Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Weber State's North Endzone Project

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

https://weberstatesports.com/news/2018/ ... adium.aspx
OGDEN - Weber State University Athletics is excited to announce the construction of a state-of-the-art athletic complex at the north end of Stewart Stadium.

The building will include the Barbara and Rory Youngberg Football Center, the Sark's Boy's Gateway, the Stromberg Strength and Conditioning Complex, the Marquardt-Kimball Plaza and the Behnken Plaza.

The 27,000-square foot building will surround the Chick Hislop track on the north side and will serve as the main entrance to the stadium.

The facility will include a new state-of-the-art strength and conditioning facility for all Wildcat student-athletes. It will also feature new football team locker rooms and a new expanded football equipment room, in addition to football coaches offices and position group meeting rooms.

The building will also include a 125-seat team room that will benefit all student-athletes. A new plaza, ticket office, and souvenir shop will also be part of the project.

"This building is transformational to our program," said Weber State Athletic Director Jerry Bovee. "Over the last 10 years we have made great strides in improving the athletic and academic facilities for our student-athletes and this is a capstone project that will assist in the development of not only the football program but all of our 16 sports. It also allows for an expanded space for our training and nutrition needs, which will benefit all student-athletes. This is made possible through the generous donations of community members and former student-athletes."

"This building demonstrates to recruits, players, coaches, and staff the commitment Weber State University has to its student-athletes," said Weber State head coach Jay Hill. "This new facility is critical for our program's progress moving forward. It will enable us to have an expanded locker room and weight room and state-of-the-art meeting rooms. It is fundamental for recruiting and the future development of our players."

Construction will begin on Aug. 28. A groundbreaking ceremony for the building will take place prior to kickoff of the season-opening game on Sept. 15 against South Dakota. All fans are encouraged to participate in the groundbreaking ceremony, beginning at 5 p.m., prior to the 6 p.m. kickoff.

The building is expected to be completed in time for the 2019 football season, which marks 100 years of football at Weber State University

This is great for the Football program and for the school. I had hoped that the new complex would completely close off the North side of the Stadium but it still looks good regardless. I love all the new upgrades Stewart Stadium has gotten in the last 10 years, and hope they continue. And if you believe the rumors on the Weber State board, there are plans to remove the track from the stadium in the next 5 to 10 years.
VandalBasher

Re: Weber State's North Endzone Project

Post by VandalBasher »

That looks outstanding!
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Congrats - looks really good!
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Looks good...but with a track around any stadium it's like putting lipstick on a pig. Gotta lose the track...and if the rumors were true, they wouldn't be designing current buildings AROUND the track...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote:Looks good...but with a track around any stadium it's like putting lipstick on a pig. Gotta lose the track...and if the rumors were true, they wouldn't be designing current buildings AROUND the track...

Yeah that's a good point and a rumor that I am going to wait until I hear actual word from the University themselves to really believe
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Looks good. :thumb:
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

Looks great, but I'd agree about the track.
Jibjab
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Your mom

Post by Jibjab »

They are putting in gay club?
If you don't like what I say you can PM me and get handled.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Jibjab wrote:They are putting in gay club?
Yes, under the stands. You'll have no problem getting in.
:thumb:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Nice, congrats. That's some cool scenery at Weber State too...wonder what other FCS stadiums have sweet scenery like that?

(here come 100 pics of Grizzly stadium)
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Ryan, do you think the momentum can continue once Hill leaves? He is now one of the hot up and coming coaches and will be scooped up in the next couple years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

css75 wrote:Ryan, do you think the momentum can continue once Hill leaves? He is now one of the hot up and coming coaches and will be scooped up in the next couple years.

Most of the upgrades that Weber has done over the years (including the endzone project) had all been planned prior to Hill's hire. So I don't really think It has much to do with Hill. As far as excitement for the program that is 100% thanks to what Hill has done. There is a different feel to this program now and I wont lie, the thought of losing Hill worries me, but as long as Weber can keep up the momentum after he has gone they should still be in good shape. But it'll be hard to do. Hill has brought something special to Weber that not even Ron McBride could.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
css75 wrote:Ryan, do you think the momentum can continue once Hill leaves? He is now one of the hot up and coming coaches and will be scooped up in the next couple years.

Most of the upgrades that Weber has done over the years (including the endzone project) had all been planned prior to Hill's hire. So I don't really think It has much to do with Hill. As far as excitement for the program that is 100% thanks to what Hill has done. There is a different feel to this program now and I wont lie, the thought of losing Hill worries me, but as long as Weber can keep up the momentum after he has gone they should still be in good shape. But it'll be hard to do. Hill has brought something special to Weber that not even Ron McBride could.
Is that excitement translating to butts in the seats?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Is that excitement translating to butts in the seats?
We shall see once we start playing at home. My guess is there will be an upswing in Attendance numbers, maybe a few thousand a game, but nothing extreme just yet. Though I hope we can sell out at least one of our home games this year.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Well that would be nice to see...always liked the setting of Weber's stadium....nice views all around.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I disagree with you guys. Any decent stadium MUST include a track....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.