Football Championship Subdivision discussions
The Cats
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: WCU
A.K.A.: The Cats

10 DAYS!!

Post by The Cats »

It's now 10 days until the kickoff of Catamount football on Labor Day Weekend, Saturday, September 1, 2018, against the Newberry College Wolves, in Cullowhee.

Today, we'll highlight a quarterback that wears #10

#10 Nolan Beasley

Position: Quarterback
Height/Weight: 6'1" 195
Class: Redshirt Junior
Hometown: Charlotte, N.C
High School: North Mecklenburg HS

2017 (Sophomore): Made his collegiate debut in the home-opener against Davidson ... Officially recorded one rush for a five-yard gain against Davidson (Sept. 9) ... Named to the 2017-18 Southern Conference Academic Honor Roll.

2016 (Freshman): Did not see game action ... Made the 2016 Chancellor's List ... Named to the 2016-17 Southern Conference Academic Honor Roll.

2015-16: Joined the Catamount football team during spring drills ... Saw snaps during WCU's annual Spring Game, completing two passes for eight yards.

Prior to Western Carolina: Three-year starter at QB for head coach Brad Baker ... Threw for over 2,890 yards as a varsity quarterback, tossing 32 touchdown passes in 17 games ... Recorded 1,255 career all-purpose yards ... Was a three-time offensive Player of the Game and once collected overall game honors vs. Lake Norman (Aug. 22, 2014) as selected by MaxPreps.com during his senior season ... Also played small forward on the basketball court as a prep, helping his team compile a 46-9 record as a two-year starter.

Personal: Is the son of Kenneth and Cindy Beasley ... Has an older sister, Kelly.

Courtesy WCU Athletics Media Relations
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: 10 DAYS!!

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

(This is a redo from 48 DAYS)

Montana #10

Reid Miller - S
Senior
5'10", 208 lbs.
FBS Transfer ('18) - Arkansas
Holidaysburg, PA/Bradenton, FL
IMG Academy

'17 Stats (@ ARK):

9 Tackles
1 FR
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 10 DAYS!!

Post by BDKJMU »

JMU's #10 Riley Stapleton
https://jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=14976
During the regular season missed a couple games due to injury, banged up/limited for several other. During the playoffs went off:
vs SBU 3 receptions, 62 yds
vs Weber St: 8 reception, 189 yds, 1 TD
vs SDSU: 5 receptions, 70 yds, 2 TDs
vs NDSU: 7 recptions, 107 yds

Last season was listed at 6'5"/218. Now listed at 6'5"/229. Good luck with DBs trying to cover him. Since didn't put up big #s during last year's regular season, didn't make All CAA, and since the pre season All CAA is picked almost exclusively from the prior seasons's returning 1st-3rd team All CAA, wasn't named pre season All CAA. But if Stapleton stays healthy, and JMU's QB and OL are decent, I predict he will be not only All CAA, but an All American.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: 10 DAYS!!

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote:JMU's #10 Riley Stapleton
During the regular season missed a couple games due to injury, banged up/limited for several other. During the playoffs went off:

Last season was listed at 6'5"/218. Now listed at 6'5"/229. Good luck with DBs trying to cover him. Since didn't put up big #s during last year's regular season, didn't make All CAA, and since the pre season All CAA is picked almost exclusively from the prior seasons's returning 1st-3rd team All CAA, wasn't named pre season All CAA. But if Stapleton stays healthy, and JMU's QB and OL are decent, I predict he will be not only All CAA, but an All American.
This kid killed it in the playoffs.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote:

Yep. And the weird thing is:
-2015 as a true Fr he was redshirted (the previous HC Everett Withers played the majority of the (scholly) true Fr. Its not like he was beanpole as a true Fr- he was listed at 210.
-2016 (rFr) he was maybe the 7th WR (6 on the 2 deep) (All 6 of those others are now gone).
-Last year (rSo) he came into the season as maybe the 4th or 5th WR. Think he played in 9 of the regular season games, started 4-5.
Then in the playoffs he went from barely starter to looking like an All American. While JMU has had a ton of WR talent the last 2 seasons (the dropsies in the NC game notwithstanding), this kid has been a complete late bloomer. He is clearly the #1 JMU WR now.

We'll see how he does vs P5 talent next Sat on national TV. NC State has only 3 starters back on defense, but all 3 are DBs..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote:

Vs NC State 9 catches for 88 yards, 1 TD. Everything that was thrown to him he caught. Although mostly short passes, pretty good vs P5 competition.