho
ROB CHANEY rchaney@missoulian.com Nov 12, 2018 Updated 2 hrs ago

As Montana grizzly bears have pushed beyond their usual mountain strongholds into the Bitterroot and Judith Basin areas, Washington state residents got a surprise visit this fall from a 476-pound grizzly west of the Pend Oreille River.

“That was an eye-opener for the state of Washington,” said Wayne Kasworm, U.S. Fish and Wildlife grizzly manager in Libby. “It was an unusual movement, like the bear in Stevensville and the bears showing up east of the Rocky Mountain Front. That was well outside of its expected range.”

Image


http://kokomoperspective.com/lifestyles ... 8f3a3.html

The article goes on to say that further research is anticipated to determine whether the grizzly's expanded range is being driven by food supply, a search for mates, or the desire to relocate closer to fcs championship caliber football.



You are really reaching here, we dont mate with meth heads and when anyone thinks about championship caliber football Washington state is below Mississippi , Maine and New York.
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30532
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby 89Hen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote:Ahh, the old transitive game. Southern Illinois > Missouri State > NAU > Weber > EWU > UCD... so we can expect the Salukis to be getting a seed or at least an at-large?

It was EWU's QB's second game. His first the Eagles put up 55 points.


NAU's only Big Sky wins were Weber St and 1-9 SUU.

I'm more about wins over quality teams than losses... as long as there aren't several of them. Everyone is allowed to lay an egg once a year.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21246
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: How Many Big Sky Seeds?

Postby Gil Dobie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:42 pm

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
NAU's only Big Sky wins were Weber St and 1-9 SUU.

I'm more about wins over quality teams than losses... as long as there aren't several of them. Everyone is allowed to lay an egg once a year.


Fair enough, the 8th seed is really close right now, IMO, Weber, JSU and Stony. This weekend may make a difference.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grizalltheway and 63 guests