BRACE YOURSELVES - New Delaware Stadium!

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: BRACE YOURSELVES - New Delaware Stadium!

Post by 93henfan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
93henfan wrote:
That’s what happens when you build your campus on the side of a mountain (MT translation: hill).
Well ours is on the side of a mountain and there ain't to track.
But you have a very large sky I am told. They have a much smaller sky in North Carolina.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Well ours is on the side of a mountain and there ain't to track.
But you have a very large sky I am told. They have a much smaller sky in North Carolina.
This is true. Our skies are small. :(
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ibanez wrote:
93henfan wrote:
This is true. Our skies are small. :(
It's not the size of the sky, it's how you use it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:A new development revealed by our AD in the post-game presser last night: the entire home stands will be torn down and rebuilt.

27 minute mark: https://www.facebook.com/DelawareBlueHe ... 603298203/

Also, $48M of the $60M needed was raised in two days.
So the side with the new press box and chairback/club seats will be torn down and rebuilt? I thought they were just adding on- which would be kind of cool to keep the old school steepness.

Damn that is a lot of coin in 2 days. UD get some 8 figure donations?

So starting construction after the 2018 season and have it done by 2020?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote:
93henfan wrote:A new development revealed by our AD in the post-game presser last night: the entire home stands will be torn down and rebuilt.

27 minute mark: https://www.facebook.com/DelawareBlueHe ... 603298203/

Also, $48M of the $60M needed was raised in two days.
So the side with the new press box and chairback/club seats will be torn down and rebuilt? I thought they were just adding on- which would be kind of cool to keep the old school steepness.

Damn that is a lot of coin in 2 days. UD get some 8 figure donations?

So starting construction after the 2018 season and have it done by 2020?
Someone named Whitney donated $10M. The APC will be called the Whitney Performance Center. Construction of the stands and press/stadium club portion of the APC is supposed to start after 2018 season and be ready for 2019. The APC itself is supposed to be complete for 2020.

Their is an assload of construction going on around there already. I was at the game on Saturday and there’s some tall new building going up on the STAR campus (where the Chrysler plant that UD bought used to be).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

This will obviously immediately help UD a lot (2018 recruits can told this will be built while you are here), which will be good for the CAA, which ultimately will be good for JMU. Kind of the rising tide floats all boats. And I think JMU is going to be floating in I-AA & the CAA for at least a few more years.. To get back as the top football conference, or at least parity with the MVFC, need at least 2 big public powerhouses that have top notch for I-AA facilities & support with crowds of 15k to 20+k week in and out. Outside of JMU and UD, I don't see any of the other CAA 7 publics, or the 3 privates, being able to do that..
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote:This will obviously immediately help UD a lot (2018 recruits can told this will be built while you are here), which will be good for the CAA, which ultimately will be good for JMU. Kind of the rising tide floats all boats. And I think JMU is going to be floating in I-AA & the CAA for at least a few more years.. To get back as the top football conference, or at least parity with the MVFC, need at least 2 big public powerhouses that have top notch for I-AA facilities & support with crowds of 15k to 20+k week in and out. Outside of JMU and UD, I don't see any of the other CAA 7 publics, or the 3 privates, being able to do that..
Hasn't UNH really seen an upswing with their facility improvements? I think they're in the 12k-15k neighborhood now, and they've always supported the team up there. And you certainly can't argue with the on the field success.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Ibanez wrote: This is true. Our skies are small. :(
It's not the size of the sky, it's how you use it.
Most people fly through it.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

So this means you are going FBS with Liberty?
:thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dbackjon wrote:So this means you are going FBS with Liberty?
While both schools are big on Jesus, ban drinking, and are largely homophobic, UD has drawn the line at bashing the Teletubbies.

They're so cute! How could you hate Tinky Winky?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:This will obviously immediately help UD a lot (2018 recruits can told this will be built while you are here), which will be good for the CAA, which ultimately will be good for JMU. Kind of the rising tide floats all boats. And I think JMU is going to be floating in I-AA & the CAA for at least a few more years.. To get back as the top football conference, or at least parity with the MVFC, need at least 2 big public powerhouses that have top notch for I-AA facilities & support with crowds of 15k to 20+k week in and out. Outside of JMU and UD, I don't see any of the other CAA 7 publics, or the 3 privates, being able to do that..
Hasn't UNH really seen an upswing with their facility improvements? I think they're in the 12k-15k neighborhood now, and they've always supported the team up there. And you certainly can't argue with the on the field success.

Yeah, UNH made a huge improveent in their facilities. Use to be a dump with only 6.5k permanent seats. They always had several k in temp seating in the endzone. The high school like bleachers on the visitor side may have literally held only about 1000-1500, with a couple of port o potties. Guys could just go into the woodline to take a piss. Now after 25 million renovation is a nice 11k stadium.

Last year they avg 9630. Someone put on the JMU board before the game with them last year that for their Parents' Weekend/HC game (maybe the opener too) they were counting everyone in their tailgate lots, which required a game ticket to enter. Talk about using a gimmick to grossly artificially inflate your attendance #s.
Holy Cross: 13,242 (new stadium opener)
W&M (HC & Parents'): 21,943 (again, its an 11k stadium. :suspicious: )
JMU: 8,316
SBU: 5029
Maine: 6401
Lehigh: (Playoff): 2,240
Playoff attendance is obviously lowballed. But their HC/Parents' is obviously grossly inflated.

2017 so far avg 12,749
-Maine: 15,854
-URI: (HC & Parents'): 22,125
-Bryant: 7951
-Towson: 10522
-Elon: 7294

Without their attendance gimmick I think 10k is more accurate. Excellent for the northeast, but I think they're still a rung below being a big public powerhouse with top notch for I-AA facilities & support..