1R - Monmouth @ Yunie

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

1R - Monmouth @ Yunie

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

These two may have equivalent offenses, but they don't have equivalent defenses. Monmouth also got blasted in their only game against a playoff-caliber opponent. The Panthers should win without much trouble.

Here's my assessment of the matchups & my pick for the game:

• Quarterbacks -- Northern Iowa

Running Backs - Monmouth

Receivers/TEs - Northern Iowa

Offensive Line - Monmouth

Defensive Line - Northern Iowa

Linebackers --- Northern Iowa

Secondary ---- Northern Iowa

Kicking ------ Northern Iowa

Punting ------ Northern Iowa

Return Teams - Monmouth

Kickoffs ------ Northern Iowa

• Monmouth 17-34 Northern Iowa
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: 1R - Monmouth @ Yunie

Post by dal4018 »

Monmouth their defense better show up!!!!
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

All Panthers. 24-0 in the 2Q.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Hawks were led to the slaughter 46-7 Dunne (UNI)260 yds!!!! He has great size 6'5 238
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

More proof that the Committee was on something when they announced this field.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:More proof that the Committee was on something when they announced this field.
How would you have done this if you were on the committee????
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

dal4018 wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:More proof that the Committee was on something when they announced this field.
How would you have done this if you were on the committee????

Try watching Football west of the Dakotas would be a good start. :coffee:

If I was the NCAA I would get rid of the first round bids and seed all 24 teams, travel isn't hard and a flight to Ogden isn't much cheaper or more expensive than a flight to Pennsylvania. They just use the regionalization as an excuse to make matching teams up easier.

Take a closer look at teams you are looking at taking. NAU finished 4th in the Big Sky behind Eastern and they lost to Montana who also finished 7-4. (Don't give me that Cookus was out crap, the Griz played a WR at QB that day.) I also think Sacramento State had a legitimate case. But they took an NAU squad who lost 2 out of their last 3 probably just based on their win over 6-5 Illinois State.

I know the selection is a tough process, but to me it kinda looked like they didn't put a lot of thought into their selection and just threw it together without looking at records or strength of schedule.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
1. If I was the NCAA I would get rid of the first round bids and seed all 24 teams, travel isn't hard and a flight to Ogden isn't much cheaper or more expensive than a flight to Pennsylvania. They just use the regionalization as an excuse to make matching teams up easier.

2. Take a closer look at teams you are looking at taking. NAU finished 4th in the Big Sky behind Eastern and they lost to Montana who also finished 7-4. (Don't give me that Cookus was out crap, the Griz played a WR at QB that day.) I also think Sacramento State had a legitimate case. But they took an NAU squad who lost 2 out of their last 3 probably just based on their win over 6-5 Illinois State.

I know the selection is a tough process, but to me it kinda looked like they didn't put a lot of thought into their selection and just threw it together without looking at records or strength of schedule.
1. I don't mind the regionalization concept, but I would DEFINITELY prefer to resurrect the OLD regionalization system, along with the QF bowls. Sure, you might have to move some teams out of region to make the seeds work, but they do that all the time in hoops, right?

2. You better believe Sac had a legit case. How does a win over IL State trump a win over 9-2 SUU?!? Particularly given the Hornet winning streak at the end....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
dal4018 wrote:How would you have done this if you were on the committee????

If I was the NCAA I would get rid of the first round bids and seed all 24 teams, travel isn't hard and a flight to Ogden isn't much cheaper or more expensive than a flight to Pennsylvania. They just use the regionalization as an excuse to make matching teams up easier.

Take a closer look at teams you are looking at taking. NAU finished 4th in the Big Sky behind Eastern and they lost to Montana who also finished 7-4. (Don't give me that Cookus was out crap, the Griz played a WR at QB that day.) I also think Sacramento State had a legitimate case. But they took an NAU squad who lost 2 out of their last 3 probably just based on their win over 6-5 Illinois State.

Every year someone has a grip about their regional being screwed over and this year is no different.In either '08-'09 South Carolina St was denied a home game in the playoffs inspite of the fact they wete ranked #7th nationally they had to go on the road vs Appalachian St.why couldn't the Mountaineers come to Orangeburg and play vs them?????
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:
1. If I was the NCAA I would get rid of the first round bids and seed all 24 teams, travel isn't hard and a flight to Ogden isn't much cheaper or more expensive than a flight to Pennsylvania. They just use the regionalization as an excuse to make matching teams up easier.

2. Take a closer look at teams you are looking at taking. NAU finished 4th in the Big Sky behind Eastern and they lost to Montana who also finished 7-4. (Don't give me that Cookus was out crap, the Griz played a WR at QB that day.) I also think Sacramento State had a legitimate case. But they took an NAU squad who lost 2 out of their last 3 probably just based on their win over 6-5 Illinois State.

1. I don't mind the regionalization concept, but I would DEFINITELY prefer to resurrect the OLD regionalization system, along with the QF bowls. Sure, you might have to move some teams out of region to make the seeds work, but they do that all the time in hoops, right?

2. You better believe Sac had a legit case. How does a win over IL State trump a win over 9-2 SUU?!? Particularly given the Hornet winning streak at the end....
I want to see this WR duo from Sac St they have the highest YPC avg rankings in the FCS.Craig Haley from the FCS website mentioned this.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

dal4018 wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Every year someone has a grip about their regional being screwed over and this year is no different.In either '08-'09 South Carolina St was denied a home game in the playoffs inspite of the fact they wete ranked #7th nationally they had to go on the road vs Appalachian St.why couldn't the Mountaineers come to Orangeburg and play vs them?????

Then the best way to get rid of that problem is to get rid of that problem. End the regionalization. I want it to get to the point where no one cries about who's conference got screwed or not.

As a Weber State fan I love the rematch with SUU, as a Big Sky fan however I hate it because the Big Sky is going to be all but eliminated after two rounds by no fault of their own.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote:2. You better believe Sac had a legit case. How does a win over IL State trump a win over 9-2 SUU?!? Particularly given the Hornet winning streak at the end....
Sac State lost to both EWU and NAU, correct? Kinda hard to put them in over two teams who have the same record and who both beat them.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Better luck next yr Sac St.