The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20697
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby Gil Dobie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:38 am

Any hen fans traveling to Fargo?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47612
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:55 am

NDSU by 24
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38501
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby kalm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:20 am

I was going until we lost to Rhodey.
Last edited by kalm on Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
Posts: 26227
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:12 am
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME
Location: Eastern Palouse

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby andy7171 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 am

kalm wrote:I was going to until we lost Rhodey.

We?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CHANTS UP!!!

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48349
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby 93henfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:21 am

AZGrizFan wrote:NDSU by 24


That’s low. 50-10 NDSU

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48349
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby 93henfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:31 am

A Delaware team eight years removed from the playoffs who struggled against an Ivy team opening on the road, beat a historically bad Laughayette squad, and lost to Rhode Island at home

VS

The all-time greatest FCS program.

A major mismatch here.

If NDSU doesn’t win by 40, they should get chewed out after the game.

This game is not a “big game” and the result should be lopsided.

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 15658
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 pm

I think at this point we know that Rhode Island is pretty good.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48349
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby 93henfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:46 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:I think at this point we know that Rhode Island is pretty good.


Barely beat a terrible Delaware team, handily beat an even worse Albany team, and lost close to a terrible FBS team.

Jury’s still out.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38501
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby kalm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:11 pm

93henfan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I think at this point we know that Rhode Island is pretty good.


Barely beat a terrible Delaware team, handily beat an even worse Albany team, and lost close to a terrible FBS team.

Jury’s still out.


Well then wouldn't jury still be out on Delaware, Clenz?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48349
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby 93henfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:20 pm

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Barely beat a terrible Delaware team, handily beat an even worse Albany team, and lost close to a terrible FBS team.

Jury’s still out.


Well then wouldn't jury still be out on Delaware, Clenz?


Wut?

Delaware sucks balls. How many times do I need to say it? I’m not the one voting for Delaware in Top 25 polls (go see the preseason poll thread when I told people voting for Delaware was idiotic). Anyone voting for Delaware at this point is voting for a name. It would be like voting for Texas in FBS.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38501
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby kalm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:48 pm

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Well then wouldn't jury still be out on Delaware, Clenz?


Wut?

Delaware sucks balls. How many times do I need to say it? I’m not the one voting for Delaware in Top 25 polls (go see the preseason poll thread when I told people voting for Delaware was idiotic). Anyone voting for Delaware at this point is voting for a name. It would be like voting for Texas in FBS.


So the jury is still out on URI who had a close win against Delaware. What if URI finishes 8-3 or 9-2 against a decent schedule with a win against a couple of ranked opponents? The URI loss for Delaware would be considered a "good" loss and if they finish 7-4 they wouldn't exactly have sucked balls. Maybe went down the shaft to the base but not sucked balls.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20697
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby Gil Dobie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:46 pm

If Delaware wins, most of the message board fans in 10 years will say, "I was there". I'll take a picture of the Delaware fan section, which is next to the end zone where I sit. If I'm alive in 10 years, I'll post it as proof.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 15658
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:21 pm

I think it's an interesting match up and hope to be able to watch it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48349
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:47 am

Gil Dobie wrote:If Delaware wins, most of the message board fans in 10 years will say, "I was there". I'll take a picture of the Delaware fan section, which is next to the end zone where I sit. If I'm alive in 10 years, I'll post it as proof.


Delaware will have 200 fans there, tops. Our fanbase doesn’t travel anymore, particularly to North Dakota in September. The product (on our end) doesn’t justify it.

We never really got any fans from out that way in the games here either. SDSU brought hardly anyone to a regular season matchup in Newark. UNI and SIU brought hardly anyone to playoff games in Newark.

I would expect NDSU to bring a few thousand here, kind of like Georgia Southern did. That’s kind of the benchmark for long distance travel to me. Good FCS teams bring a few thousand. UD is not a good FCS team this decade.

If Wentz is healthy and the Eagles are in town that same weekend next year, NDSU attendance could go way up. That’d be a great double-header.

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11315
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby GannonFan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:13 am

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:If Delaware wins, most of the message board fans in 10 years will say, "I was there". I'll take a picture of the Delaware fan section, which is next to the end zone where I sit. If I'm alive in 10 years, I'll post it as proof.


Delaware will have 200 fans there, tops. Our fanbase doesn’t travel anymore, particularly to North Dakota in September. The product (on our end) doesn’t justify it.

We never really got any fans from out that way in the games here either. SDSU brought hardly anyone to a regular season matchup in Newark. UNI and SIU brought hardly anyone to playoff games in Newark.

I would expect NDSU to bring a few thousand here, kind of like Georgia Southern did. That’s kind of the benchmark for long distance travel to me. Good FCS teams bring a few thousand. UD is not a good FCS team this decade.

If Wentz is healthy and the Eagles are in town that same weekend next year, NDSU attendance could go way up. That’d be a great double-header.


Yup, 200 is the high number for UD fans there (and I won't be in the 200). We just don't travel like we did, and even back then getting 1,000 folks out there would've been big. Like 93 said, I wouldn't expect NDSU to have more than 1,000 folks our way next year. Of course, you guys have to watch expenses since you have to factor in the cost to get down to Frisco every year.

This isn't a great UD team - the QB is the best we've had since 2012, so that's a good thing, but we couldn't run the ball effectively against Cornell and while our defense looked a little better against Cornell, our tiny defensive line is going to be pushed by NDSU. Keeping this game under a 40 point spread would be a victory for UD in what's likely to be an ugly game.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30063
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby 89Hen » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:19 am

93henfan wrote:particularly to North Dakota in September.

in any month. Hell, can you even get to NDSU in less than 10 hours? Seriously.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20697
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 am

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:particularly to North Dakota in September.

in any month. Hell, can you even get to NDSU in less than 10 hours? Seriously.


How long does it take to fly to Minneapolis or Fargo?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3230
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby Silenoz » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:59 am

"Big" game

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30063
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby 89Hen » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:09 am

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote:in any month. Hell, can you even get to NDSU in less than 10 hours? Seriously.


How long does it take to fly to Minneapolis or Fargo?

10 hours.
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48349
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:48 am

Silenoz wrote:"Big" Sky


:coffee:

User avatar
Winterborn
Level2
Level2
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby Winterborn » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 am

About how I expect the game to go for Delaware.

phpBB [video]

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20697
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:16 pm

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
How long does it take to fly to Minneapolis or Fargo?

10 hours.


Just a quick look, I see Delta from Philly to Fargo, 4hr & 26 minutes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20697
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Coach K, says Delaware should have beat Rhody, just too many turnovers and bad breaks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48349
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:Coach K, says Delaware should have beat Rhody, just too many turnovers and bad breaks.


:lol:

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20697
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: The Big Game: Delaware @ NDSU

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:26 pm

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Coach K, says Delaware should have beat Rhody, just too many turnovers and bad breaks.


:lol:


You got these big uglies in the back field, 400 lb QB, RB and TE?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests