2017-18 Early Signing Period

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20689
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:05 am

Bison have signed 24 in the class so far. Several coming to Fargo, vs FBS offers.

2018 NDSU Football Early Signing Class
Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Yr. Hometown (High School)
Saybein Clark RB 6-0 196 Fr. Sioux City, Iowa (Bishop Heelan HS)
Brendan Cook DL 6-4 235 Fr. Libertyville, Ill. (Libertyville HS)
Jackson Enz S 6-0 181 Fr. Walworth, Wis. (Big Foot HS)
Dylan Evans DT 6-3 243 Fr. Williston, N.D. (Williston HS)
Jaydn Ewing DE/TE 6-3 231 Fr. Watford City, N.D. (Watford City HS)
James Kaczor S 5-11 189 Fr. St. Cloud, Minn. (St. Cloud Tech HS)
Mitchell Kartes LB 6-0 195 Fr. Albertville, Minn. (St. Michael-Albertville HS)
Trey Lance QB 6-3 215 Fr. Marshall, Minn. (Marshall HS)
Hunter Luepke FB/TE 6-1 225 Fr. Spencer, Wis. (Spencer HS)
Bartholomew Ogbu DE 6-3 220 Fr. Bismarck, N.D. (Shiloh Christian HS)
Samuel Moore DT 6-5 237 Fr. Verndale, Minn. (Verndale HS)
Bryan Nohava OL 6-4 275 Fr. Hawarden, Iowa (Gehlen Catholic HS)
Tony Pierce Jr. DE 6-2 220 Fr. Winter Haven, Fla. (Auburndale HS)
Jayden Price ATH 6-0 178 Fr. Derby, Kan. (Mulvane HS)
Joe Schreiber OL 6-3 277 Fr. Chanhassen, Minn. (Eden Prairie HS)
Phoenix Sproles WR 5-11 185 Fr. New Hope, Minn. (Robbinsdale Cooper HS)
DJ Stewart DB/RB 6-0 170 Fr. Kimberly, Wis. (Kimberly HS)
Jalen Sundell OL 6-5 265 Fr. Maryville, Mo. (Maryville HS)
Destin Talbert DB/WR 5-11 175 Fr. Darien, Ill. (Hinsdale South HS)

*Recruited Walk-Ons
Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Yr. Hometown (High School)
Ben Hoggarth RB 5-10 195 Fr. Horace, N.D. (Oak Grove HS)
Jake Kava LB 6-2 210 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (Shanley HS)
Jacob Kubas OL 6-3 254 Fr. Dickinson, N.D. (Trinity HS)
Trae Steckler TE 6-3 210 Fr. Mandan, N.D. (Mandan HS)
Mark Stumpf LB 6-2 185 Fr. Bismarck, N.D. (Bismarck HS)
Last edited by Gil Dobie on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby BDKJMU » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:50 am

So signing none in Feb?
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
-30-3
-29-1 vs IAA.
-18-0 vs CAA (JMU 20 straight wins vs CAA). 1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.
-18-0 at home.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30051
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby 89Hen » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:01 am

Why are they signing so many freshmen out of HS? Seems like you'd want to sign some upperclassmen.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20689
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:41 am

89Hen wrote:Why are they signing so many freshmen out of HS? Seems like you'd want to sign some upperclassmen.


They go the 4 year route. Transfers are not the norm. I think there are 3 on the Bison team right now. Punter, backup WR and a DII transfer.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20689
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:45 am

BDKJMU wrote:So signing none in Feb?


Some of these are PWO's, so their's room for more.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30051
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby 89Hen » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote:Why are they signing so many freshmen out of HS? Seems like you'd want to sign some upperclassmen.


They go the 4 year route. Transfers are not the norm. I think there are 3 on the Bison team right now. Punter, backup WR and a DII transfer.

Bad joke. It looked like they were all freshmen in HS, not incoming freshmen.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20689
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:21 pm

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
They go the 4 year route. Transfers are not the norm. I think there are 3 on the Bison team right now. Punter, backup WR and a DII transfer.

Bad joke. It looked like they were all freshmen in HS, not incoming freshmen.


I figured that, so I made an adjustment by ignoring the joke in my response. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47599
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote:Why are they signing so many freshmen out of HS? Seems like you'd want to sign some upperclassmen.


They go the 4 year route. Transfers are not the norm. I think there are 3 on the Bison team right now. Punter, backup WR and a DII transfer.


Isn't the stud RB a transfer?
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20689
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:19 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
They go the 4 year route. Transfers are not the norm. I think there are 3 on the Bison team right now. Punter, backup WR and a DII transfer.


Isn't the stud RB a transfer?


We had an RB last year, King Frazier, who the Bison recruited. He decided to try Nebraska for a couple years, then transferred to NDSU. He graduated last year. Dunn, Anderson, Brooks, Purfoy, Cofield and Wilson were all recruited by NDSU.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8599
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby dal4018 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:Bison have signed 24 in the class so far. Several coming to Fargo, vs FBS offers.

2018 NDSU Football Early Signing Class
Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Yr. Hometown (High School)
Saybein Clark RB 6-0 196 Fr. Sioux City, Iowa (Bishop Heelan HS)
Brendan Cook DL 6-4 235 Fr. Libertyville, Ill. (Libertyville HS)
Jackson Enz S 6-0 181 Fr. Walworth, Wis. (Big Foot HS)
Dylan Evans DT 6-3 243 Fr. Williston, N.D. (Williston HS)
Jaydn Ewing DE/TE 6-3 231 Fr. Watford City, N.D. (Watford City HS)
James Kaczor S 5-11 189 Fr. St. Cloud, Minn. (St. Cloud Tech HS)
Mitchell Kartes LB 6-0 195 Fr. Albertville, Minn. (St. Michael-Albertville HS)
Trey Lance QB 6-3 215 Fr. Marshall, Minn. (Marshall HS)
Hunter Luepke FB/TE 6-1 225 Fr. Spencer, Wis. (Spencer HS)
Bartholomew Ogbu DE 6-3 220 Fr. Bismarck, N.D. (Shiloh Christian HS)
Samuel Moore DT 6-5 237 Fr. Verndale, Minn. (Verndale HS)
Bryan Nohava OL 6-4 275 Fr. Hawarden, Iowa (Gehlen Catholic HS)
Tony Pierce Jr. DE 6-2 220 Fr. Winter Haven, Fla. (Auburndale HS)
Jayden Price ATH 6-0 178 Fr. Derby, Kan. (Mulvane HS)
Joe Schreiber OL 6-3 277 Fr. Chanhassen, Minn. (Eden Prairie HS)
Phoenix Sproles WR 5-11 185 Fr. New Hope, Minn. (Robbinsdale Cooper HS)
DJ Stewart DB/RB 6-0 170 Fr. Kimberly, Wis. (Kimberly HS)
Jalen Sundell OL 6-5 265 Fr. Maryville, Mo. (Maryville HS)
Destin Talbert DB/WR 5-11 175 Fr. Darien, Ill. (Hinsdale South HS)

*Recruited Walk-Ons
Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Yr. Hometown (High School)
Ben Hoggarth RB 5-10 195 Fr. Horace, N.D. (Oak Grove HS)
Jake Kava LB 6-2 210 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (Shanley HS)
Jacob Kubas OL 6-3 254 Fr. Dickinson, N.D. (Trinity HS)
Trae Steckler TE 6-3 210 Fr. Mandan, N.D. (Mandan HS)
Mark Stumpf LB 6-2 185 Fr. Bismarck, N.D. (Bismarck HS)
Saw the guy JAYDEN PRICE listed as ATL has decent size 6'0 178 hope he grows the coaching staff should put him on the track team then stick out on the flank to play WR.Trey Lance has good size 6'3 215 will he become the next CARSON WENTZ???????
Last edited by dal4018 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8599
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby dal4018 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:24 pm

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
They go the 4 year route. Transfers are not the norm. I think there are 3 on the Bison team right now. Punter, backup WR and a DII transfer.

Bad joke. It looked like they were all freshmen in HS, not incoming freshmen.
Who is the D2 transfer?????

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20689
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:29 pm

dal4018 wrote:
89Hen wrote:Bad joke. It looked like they were all freshmen in HS, not incoming freshmen.
Who is the D2 transfer?????


Cordell Pimienta from Minot State

None on this list are transfers. The other 2 transfers are on the current roster.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20689
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:37 pm

dal4018 wrote:
Saw the guy JAYDEN PRICE listed as ATL has decent size 6'0 178 hope he grows the coaching staff should put him on the track team then stick out on the flank to play WR.Trey Lance has good size 6'3 215 will he become the next CARSON WENTZ???????


Trey Lance and Holden Hotchkiss (6-3, 191 RFr) will battle to take Easton Sticks place in a couple years.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20689
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:15 pm

dal4018 wrote:
89Hen wrote:Bad joke. It looked like they were all freshmen in HS, not incoming freshmen.
Who is the D2 transfer?????


What do you think of Tennessee St getting QB Croft from Minnesota? Will he play?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby BDKJMU » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 pm

JMU inked 12 from HS, and has 2 P5 transfers:

Former UVA DE Matt Terrell, who played 9 of 12 games as a true Fr at UVA 2016, was JUCO this year:
http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m- ... 14138.html
With be the 4th former UVA player on JMU's roster:
-rJr 2 year starting DE (3rd team All CAA).
-2 deep Soph ILB who as a true Fr at UVA in 2016 was on their 2 deep with 2 starts.
-2 deep rSo WR who as a true rFr at UVA in 2016 was on their 2 deep with 2 starts.

Pitt QB Ben DiNucci (hasn't been officially announced yet). Played in 10 games, started 6. 88 of 157 for 1,091 yards, 5 TDs, 5 INTs. Rushed for 128 yards, 1 TD.
http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt ... es-madison
http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/roste ... rp_id=5613
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
-30-3
-29-1 vs IAA.
-18-0 vs CAA (JMU 20 straight wins vs CAA). 1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.
-18-0 at home.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10786
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby SDHornet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:03 am

Sac State has signed 5 so far (3 of them are 2 stars) and have a hard verbal from a 3 star and another 2 star so far.

User avatar
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby SACCAT » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:41 am

MSU once again signed the 16 best players in the country of America...

Most had full ride offers to Clemson and Georgia, but saw the future of what MSU is building and couldn't wait to be a part of it.

We signed 3 RB's that run in the 4.1-4.2 range in the 50 (yeah, we don't even **** with 40) yard dash, and another RB that I am pretty sure is the son of ironhead Heyward...(his nickname is Big Bacon)

We signed 9 total offensive players that all should be in the NFL, but they all really like to ski and fly fish.

We signed 7 defensive players that could (and should) be UFC fighters, but love to play in loud and cold places.

Good luck to the rest of the teams in I-AA...May god have mercy on your soul!!!
Last edited by SACCAT on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38486
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby kalm » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 am

SACCAT wrote:MSU once again signed the 16 best players in the country of America...

Most had full ride offers to Clemson and Georgia, but saw the future of what MSU is building and couldn't wait to be a part of it.

We signed 3 RD's that run in the 4.1-4.2 range in the 50 (yeah, we don't even **** with 40) yard dash, and another RB that I am pretty sure is the son of ironhead Heyward...(his nickname is Big Bacon)

We signed 9 total offensive players that all should be in the NFL, but they all really like to ski and fly fish.

We signed 7 defensive players that could (and should) be UFC fighters, but love to play in loud and cold places.

Good luck to the rest of the teams in I-AA...May god have mercy on your soul!!!


I was looking forward to this report! Big Bacon! :lol:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby SACCAT » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:54 am

kalm wrote:
SACCAT wrote:MSU once again signed the 16 best players in the country of America...

Most had full ride offers to Clemson and Georgia, but saw the future of what MSU is building and couldn't wait to be a part of it.

We signed 3 RD's that run in the 4.1-4.2 range in the 50 (yeah, we don't even **** with 40) yard dash, and another RB that I am pretty sure is the son of ironhead Heyward...(his nickname is Big Bacon)

We signed 9 total offensive players that all should be in the NFL, but they all really like to ski and fly fish.

We signed 7 defensive players that could (and should) be UFC fighters, but love to play in loud and cold places.

Good luck to the rest of the teams in I-AA...May god have mercy on your soul!!!


I was looking forward to this report! Big Bacon! :lol:



User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 34554
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Grizalltheway » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:07 am

SACCAT wrote:MSU once again signed the 16 best players in the country of America...

Most had full ride offers to Clemson and Georgia, but saw the future of what MSU is building and couldn't wait to be a part of it.

We signed 3 RD's that run in the 4.1-4.2 range in the 50 (yeah, we don't even **** with 40) yard dash, and another RB that I am pretty sure is the son of ironhead Heyward...(his nickname is Big Bacon)

We signed 9 total offensive players that all should be in the NFL, but they all really like to ski and fly fish.

We signed 7 defensive players that could (and should) be UFC fighters, but love to play in loud and cold places.

Good luck to the rest of the teams in I-AA...May god have mercy on your soul!!!

What the hell is an RD?

User avatar
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby SACCAT » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:22 am

Grizalltheway wrote:
SACCAT wrote:MSU once again signed the 16 best players in the country of America...

Most had full ride offers to Clemson and Georgia, but saw the future of what MSU is building and couldn't wait to be a part of it.

We signed 3 RD's that run in the 4.1-4.2 range in the 50 (yeah, we don't even **** with 40) yard dash, and another RB that I am pretty sure is the son of ironhead Heyward...(his nickname is Big Bacon)

We signed 9 total offensive players that all should be in the NFL, but they all really like to ski and fly fish.

We signed 7 defensive players that could (and should) be UFC fighters, but love to play in loud and cold places.

Good luck to the rest of the teams in I-AA...May god have mercy on your soul!!!

What the hell is an RD?


You will find out next year...

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 34554
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby Grizalltheway » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:32 am

SACCAT wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:What the hell is an RD?


You will find out next year...

I just hope we can hold them to fewer than 300 yards... :oops:

User avatar
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby SACCAT » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:36 am

Grizalltheway wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
You will find out next year...

I just hope we can hold them to fewer than 300 yards... :oops:


You can't...

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8599
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby dal4018 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:04 am

Gil Dobie wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Who is the D2 transfer?????


What do you think of Tennessee St getting QB Croft from Minnesota? Will he play?

Had no idea that Tenn St snatched a player from the Big 10 will look on their roster.

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8599
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: 2017-18 Early Signing Period

Postby dal4018 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:06 am

SACCAT wrote:
kalm wrote:
I was looking forward to this report! Big Bacon! :lol:



Wow snatched a guy from Indiana!!!!


Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AshevilleApp, Mvemjsunpx, Sapper and 46 guests