Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Weber State and Northern Iowa agree to H&H

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

https://weberstatesports.com/news/2018/ ... -iowa.aspx

Weber State and Northern Iowa will play a H&H series with each other during the 2019-2020 seasons. Weber will host the Panthers on Sept 28th 2019 in Ogden and then will return the trip to Cedar Falls in 2020.

Weber State and Northern Iowa have met 3 times with UNI holding a 2-1 series lead. The last time UNI played in Ogden Utah was back in 1978 in a 35-9 Wildcat win. UNI won the following two games which took place in Cedar Falls including the 1991 Playoff game which the Panthers won 38-21.

I've been waiting a long time for this matchup and it makes me happy to see it happen. Hope Weber continues to schedule these tough opponents.

This also means that in 2019 Weber will have SIX Division I home games for the first time since 2006. :clap: :clap: :clap:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Weber State and Northern Iowa agree to H&H

Post by dbackjon »

Good match up
:thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I like that scheduling. Now BBQ doesn't need that bogus OOC in-conference game. Plus, it's guaranteed to be a good game.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Why dont they spell it Weeber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Great for both schools and great for the subdivision. The BSC, MVFC, and SLC have been all over this the past few years. Hope the CAA, SoCon, and OVC keep doing it more.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

UNI also scheduled Idaho State for HH in the same year alternating the WSU home and home.

Meaning our OOC the next 3 years is

2018:
Iowa
@ Montana
Howard

2019:
@Iowa State
Southern Utah
@Weber State
Idaho State

2020:
@Iowa State
Weber State
@ Idaho State

Pretty much only Big Sky

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

clenz wrote:UNI also scheduled Idaho State for HH in the same year alternating the WSU home and home.

2018:
Iowa
@ Montana
Howard

2019:
@Iowa State
Southern Utah
@Weber State
Idaho State

2020:
@Iowa State
Weber State
@ Idaho State

Pretty much only Big Sky

Very Big Sky oriented, I think it's good for both conferences to be scheduling these games. Might not make some UNI fans happy though, which would be understandable.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

SuperHornet wrote:I like that scheduling. Now BBQ doesn't need that bogus OOC in-conference game. Plus, it's guaranteed to be a good game.

Weber is still playing an OOC H&H series with Cal Poly. Starting in SLO this year and moving to Ogden in 2019.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
clenz wrote:UNI also scheduled Idaho State for HH in the same year alternating the WSU home and home.

2018:
Iowa
@ Montana
Howard

2019:
@Iowa State
Southern Utah
@Weber State
Idaho State

2020:
@Iowa State
Weber State
@ Idaho State

Pretty much only Big Sky

Very Big Sky oriented, I think it's good for both conferences to be scheduling these games. Might not make some UNI fans happy though, which would be understandable.
For reasons that aren’t entirely knocks on the schools or the Big Sky...yes...there is a very heated discussion among UNI fans going on about our OOC scheduling.

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

clenz wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:
For reasons that aren’t entirely knocks on the schools or the Big Sky...yes...there is a very heated discussion among UNI fans going on about our OOC scheduling.

On the ISU end of it, they only have 4 home games in 2019, as they have body bag games at Utah and BYU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

css75 wrote:
clenz wrote: For reasons that aren’t entirely knocks on the schools or the Big Sky...yes...there is a very heated discussion among UNI fans going on about our OOC scheduling.

On the ISU end of it, they only have 4 home games in 2019, as they have body bag games at Utah and BYU.

Who is your 4th OOC game against? 2019 is a 12 game season. Weber also plays two FBS games in 2019 in Nevada and San Diego State, but we have home games against Poly and UNI.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
css75 wrote:

Who is your 4th OOC game against? 2019 is a 12 game season. Weber also plays two FBS games in 2019 in Nevada and San Diego State, but we have home games against Poly and UNI.
Did not know there is 12 games, my guess is they schedule a D2 game like they usually do.

BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:https://weberstatesports.com/news/2018/ ... -iowa.aspx

Weber State and Northern Iowa will play a H&H series with each other during the 2019-2020 seasons. Weber will host the Panthers on Sept 28th 2019 in Ogden and then will return the trip to Cedar Falls in 2020.

Weber State and Northern Iowa have met 3 times with UNI holding a 2-1 series lead. The last time UNI played in Ogden Utah was back in 1978 in a 35-9 Wildcat win. UNI won the following two games which took place in Cedar Falls including the 1991 Playoff game which the Panthers won 38-21.

I've been waiting a long time for this matchup and it makes me happy to see it happen. Hope Weber continues to schedule these tough opponents.

This also means that in 2019 Weber will have SIX Division I home games for the first time since 2006. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent. Love seeing FCS OOC games & all FCS schedules (when possible). Like Kalm mentioned, I'd also love to see the SLC schedule more OOC games with BSC teams.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS