BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

2019 commits

Post by BDKJMU »

"FCS RECRUITING: Way Too Early 2019 Top 50 Recruits
Think it's too early to have recruit commitments for the FCS level? Think again ... they're already flooding in as the NCAA signing period has moved everything up...

RK FCS CHOICE POS PROSPECT HOMETOWN
1 JAMES MADISON LB Jalen Green Olney, MD
2 NDSU LB Luke Weerts Batavia, IL
3 PENN OG Ben Hoitink Slinger, WI
4 FURMAN LB Jordan Veneziale Dallas, GA
5 MERCER QB Dylan Fromm Warner Robins, GA
6 HARVARD QB Curt Casteel Fort Lauderdale, FL
7 JAMES MADISON ATH A.J. Woods Germantown, MD
8 SOUTHERN ILL. TE Avery Taggart Eureka, MO
9 JAMES MADISON RB C.J. Jackson Richmond, VA
10 HARVARD QB Joe Green Sammamish, WA
11 SOUTHERN DB Tyruss Gayden Harvey, LA
12 YALE DB Ben Montgomery Katy, TX
13 EASTERN WASH. DE Warren Hardin Riverside, CA
14 INDIANA STATE DB Ethan Hoover Fort Wayne, IN
15 NDSU DL Will Mostaert Lakeville, MN
16 HOLY CROSS OL Ben Blessing Bel Air, MD
17 JAMES MADISON ATH Jordan White West Orange, NJ
18 UC DAVIS QB Miles Hastings San Marcos, CA
19 HOWARD WR Trevon Russell Arlington, TX
20 IDAHO ATH Kevin McGuire Henderson, NV
21 YALE ATH John Harrington Katy, TX
22 NORTH DAKOTA TE Billy Riviere Plymouth, MN
23 SOUTH DAKOTA TE Mason Fairchild Andale, KS
24 JACKSONVILLE ST. DT Nathan Sapp Hogansville, GA
25 NDSU LB Luke Dwyer Zurich, IL
26 INDIANA STATE LB Deon Pettiford Indianapolis, IN
27 NDSU QB Jaren Lewis Columbia, MO
28 SOUTH DAKOTA DB Robert Ford St. Peters, MO
29 NDSU TE Travis Yohnke Parkers Prairie, MN
30 FURMAN OL Evan Jumper Myrtle Beach, SC
31 HARVARD DB Matt Cavanaugh Minneapolis, MN
32 INDIANA STATE OL Joel Stevens Lee's Summit, MO
33 UC DAVIS WR Orlando Ornelas Temecula, CA
34 WOFFORD WR Calvin Jackson Chattanooga, TN
35 HOLY CROSS WR Quincy Watson Malvern, PA
36 JAMES MADISON DB Dorian Davis Shelby, NC
37 SDSU ATH Luke Reimer Lincoln, NE
38 HOLY CROSS QB Chris Butash Tampa, FL
39 WOFFORD DB Joel Girtman Atlanta, GA
40 YALE DB Jermaine Baker La Grange Park, IL
41 WOFFORD RB Irvin Mulligan Beaufort, SC
42 HOWARD QB Hollis Mathis Pittsburgh, PA
43 KENNESAW ST. LB Jeremy Dees Evergreen, AL
44 SDSU LB Thomas Motzko Highland Park, IL
45 COLGATE WR Kobi Russell Bloomfield Hills, MI
46 EASTERN ILLINOIS DL Grant Edwards Springfield, IL
47 MONMOUTH OL Will Argo Georgetown, DE
48 INDIANA STATE DL Deandre Johnson Chicago, IL
49 KENNESAW ST. RB De'Angelo Jones Wetumpka, AL
50 LEHIGH WR Ayir Asante Jersey City, NJ
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... -list-ajaj

JMU: 5
NDSU: 5
Ind St: 4
Wofford: 3
Holy Cross 3
Harvard: 3
Yale: 3
SDSU: 2
S Dakota: 2
Kennesaw St: 2
Furman: 2
UCD: 2
Howard: 2

Doz schools with 1
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Re: 2019 commits

Post by BDKJMU »

JMU gets its 3rd Rivals & 247sports 3 star commit from MD (the other 2 are #1 and #7 in the above FCS 2019 recruit rankings). Same Olney, MD HS (Good Counsel) as the #1 recruit. Kid had 15 offers, including the Ivy league, so obviously a good student.
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Julio ... Interests/
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

That list is ECB
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote:That list is ECB
:suspicious: There's really only 2 western conferences/23 teams, where I count 19 of the 50 recruits:
-MVFC 14
-Big Sky 5 (same as the CAA (all JMU))
Of the 11 other conferences/about 100 teams, 31 of the 50 recruits.

So if the western conference teams are less than 1/5 of the teams, but have 38% of the recruits, how is that ECB?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:That list is ECB
:suspicious: There's really only 2 western conferences/23 teams, where I count 19 of the 50 recruits:
-MVFC 14

So if the western conference teams are less than 1/5 of the teams, but have 38% of the recruits, how is that ECB?
If you use the Mississippi River as the East/West divider, the Southland is more of a Western Conference than the MVFC is. 10 of the 11 Southland football playing schools are west of the Mississippi River with Southeastern Louisiana being the only exception. Five of the 10 MVFC football playing schools are east of the Mississippi River.

Another interesting thing: As far as I can tell the westernmost school in the MVFC is the University of South Dakota. The westernmost school in the Southland is Abilene Christian University. Take a look at this Google Maps driving directions output for a trip between the two schools:

While looking at that map also think about the fact that the easternmost football school in the Southland is somewhat west of New Orleans while the MVFC has schools in Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. The Southland is a more "western" conference than the MVFC is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

37/50 for schools east of Mississippi. That’s 74%.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote:37/50 for schools east of Mississippi. That’s 74%.
I've got 36 schools west of the Mississippi/15 recruits
13 Big Sky schools: 5 recruits
10 of 11 Southland schools (all but SELA) : 0 recruits
5 MVFC schools: 9 recruits (5 NDSU, 2 SDSU, 2 SD)
5 SWAC west teams: 1 recruit (Southern)
2 Pioneer schools: 0 recruits
1 OVC (SEMO): 0 recruits

36 of 121 schools west of the Mississippi, about 30% of schools.
15 of 50 recruits, 30% of recruits.
No ECB.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: :suspicious: There's really only 2 western conferences/23 teams, where I count 19 of the 50 recruits:
-MVFC 14

If you use the Mississippi River as the East/West divider, the Southland is more of a Western Conference than the MVFC is. 10 of the 11 Southland football playing schools are west of the Mississippi River with Southeastern Louisiana being the only exception. Five of the 10 MVFC football playing schools are east of the Mississippi River.

Another interesting thing: As far as I can tell the westernmost school in the MVFC is the University of South Dakota. The westernmost school in the Southland is Abilene Christian University. Take a look at this Google Maps driving directions output for a trip between the two schools:

While looking at that map also think about the fact that the easternmost football school in the Southland is somewhat west of New Orleans while the MVFC has schools in Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. The Southland is a more "western" conference than the MVFC is.
If splitting the US into an "easter" and "western" half, using the Mississippi is a little too far east IMHOP. You're basically saying about 1 1/4 time zones is eastern, and about 2 3/4 time zones is western. How many people do you think consider Louisiana and Arkansas "western" United States? When not dividing the US into a bunch of regions (northeast, southeast, midwest, southwest, northwest, mtn west) and simply dividing it into eastern & western US, I would divide it more along the middle of the Central Time Zone, from the Dakotas/Minnesota border, down to the Texas/Louisiana border.
After all, a perfect geographical east/west divide would bisect the Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma & Texas.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:37/50 for schools east of Mississippi. That’s 74%.
I've got 36 schools west of the Mississippi/15 recruits
13 Big Sky schools: 5 recruits
10 of 11 Southland schools (all but SELA) : 0 recruits
5 MVFC schools: 9 recruits (5 NDSU, 2 SDSU, 2 SD)
5 SWAC west teams: 1 recruit (Southern)
2 Pioneer schools: 0 recruits
1 OVC (SEMO): 0 recruits

36 of 121 schools west of the Mississippi, about 30% of schools.
15 of 50 recruits, 30% of recruits.
No ECB.
This is really important to you, isn’t it? :lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

The Manure Pile made that list TWICE?!?

I cry foul!!!!!

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

If splitting the US into an "easter" and "western" half, using the Mississippi is a little too far east IMHOP. You're basically saying about 1 1/4 time zones is eastern, and about 2 3/4 time zones is western. How many people do you think consider Louisiana and Arkansas "western" United States? When not dividing the US into a bunch of regions (northeast, southeast, midwest, southwest, northwest, mtn west) and simply dividing it into eastern & western US, I would divide it more along the middle of the Central Time Zone, from the Dakotas/Minnesota border, down to the Texas/Louisiana border.
After all, a perfect geographical east/west divide would bisect the Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma & Texas.
Oh I agree. I was just saying the Southland is more "western" than the MVFC is. I think the only truly western conference in FCS now is the Big Sky. The Southland is kind of in what has historically been known as the southwest extending into the mid south and I think the MVFC is a midwestern conference.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I continue to shake my head about the Southland in that their geographical footprint is so talent rich. It's not just stuff like this top recruits list. It's more solid things like players on NFL rosters. As of right now there are 18 Southland school players on NFL rosters. No school has more than 3. North Dakota State alone has 9 and James Madison has 8.

Compare where North Dakota State is in terms of talent production in the area against where Sam Houston State or any other school in the Southland is and it's not even remotely close close. North Dakota is bordered by Montana, South Dakota, and Minnesota. By the latest rating I could find for NFL players produced by each of the 50 States at https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/i ... _most.html North Dakota had produced 3 NFL players, Montana had produced 5, South Dakota had produced 3, and Minnesota had produced 20. So North Dakota and its surrounding States had 3+5+3+20 = 31. Let's say you're McNeese State. It's home State, Louisiana, had produced 63 NFL players. Bordering States Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi had produced 160, 12, and 27. So 63+160+12+27 = 262.

McNeese State is in the middle of football talent production heaven while North Dakota State is in the middle of a football talent production wasteland. Yet North Dakota State has 9 players in the NFL and 6 national championships while McNeese State has 0 players in the NFL and 0 national championships. In fact NO current Southland teams have ANY national championships even though they have access to Texas and Louisiana talent. It just doesn't make sense that they can't find a way to win SOME national championships.
Could I ever be a star?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:I continue to shake my head about the Southland in that their geographical footprint is so talent rich. It's not just stuff like this top recruits list. It's more solid things like players on NFL rosters. As of right now there are 18 Southland school players on NFL rosters. No school has more than 3. North Dakota State alone has 9 and James Madison has 8.

Compare where North Dakota State is in terms of talent production in the area against where Sam Houston State or any other school in the Southland is and it's not even remotely close close. North Dakota is bordered by Montana, South Dakota, and Minnesota. By the latest rating I could find for NFL players produced by each of the 50 States at https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/i ... _most.html North Dakota had produced 3 NFL players, Montana had produced 5, South Dakota had produced 3, and Minnesota had produced 20. So North Dakota and its surrounding States had 3+5+3+20 = 31. Let's say you're McNeese State. It's home State, Louisiana, had produced 63 NFL players. Bordering States Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi had produced 160, 12, and 27. So 63+160+12+27 = 262.

McNeese State is in the middle of football talent production heaven while North Dakota State is in the middle of a football talent production wasteland. Yet North Dakota State has 9 players in the NFL and 6 national championships while McNeese State has 0 players in the NFL and 0 national championships. In fact NO current Southland teams have ANY national championships even though they have access to Texas and Louisiana talent. It just doesn't make sense that they can't find a way to win SOME national championships.
NDSU I think (Gil can correct if wrong) gets over half their players (2/3?) from outside ND. Heck, they recruit a lot of their speed from FL. I know they had high single digit # of players from FL on last year’s roster- I dont think any were OL or DL..

The Southland and McNeese have underperformed as far as producing NFL talent in the last 5 years or so. But on the other hand, while LA is a talent rich state, but you have a ton of Div I schools. LSU, La Tech, La Lafayette, La Monroe, Tulane, SELA, Nichols, McNeese, Grambling, and Southern. If I didnt leave anyone off that’s 10 Div I football schools, where the avg state has about 5. In LA 5 I-A and 5 I-AA schools. Similar in other southern states. Lot of talent, but a lot of schools.
The Cats
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: WCU
A.K.A.: The Cats

Post by The Cats »

Western Carolina has two verbal commits....

LB Trevon Salter - Loganville, GA - Grayson HS - 5'10' 215 lbs
OC Isaiah Helms - Lenoir, NC - West Caldwell HS - 6'3" 310 lbs

http://catamountsportsblog.blogspot.com ... iting.html
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

They did another one 7/30 with top 100:

FCS: Football Recruiting 2019 Top 100 Commitments
It may only be July, but the FCS already has more than 500 known commitments to schools. Which ones rank most highly? HERO Sports lets you know.

How do we come to the conclusion below? It's a mixture of a couple of things:
*How do the ratings services see them at the time of the commitment? (because many FCS commitments lose their higher ranking status after they commit to this level)
*How many offers does this recruit possess? If a large quantity of college coaches are offering this individual, that holds clout.
*Who is offering? If a young man has Power Five Conference offers or multiple FBS offers, that's another key factor in what you see below.
RK FCS CHOICE POS PROSPECT HOMETOWN
1 JAMES MADISON LB Julio Ayamel Olney, MD
2 JAMES MADISON LB Jalen Green Olney, MD
3 NDSU​ LB Luke Weerts Batavia, IL
4 PENN OG Ben Hoitink Slinger, WI
5 TENN-MARTIN WR Jaden Gibbs Knoxville, TN
6 FURMAN LB Jordan Veneziale Dallas, GA
7 MERCER QB Dylan Fromm Warner Robins, GA
8 BROWN TE Hayden Hatten Scottsdale, AZ
9 HARVARD QB Curt Casteel Fort Lauderdale, FL
10 CENTRAL ARKANSAS OL Drew Vest Searcy, AR
11 PRINCETON TE Luke Gibson San Antonio, TX
12 HOLY CROSS OL Patrick McMurtrie Montvale, NJ
13 PRINCETON WR Alex Cherry Norwood, MA
14 KENNESAW STATE QB Xavier Shepherd Nashville, TN
15 TEXAS SOUTHERN DT Viramontes Pippens DeSoto, TX
16 MORGAN ST. QB Quinton Williams Upper Marlboro, MD
17 YALE DB Ben Montgomery Katy, TX
18 HARVARD DB Jelani Machen Bethesda, MD
19 HARVARD DL North Peters Mystic, CT
20 MCNEESE​ LB Christian Guillory Lake Charles, LA
21 FURMAN DE Jack Barton Roswell, GA
22 ILLINOIS STATE DE Dallas Culpepper Beech Grove, IN
23 HOLY CROSS TE Sean Morris Barnegat, NJ
24 SOUTHERN ILL. TE Avery Taggart Eureka, MO
25 YALE ATH Gerron Duhon Lake Charles, LA
26 JAMES MADISON RB C.J. Jackson Richmond, VA
27 ELON DB Bo Sanders Indianapolis, IN
28 NDSU DE Reed Ryan Waunakee, WI
29 HARVARD QB Joe Green Sammamish, WA
30 SOUTHERN U. DB Tyruss Gayden Harvey, LA
31 EASTERN WASH. DE Warren Hardin Riverside, CA
32 INDIANA STATE DB Ethan Hoover Fort Wayne, IN
33 NDSU DE Will Mostaert Lakeville, MN
34 COLGATE DB Brendan Ekwughalu Rahway, NJ
35 HARVARD CB Diassa Diakite Lawrenceville, NJ
36 KENNESAW STATE WR Traveon Latimore Danielsville, GA
37 IDAHO STATE DB Ja'Maree Boone Harbor City, CA
38 HARVARD DE Aidan Wells Cleveland, OH
39 HOLY CROSS OL Ben Blessing Bel Air, MD
40 ELON DB Omar Rogers Burlington, NJ
41 NORTHERN IOWA OT Kobe Rios Rock Island, IL
42 HARVARD CB Khalil Dawsey Birmingham, MI
43 JAMES MADISON ATH Jordan White West Orange, NJ
44 YALE OL Brandon Babcock Queen Creek, AZ
45 FURMAN LB Bryce McCormick Nashville, TN
46 AUSTIN PEAY CB Jaylen Haynes Loganville, GA
47 PRINCETON LB Joe Bonczek Richland, NJ
48 SEMO QB Jalyn Williams Atlanta, GA
49 UC DAVIS QB Miles Hastings San Marcos, CA
50 MORGAN ST. OL Rachon Gulley Detroit, MI
51 DELAWARE DT Akie Nance Newark, NJ
52 HOWARD WR Trevon Russell Arlington, TX
53 IDAHO ATH Kevin McGuire Henderson, NV
54 YALE ATH John Harrington Katy, TX
55 NORTH DAKOTA TE Billy Riviere Plymouth, MN
56 SOUTH DAKOTA TE Mason Fairchild Andale, KS
57 DELAWARE DB Aaron Green Gaithersburg, MD
58 JACKSONVILLE ST. DT Nathan Sapp Hogansville, GA
59 HARVARD LB Brent Malone San Antonio, TX
60 NDSU LB Luke Dwyer Zurich, IL
61 CENTRAL ARKANSAS DT James Kitt Pensacola, FL
62 INDIANA STATE LB Deon Pettiford Indianapolis, IN
63 RICHMOND ATH Cameron Cloud Greensboro, NC
64 NDSU DT Javier Derritt Lenexa, KS
65 ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF OL Jared Laughlin Hamburg, AR
66 BROWN LB Hogan Hatten Scottsdale, AZ
67 WOFFORD LB Jack Scroggs Buford, GA
68 NEW HAMPSHIRE WR Griffin Helm St. Johns, FL
69 ALABAMA STATE TE Gregory Perkins Pensacola, FL
70 ALBANY CB Christian Lewis Farrell, PA
71 ALCORN STATE ATH D'Marious Hicks Port Gibson
72 DARTMOUTH RB Nate Hope Johns Creek, GA
73 DELAWARE P Ryan Coe McDonald, PA
74 HOLY CROSS DB Kamryn Molton Avon, IN
75 NDSU QB Jaren Lewis Columbia, MO
76 SOUTH DAKOTA DB Robert Ford St. Peters, MO
77 NDSU TE Travis Yohnke Parkers Prairie, MN
78 FURMAN OL Evan Jumper Myrtle Beach, SC
79 HARVARD DB Matt Cavanaugh Minneapolis, MN
80 WOFFORD OL Jysaiah Cromer Spartanburg, SC
81 INDIANA STATE OL Joel Stevens Lee's Summit, MO
82 JAMES MADISON TE Hunter Bullock Gaffney, SC
83 DELAWARE LB Chase McGowan Stafford, VA
84 UC DAVIS WR Orlando Ornelas Temecula, CA
85 CHARLESTON SOUTH. LB Kevon Hilliard Cornelius, NC
86 WOFFORD WR Calvin Jackson Chattanooga, TN
87 DELAWARE WR Quincy Watson Malvern, PA
88 JAMES MADISON DB Dorian Davis Shelby, NC
89 HOLY CROSS QB Chris Butash Tampa, FL
90 FURMAN DB Austin Jones Tiger, GA
91 SDSU DB Luke Reimer Lincoln, NE
93 BUCKNELL QB Keyshawn Copeland Woodbridge, VA
94 WOFFORD DB Joel Girtman Atlanta, GA
95 YALE DB Jermaine Baker La Grange Park, IL
96 WOFFORD LB Irvin Mulligan Beaufort, SC
97 MCNEESE LB Jake LaFleur Sulphur, LA
98 HARVARD RB Sone Ntoh Emmaus, PA
99 CHATTANOOGA WR Giovanni Dyer Johns Creek, GA
100 COLUMBIA DB Scott Valentas Wichita, KS
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... aug19-ajaj

By school
10 Harvard (why this list loses credibility).
7 NDSU
6 JMU (including top 2. Would have had a 7th, with 3 in top 5 to 10, but had 3 star de commit to Pitt last week).
5 Delaware (none top 50)
5 Furman
5 Wofford
5 Holy Cross
5 Yale
3 Princeton
3 Indiana St
2 Kennesaw St
2 Elon
2 S Dakota
2 UCA
2 McNeese
2 UCD
2 Morgan St

29 schools with 1

By conference:
Ivy: 23 (why this list loses credibility)
MVFC: 16 (most schools represented of any conference, 8)
CAA: 15
So Con: 12
Patriot: 7
Big Sky: 5
SWAC: 5
Southland: 4
OVC: 4
Big South: 3
MEAC: 3
NEC: 0
Pioneer: 0
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:I continue to shake my head about the Southland in that their geographical footprint is so talent rich. It's not just stuff like this top recruits list. It's more solid things like players on NFL rosters. As of right now there are 18 Southland school players on NFL rosters. No school has more than 3. North Dakota State alone has 9 and James Madison has 8.

At one point (not true now, as the # has dwindled), Montana was FOURTH among states with NFL players per capita. Behind California, Texas & Louisiana.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

There's an update and McNeese has a guy at #20 now. We'll see if he actually signs with McNeese. You know how that goes. As signing day nears LSU loses a recruit to Alabama. LSU drops back and takes one Louisiana Tech thought it was going to get. Then Louisiana Tech might start looking at some of the better recruits verbally committed to FCS schools.

I noticed that if you click on the original link at the top of the thread you go to a list as of early July. So apparently you have to do a Google search to get to the latest list as it's updated. McNeese's guy just verbally committed during the past week or so; which I suppose is why he wasn't on the earlier list.
Could I ever be a star?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:There's an update and McNeese has a guy at #20 now. We'll see if he actually signs with McNeese. You know how that goes. As signing day nears LSU loses a recruit to Alabama. LSU drops back and takes one Louisiana Tech thought it was going to get. Then Louisiana Tech might start looking at some of the better recruits verbally committed to FCS schools.

I noticed that if you click on the original link at the top of the thread you go to a list as of early July. So apparently you have to do a Google search to get to the latest list as it's updated. McNeese's guy just verbally committed during the past week or so; which I suppose is why he wasn't on the earlier list.
No kidding. Look 2 posts above yours..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:There's an update and McNeese has a guy at #20 now. We'll see if he actually signs with McNeese. You know how that goes. As signing day nears LSU loses a recruit to Alabama. LSU drops back and takes one Louisiana Tech thought it was going to get. Then Louisiana Tech might start looking at some of the better recruits verbally committed to FCS schools.

"....James Madison and its third-year coach are in the process of putting together an ace class. All of the Dukes’ seven verbal commitments hold scholarship offers from at least two FBS schools. Four of the seven pledges have an offer from a Power Five program.... the class features two Rivals.com three-star prospects and four two-star prospects....

“The challenge now is when you’re recruiting guys that are so highly sought after, you’ve got to hold on to them. A lot of those guys have Power Five offers and a lot of them have people that are really pressuring them right now to try to flip them. So with recruiting, even though we’re in good shape right now, it’s never ending.
I was on the phone last night and I’ll probably be on the phone this evening. It’s a deal that when I was on vacation, I had to carve out a couple of hours each day to take care of this.”

Northwest (Germantown, Md.) cornerback AJ Woods, who gave his verbal to James Madison last month after earning offers from Virginia and Temple, announced over Twitter on Friday that he flipped his committment to Pittsburgh....

....“The big thing with the Power Five schools is just that we’re an FCS program. They hammer us with it.”

The big brother doesn’t like the little brother taking what’s not theirs, so Houston and his staff are doing everything they can until the NCAA’s early signing period in December to keep the class intact....

“And the thing that I always stress to the kids is that, ‘Well, if that’s the case then why don’t they play us, because these schools that are hammering us, they won’t play us or schedule us, and we’ve asked them, but they still want to demean us..."

...Houston said he’s adjusted to the early signing period, which was introduced last year. JMU inked 13 members of its 16-man 2018 class early....

...“With the early signing period, it’s sped up everybody,” Houston said. “It’s sped us up. It’s sped the players up....

...JMU will graduate just 12 players off its current roster at the end of the season..
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/the-other-game-1
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:

No kidding. Look 2 posts above yours..
That's interesting. I didn't notice that there are two. One thing that is kind of interesting to me is that both of the two are from McNeese's "home town" metro area (Lake Charles metropolitan statistical area). I'll be interested in seeing if the commitments hold up.

Could I ever be a star?

dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

BDKJMU wrote:JMU gets its 3rd Rivals & 247sports 3 star commit from MD (the other 2 are #1 and #7 in the above FCS 2019 recruit rankings). Same Olney, MD HS (Good Counsel) as the #1 recruit. Kid had 15 offers, including the Ivy league, so obviously a good student.
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Julio ... Interests/
Don't forget #17 as well from my backyard NJ.