NDSU wins 17-13!!!!!!!

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: Very stable genius

Re: Bison get even!!!!

Postby 93henfan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:31 pm

dal4018 wrote:NDSU wins 17-13!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Check out the game thread here: http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48553

dal4018
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Postby dal4018 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:02 pm

93henfan wrote:
dal4018 wrote:NDSU wins 17-13!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Check out the game thread here: http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48553
Thanks celebration in Largo!!!!!

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 93henfan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Yep, lots of Bison fans in Florida and Maryland!!

I know you meant Fargo!!!!

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 93henfan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:13 pm

NDSU has reset the bar in FCS. They have tied Georgia Southern's record of six championships in 14 seasons of I-AA/FCS play (2004-present). It took Georgia Southern 17 seasons to get their sixth (1984-2000).

grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: That Team
A.K.A.: Billy Mays

Postby grizzaholic » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:14 pm

Oh, that game was today? Meh.
bandl wrote:I guess I am a super douche! Quite okay with that, actually. :nod:

9/15/17

Pwns
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Postby Pwns » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 pm

93henfan wrote:NDSU has reset the bar in FCS. They have tied Georgia Southern's record of six championships in 14 seasons of I-AA/FCS play (2004-present). It took Georgia Southern 17 seasons to get their sixth (1984-2000).

One of two things has to be true:

1. Craig Bohl, Chris Klieman, and Mike Houston are the best coaches in the history of the division. They have accomplished feats other I-AA coaching legends did not, including guys like Erk Russell, Jerry Moore, Tubby Raymond, and Jim Tressel.

2. It's not as difficult for elite programs to win national championships as it used to be.

Now #1 is just not too overly easy to believe. I used to not be overly convinced the FCS was a top heavy as some made it out to be, but now I'm starting to think it is. Of course part of it is that Montana seems to have dropped off a cliff, App State and Georgia Southern are gone, and minus JMU a lot of the traditional CAA powers are just down.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

dal4018
Level4
Level4

Postby dal4018 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:05 pm

grizzaholic wrote:Oh, that game was today? Meh.

Lol yeah right!!!!!

dal4018
Level4
Level4

Postby dal4018 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Pwns wrote:
93henfan wrote:NDSU has reset the bar in FCS. They have tied Georgia Southern's record of six championships in 14 seasons of I-AA/FCS play (2004-present). It took Georgia Southern 17 seasons to get their sixth (1984-2000).

1. Craig Bohl, Chris Klieman, and Mike Houston are the best coaches in the history of the division. They have accomplished feats other I-AA coaching legends did not, including guys like Erk Russell, Jerry Moore, Tubby Raymond, and Jim Tressel.

2. It's not as difficult for elite programs to win national championships as it used to be.

Now #1 is just not too overly easy to believe. I used to not be overly convinced the FCS was a top heavy as some made it out to be, but now I'm starting to think it is. Of course part of it is that Montana seems to have dropped off a cliff, App State and Georgia Southern are gone, and minus JMU a lot of the traditional CAA powers are just down.

I think the Dukes will be back we are looking at a potential rivalry????

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 93henfan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:18 pm

Pwns wrote:

NDSU can only play who’s on the schedule. It’s not their fault the SoCon fizzled after Appy’s last title and Delaware and Montana decided to sit this decade out.

Plus, they’re pretty **** good.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:15 am

dal4018 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Thanks celebration in Largo!!!!!

NDSU plays in the Florida Keys? Who knew? :?
Support your neighborhood Budget Hawk!

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 am

Pwns wrote:[ I used to not be overly convinced the FCS was a top heavy as some made it out to be, but now I'm starting to think it is. Of course part of it is that Montana seems to have dropped off a cliff, App State and Georgia Southern are gone, and minus JMU a lot of the traditional CAA powers are just down.

You know, one thing I think about when you write that because of where I went to school is that the entire Southland Conference in general and McNeese State in particular are a lot weaker than they used to be. During 1984-1989 the Southland only won one national title but it had four different programs make the championship game during those six years. McNeese frequently had teams that could play with anybody in the country during 1991 through 2002. They went into the playoffs as the #1 seed in 1995 and lost a competitive 24-13 semifinal to Marshall (it was 17-13 until very late when Marshall scored to put the game on ice). In 1997 they lost the national championship game to Youngstown State by 10-9. In 1998 they lost in the first round but the loss was to eventual national champion UMass by 22-19 when McNeese narrowly missed a field goal at the end. In 2002 they laid an egg in the championship game but they beat the national champion by 38-13 during the regular season. Another thing is that during 1991 through 2002 they made the playoffs at the end of 10 of the 12 seasons.

Since 2002 they have only made the playoffs 5 times in 15 seasons and have not won a playoff game. Also, 4 of the losses were blowout losses. I keep hoping the program will come back but it's been a long drag.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star

Deep Purple: No One Came

dal4018
Level4
Level4

Postby dal4018 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Thanks celebration in Largo!!!!!

NDSU plays in the Florida Keys? Who knew? :?

You wish lol.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Postby SuperHornet » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Pwns wrote:

Meh. I'll take John Volek over those guys....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Postby Gil Dobie » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:52 am

SuperHornet wrote:
Pwns wrote:

Meh. I'll take John Volek over those guys....

What was his record? Can't find much info other than he was at Cal-Sac for 8 years before getting fired.
ImageImageImageImageImage

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 am

dal4018 wrote:
Pwns wrote:

I think the Dukes will be back we are looking at a potential rivalry????

Maybe not next season, which is part rebuild, part reload.
The bad news for JMU is that only 9 of 22 who started the NC game were non seniors.
The good news for JMU is that there are 10 other players with multiple game starting experience at JMU and/or a P5. 7 of them weren‘t on the field for the NC game- 5 out with injury, and 2 P5 who started at UVA & Pitt.

Big ??? is who will replace Schor.
-Cole Johnson, 6’5”/210 Soph. 1 start 2016 as a true Fr vs a bad Elon team was 12 for 13, 274, 2 TDs, 0 INT..
-Gage Maloney, rising rFr, 3 Star our of HS/Mr SC in football, had 1/2 doz G5 offers.
-Pitt transfer Ben Dinucci, will be a rJr. 6 starts last season.
http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/roste ... rp_id=5613

-OL loses 3 with digit starts, including a near consensus AA, but returns 6 with with multiple to double digit starts going back to 2016 (2 weren‘t on the field for the NC game, a 3rd was limited).
-Lose starting TE (didn’t do much last season). #2 TE (rising JR, season ending injury Oct) and #3 TE (rising Soph, who’s older brother was 1st team All CAA in 2015) have all CAA potential.
-WR loses 3 of 6 2 deep, but return Riley Stapleton, who had a monster playoffs and should be a pre season All American.
-Top 3 RBs return, including Cardon Johnson (2015 2nd team All CAA, 265 yds vs ECU, season ending injury in Sept).

-Lose 3 of 4 starting DL, including concensus AA DE and 1st team All CAA DT. Return 3rd team All CAA DE (2016 UVA transfer). Have 2 more UVA transfer DLs for next season, one who started 5 games for UVA, one who played as a true Fr 2016, spent last season at a JUCO.

-Lose 2 of 3 starting LB, one AA, other 3rd team All CAA. Return 1 starter + 2015 starting LB (16 tackles vs NDSU IN 2016 semis) who missed season due to injury. Also return a pair of 2 deep who rotated in- UMD transfer (started 1st 5 games) and a UVA transfer (2 starts UVA 2016 as a true fr).

Corner: Top 4 All return, including an American, a 1st team All CAA, the nickel, and a 2 deep who missed the entire season due to injury.

Safety: Lose both AA’s.1 or 2 of the corners might be moved to safety.

Next season might slip a little, but should only be starting 5-6 seniors (2 Offense, 3-4 defense) and should be loaded for a title run in 2019..
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
28-2, 27-1 vs IAA, 17-0 at Bridgeforth.
1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.

Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”