Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 12

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Portland St. 21-42 EWUEastern makes the playoffs, PSU finishes winless

Davis 31-35 Sac StateSac needs a lot help, but they first have to get past their nemesis

NAU 28-34 SuutahThe 'Jacks need this more, but SUU has won 5 of the last 6 in the series

Idaho St. 17-41 WeberWeber has won 29 of the last 32 vs. ISU, adding to the other advantages they have here

Montana 31-17 Montana St. — Trail of Tears VI: Don't Choate on That Stitt

Cal Poly 28-31 NoCoHard to believe these two played for a playoff berth a year ago
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 12

Post by JALMOND »

Final weekend of the season so all questions will be answered. It is also rivalry week so, while we may think we know things, this weekend show that we don't know anything. What I know is I am 63-19 for the season with one more week to go. Here are my predictions.

CP at UNC---The Mustangs head out to finish the year with another chance to get a second win. The Bears come home to play what is probably their easiest game in awhile...CP 27, UNC 24.

ISU at WSU---The Bengals are looking for a strong win to cap was has been a good season. The Wildcats want to make a statement to the playoff committee that they are for real...WSU 41, ISU 14.

UM at MSU---Whatever you want to call it, this will be good. The Grizzlies want a win to secure a playoff spot. The Bobcats want nothing more than to keep the Grizzlies out of the playoffs...MSU 34, UM 30.

NAU at SUU---The winner of this game will secure at least a share of the conference title. The Lumberjacks would like a win to get back to feeling good. The Thunderbirds want a win to continue feeling good...SUU 42, NAU 28.

PSU at EWU---What is worth more? The Vikings want, well, they just want a win to avoid an 0-fer. The Eagles want to win for a chance at the playoffs. This game has been close the last few years...PSU 34, EWU 27.

UCD at SAC---Both teams overachieved this season and both want wins to cap it off. The Aggies are looking for momentum for next year and the Hornets also would like to feel great heading in to next year...SAC 45, UCD 35.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Based on the above posts, I give us a 50/50 chance.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

kalm wrote:Based on the above posts, I give us a 50/50 chance.
I'm sure JALMOND had been drinking heavily (with good reason) when he made his pick. I was totally sober. :coffee:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Not a Rivalry Game

Both teams would like to end their seasons on a good note in this battle for 3rd to last place.

BEARS- 28-21

The Brawl of the Wild

Earlier in the year I had this one pegged as a Montana loss, but now.........

GRIZZLIES 38-20

The Border War

The Wildcats get win #41 in the 56th edition of the "Border War"

WILDCATS 38-17

The Canyonland Classic

This could be one of the better Canyonland battles in quite some time.

THUNDERBIRDS 34-28

The Causeway Classic

Can Sacramento State finally beat their rivals in this year's edition of the Causeway?

HORNETS 31-23

The Dam Cup

Portland State has given Eastern fits in this game before.......but not this year.

EAGLES 52-17
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Computer Picks

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

PSU @ EWU
Sagarin: Eagles by 25
Massey: Eagles by 26

UCD @ SAC
Sagarin: Hornets by 3
Massey: Hornets by 4

NAU @ SUU
Sagarin: T-Birds by 3
Massey: T-Birds by 5

ISU @ WEB
Sagarin: Wildcats by 25
Massey: Wildcats by 24

UMT @ MSU
Sagarin: Griz by 0+
Massey: Bobcats by 1

CP @ UNC
Sagarin: Bears by 1
Massey: Bears by 1
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Computer Picks

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:PSU @ EWU

UCD @ SAC

NAU @ SUU

ISU @ WEB

UMT @ MSU

CP @ UNC
I know the cats are home, but the puters really must not like Montana's schedule and love the Cat's schedule. The Cat's 4 wins came against teams that are a combined 9-31. Granted, some close games against quality teams. Perhaps they overweigh SoS and good losses compared to w/l?

I'd have the Griz at least -3.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

kalm wrote:I know the cats are home, but the puters really must not like Montana's schedule and love the Cat's schedule. The Cat's 4 wins came against teams that are a combined 9-31. Granted, some close games against quality teams. Perhaps they overweigh SoS and good losses compared to w/l?

The 'Cats get bonus points in all computer rankings because of their preseason championship banners. :coffee:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

kalm wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:PSU @ EWU

UCD @ SAC

NAU @ SUU

ISU @ WEB

UMT @ MSU

CP @ UNC
I know the cats are home, but the puters really must not like Montana's schedule and love the Cat's schedule. The Cat's 4 wins came against teams that are a combined 9-31. Granted, some close games against quality teams. Perhaps they overweigh SoS and good losses compared to w/l?

So fucking sick of hearing about good losses. WTF is a good loss? It is a fucking loss. Take it, move on and be better next time.

The Detroit Lions were 0-16 but in reality they had 8 or 9 good losses. Better let them into the playoffs. :dunce:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

grizzaholic wrote:
kalm wrote:

So fucking sick of hearing about good losses. WTF is a good loss? It is a fucking loss. Take it, move on and be better next time.

The Detroit Lions were 0-16 but in reality they had 8 or 9 good losses. Better let them into the playoffs. :dunce:
An example of a good loss would be comparing a 7-4 EWU's losses to 3 playoff teams and a bowl team in TTU, NDSU, Weber, and your SUU to a 7-4 Samford's losses to 1 playoff team, a bowl team, 7-5 WCU, and 3-8 or 2-9 Chatty when determining an at-large bid, grumpy pants.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
kalm wrote:I know the cats are home, but the puters really must not like Montana's schedule and love the Cat's schedule. The Cat's 4 wins came against teams that are a combined 9-31. Granted, some close games against quality teams. Perhaps they overweigh SoS and good losses compared to w/l?

The 'Cats get bonus points in all computer rankings because of their preseason championship banners. :coffee:
Plus, they've racked up quality losses like nobody else this year. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:

An example of a good loss would be comparing a 7-4 EWU's losses to 3 playoff teams and a bowl team in TTU, NDSU, Weber, and your SUU to a 7-4 Samford's losses to 1 playoff team, a bowl team, 7-5 WCU, and 3-8 or 2-9 Chatty when determining an at-large bid, grumpy pants.
Is it a "good loss" when you get blown out--AT HOME--by more than 25 points?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Is it a "good loss" when you get blown out--AT HOME--by more than 25 points?
Good point. It could be even considered a bad loss. But it's still better than a loss to Chatty when comparing resumes. Kind of like letting a Pioneer stick around for 3 quarters... :coffee: :kisswink: :mrgreen:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Final Regular-Season Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. Southern Utah ____________7-1_____9-2_____W7
    2. Weber State_______________7-1_____9-2_____W5
    3. Eastern Washington_______6-2_____7-4_____W2
    4. Northern Arizona _________6-2_____7-4_____L1
    5. Sacramento State _________6-2_____7-4_____W3
    6. Montana State_____________5-3_____5-6_____W1
    7. Montana __________________5-3_____7-4_____L1
    8. UC Davis _________________3-5_____5-6_____L2
    9. North Dakota _____________2-6_____3-8_____L2
    10.Northern Colorado________2-6_____3-7_____W1
    11.Idaho State _______________2-6_____4-7_____L3
    12.Cal Poly __________________1-7_____1-10____L2
    13.Portland State_____________0-8_____0-11____L10/L13

Suutah beats Weber on H2H for the auto-bid.
EWU & NAU both beat Sac, and EWU beats NAU on common games against Montana.
NoDak beat NoCo, who beat ISU (ISU didn't play NoDak).