Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Probably wants a chance at the playoffs
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Re: Hampton to Join Big South

Post by OL FU »

That would be a great move for the Big South. A school that has had past success in football and is not looking to leave FCS. and I agree, looks as if Hampton may want to participate in the playoffs instead of a shot at playing a SWAC school at the end of the season.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

OL FU wrote:That would be a great move for the Big South. A school that has had past success in MEAC footbal....
FIFY, although any pick up by the Big South is a great move considering what they have now. Since 2000 they are 1-15 vs the CAA.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
OL FU wrote:That would be a great move for the Big South. A school that has had past success in MEAC footbal....
FIFY, although any pick up by the Big South is a great move considering what they have now. Since 2000 they are 1-15 vs the CAA.
Maybe with the move they'll be able to recruit better. Saying you're not MEAC anymore could have an upswing in talent you are recruiting.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

My mouth hit the floor after seeing this on TWITTER now who will replace a school that was once considered a staple of the MEAC?????
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote:My mouth hit the floor after seeing this on TWITTER now who will replace a school that was once considered a staple of the MEAC?????
Any other MEAC's thinking of leaving?
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

dal4018 wrote:My mouth hit the floor after seeing this on TWITTER now who will replace a school that was once considered a staple of the MEAC?????
How big is your mouth?

Or were you already lying on your stomach on the floor?
OL FU
Level3
Level3

Post by OL FU »

89Hen wrote:
Seems like I remember a year 10 years ago that they were in the top ten :)

The point being with the Big South, is that a lot of the teams moving in weren't good choices. PC. or are obviously moving on like KSU.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

OL FU wrote:
89Hen wrote: FIFY, although any pick up by the Big South is a great move considering what they have now. Since 2000 they are 1-15 vs the CAA.
They were, but not in my ballot. That was probably the year they ran the MEAC table and beat Jackson State, Gardner-Webb and Savannah State OOC :roll: Lost 38-10 to Richmond in the first round. Richmond was an 8-3 team that lost the next round.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
In the past both SC State and Del State talked about it. But DelSt was actually talking about I-A. :rofl:
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
No one that I know about.Again who will replace Hampton?????
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
In the past both SC State and Del State talked about it. But DelSt was actually talking about I-A. :rofl:
Who was crazy to talk about DSU moving to 1-A.
Last edited by dal4018 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

bandl wrote:
How big is your mouth?

Or were you already lying on your stomach on the floor?
I see you are a comic.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

I have suggested that Virginia Union&Virginia St think about replacing Hampton.Some ppl have suggested Tuskegee as well.
OL FU
Level3
Level3

Post by OL FU »

89Hen wrote:
OL FU wrote:
They were, but not in my ballot. That was probably the year they ran the MEAC table and beat Jackson State, Gardner-Webb and Savannah State OOC :roll: Lost 38-10 to Richmond in the first round. Richmond was an 8-3 team that lost the next round.
You have way to good of a memory.

But I was actually thinking about this period
2004 Co Joe Taylor Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference 10–2
2005 Joe Taylor Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference 11–1
2006 Joe Taylor Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference 10–2

They did lose to CAA teams in the first round all of those years but they were close games with the exception of 2005.

Still the potential is there and don't say any more cuz I never listened to you anyway :D

The bigger point is that it is good for the Big South. They need stability. Not PCs who are going to fail. or KEnnesaws who are going to leave.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote:I have suggested that Virginia Union&Virginia St think about replacing Hampton.Some ppl have suggested Tuskegee as well.
Heard Tuskegee got ripped off of a playoff berth in DII, maybe it's time for them to move.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

OL FU wrote:
89Hen wrote: They were, but not in my ballot. That was probably the year they ran the MEAC table and beat Jackson State, Gardner-Webb and Savannah State OOC :roll: Lost 38-10 to Richmond in the first round. Richmond was an 8-3 team that lost the next round.

They did lose to CAA teams in the first round all of those years but they were close games with the exception of 2005.

Still the potential is there and don't say any more cuz I never listened to you anyway :D

The bigger point is that it is good for the Big South. They need stability. Not PCs who are going to fail. or KEnnesaws who are going to leave.
I agree they are a good fit for the BS, and vice versa.

That is the exact time frame I was referring to (2005 was the example I gave), but that period of gaudy records only goes to prove how bad the MEAC really was/is. The fact that a team can run rampant through the MEAC (22-2) and not win a playoff game speaks volumes. Why teams like NCA&T continue to be ranked so high just baffles me.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

dal4018 wrote:
89Hen wrote: In the past both SC State and Del State talked about it. But DelSt was actually talking about I-A. :rofl:
Who was crazy to talk about DSU moving to 1-A.
Themselves of course. :lol: :kisswink:
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Old Dominion would be a great MEAC replacement. As bad as our athletic program has become we would be a perfect fit.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

TheDancinMonarch wrote:
Old Dominion would be a great MEAC replacement. As bad as our athletic program has become we would be a perfect fit.
Yeah right the Monarchs are not going anywhere.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

89Hen wrote:
OL FU wrote:

I agree they are a good fit for the BS, and vice versa.

That is the exact time frame I was referring to (2005 was the example I gave), but that period of gaudy records only goes to prove how bad the MEAC really was/is. The fact that a team can run rampant through the MEAC (22-2) and not win a playoff game speaks volumes. Why teams like NCA&T continue to be ranked so high just baffles me.
That '05 game with Hampton was very close they lost 42-35 forgot the opponent they had speed merchant Jerome Mathis as their main weapon on offense he was a NCAA finalist in the 200m as a sophomore,junior.He was NFL combine invite and did not disappoint running a blazing 4.25!!!!