Big Sky Predictions - Week 11

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 11

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Weber 34-14 Portland St. — PSU's QB situation is a revolving mystery, but that won't matter here

Sac State 27-21 Cal Poly — The 'Stangs are off the schneid, but they'll have trouble with Sac's defensive front

Suutah 34-28 Davis — UC Davis is the Southeastern Louisiana of the Big Sky

Montana St. 14-31 NAUIt could be Souers's last home game and the Bobcats are out of hope

NoCo 17-38 MontanaWill Jerry Louie-McGee see time at QB? No, that's just silly… probably

EWU 31-27 NoDak — Gubrud is out, but the Fighting Hawks are super ready for the offseason
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 11

Post by SDHornet »

WSU - Wildcats win big.
Sac - Hornets grind out another one.
SUU - T-Birds win.
NAU - Jack roll to an easy win.
UM - Griz win big.
EWU - Eags win big.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Happy Veterans Day to all those that have served. This week, the Big Sky serves up almost a full slate to honor the veterans, except for Idaho State, who drew the short straw and will sit out this weekend. Some excellent matchups this weekend before the rivalry week next week. Currently I sit at 58-18, hoping for perfection this week. Here we go.

EWU at UND---The final game as an official member of the Big Sky for the Hawks as they try to go out a winner. The Eagles need this for a shot at the playoffs, but they took a hit with suspensions. Still,...EWU 27, UND 21.

MSU at NAU---The Bobcats are smarting from a stunning non-conference blow. They head on the road to face an angry Lumberjacks team who wants a win here to get back in the playoff scramble...NAU 35, MSU 21.

UNC at UM---The Bear Brawl. The Bears feel good coming in here, knowing they stole one last year. The Grizzlies got a good win last week and have a stiff test next week. Could this be a trap game? No...UM 24, UNC 10.

SAC at CP---The Hornets struggled early last week but came alive to get the win in the fourth quarter. The Mustangs finally broke through and got a win last week. Can they get a second one in a row?...CP 21, SAC 17.

SUU at UCD---The Thunderbirds are flying high as they hope to secure a strong playoff berth, but have to face a strong Aggie squad who has looked really good at home all year. This one may be pretty good...SUU 40, UCD 28.

WSU at PSU---The Wildcats look like a strong bet for the playoffs out of the conference, but they can't overlook a Viking team that is trying to usher out their seniors with one win, hopefully...WSU 34, PSU 20.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Eastern Washington @ North Dakota - Too many distractions and the loss of their best offensive and defensive players dooms the Eagles.

Eagles- 24
Hawks- 26

Montana State @ Northern Arizona - Northern Arizona is gonna be hot and ready and Montana State's hopes of a possible Big Sky crown die.

Bobcats- 17
Lumberjacks- 40

Northern Colorado @ Montana- Northern Colorado has been one of the worst Big Sky road teams since they joined, now they travel to the most hostile atmosphere in the FCS...

Bears- 20
Grizzlies- 38

Sacramento State @ Cal Poly- The Hornets quest for a possible playoff berth continues.

Hornets- 28
Mustangs- 20

Southern Utah @ UC Davis- Though my heart says the Aggies at home is a good bet, Southern Utah has just looked too good.

Thunderbirds- 31
Aggies- 24

Weber State @ Portland State- Image

Wildcats- 28
Vikings- 21
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Computer Picks

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

WEB @ PSU
Sagarin: Wildcats by 22
Massey: Wildcats by 22

SAC @ CP
Sagarin: Hornets by 5
Massey: Hornets by 3

SUU @ UCD
Sagarin: T-Birds by 2
Massey: T-Birds by 3

MSU @ NAU
Sagarin: 'Jacks by 10
Massey: 'Jacks by 14

UNC @ UMT
Sagarin: Griz by 15
Massey: Griz by 17

EWU @ UND
Sagarin: Eagles by 7
Massey: Eagles by 7
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Re: Computer Picks

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:WEB @ PSU
Sagarin: Wildcats by 22
Massey: Wildcats by 22

SAC @ CP
Sagarin: Hornets by 5
Massey: Hornets by 3

SUU @ UCD
Sagarin: T-Birds by 2
Massey: T-Birds by 3

MSU @ NAU
Sagarin: 'Jacks by 10
Massey: 'Jacks by 14

UNC @ UMT
Sagarin: Griz by 15
Massey: Griz by 17

EWU @ UND
Sagarin: Eagles by 7
Massey: Eagles by 7

Every team covers but Weber and Eastern, Weber will win but I doubt by 22 points. Only team Weber has beaten by more than 17 points was Davis. Eastern is gonna lose in Grand Forks.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

JALMOND wrote:UNC at UM---The Bear Brawl. The Bears feel good coming in here, knowing they stole one last year. The Grizzlies got a good win last week and have a stiff test next week. Could this be a trap game? No...UM 24, UNC 10.
If we're limited to 24 with Jensen something went horribly wrong. But if he doesn't play then who knows
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:Every team covers but Weber and Eastern, Weber will win but I doubt by 22 points. Only team Weber has beaten by more than 17 points was Davis. Eastern is gonna lose in Grand Forks.
Weber hasn't played Portland State yet. :lol:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

JALMOND wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:Every team covers but Weber and Eastern, Weber will win but I doubt by 22 points. Only team Weber has beaten by more than 17 points was Davis. Eastern is gonna lose in Grand Forks.

Weber's offense isn't really built to blow other schools out. If Weber gets up you can count on them slowing the game down and running the clock out. I can see Weber winning big but at the same time Weber likes to control the clock, unless Portland State's defense really breaks down and allows Weber to run all over them then maybe it could be a blowout. If Weber wins this game it'll most likely be by around 14-17 points or 7 if you go by my prediction :thumb:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
JALMOND wrote:

Weber's offense isn't really built to blow other schools out. If Weber gets up you can count on them slowing the game down and running the clock out. I can see Weber winning big but at the same time Weber likes to control the clock, unless Portland State's defense really breaks down and allows Weber to run all over them then maybe it could be a blowout. If Weber wins this game it'll most likely be by around 14-17 points or 7 if you go by my prediction :thumb:
A couple fewer turnovers and that strategy would have bit them in the ass against the Griz. :fuel:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

A couple fewer turnovers and that strategy would have bit them in the ass against the Griz. :fuel:

If if's and buts were candy and nuts :thumb:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: A couple fewer turnovers and that strategy would have bit them in the ass against the Griz. :fuel:

If if's and buts were candy and nuts :thumb:
I like candy and...I like candy.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:Portland State's defense really breaks down and allows Weber to run all over them then maybe it could be a blowout. If Weber wins this game it'll most likely be by around 14-17 points or 7 if you go by my prediction :thumb:
Not the defense I'm concerned with. After watching the North Dakota game with the dinky passes that were returned for touchdowns, and also Santiago's punt return, it seems like little things turn in to big things, and one minute we're down by 7, then the next minute we're down 24, and we all are wondering what happened.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:Portland State's defense really breaks down and allows Weber to run all over them then maybe it could be a blowout. If Weber wins this game it'll most likely be by around 14-17 points or 7 if you go by my prediction :thumb:
Not the defense I'm concerned with. After watching the North Dakota game with the dinky passes that were returned for touchdowns, and also Santiago's punt return, it seems like little things turn in to big things, and one minute we're down by 7, then the next minute we're down 24, and we all are wondering what happened.
Is PSU regretting giving Barnum a 5-year contract?
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
What I will say is...

The coaching staff needs to be scrutinized whenever you're dealing with an 0-fer season.

That is what I will offer for now. :|
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
What I will say is...

The coaching staff needs to be scrutinized whenever you're dealing with an 0-fer season.

That is what I will offer for now. :|
Well, there was also that scandal in August.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post-Week 11 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. Southern Utah ____________6-1_____8-2_____W6
    2. Northern Arizona _________6-1_____7-3_____W1
    3. Weber State_______________6-1_____8-2_____W4
    4. Eastern Washington_______5-2_____6-4_____W1
    5. Montana __________________5-2_____7-3_____W2
    6. Sacramento State _________5-2_____6-4_____W2
    7. Montana State_____________4-3_____4-6_____L1/L2
    8. UC Davis _________________3-4_____5-5_____L1
    9. Idaho State _______________2-5_____4-6_____L2
    10.North Dakota _____________2-6_____3-8_____L2
    11.Northern Colorado________1-6_____2-7_____L6
    12.Cal Poly __________________1-6_____1-9_____L1
    13.Portland State_____________0-7_____0-10____L9/L12

Suutah beat Weber H2H, the only meeting between the top 3.
EWU beat each of the other 5-2 teams, while Montana beats Sac on common games against NAU.
NoCo beats Cal Poly on common games against ISU.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
Remember on eGriz when the "sky is falling" crowd were all crowing about how great Barnum was because he had some success in his first year? WAFJ. That place is a complete shitstorm.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Remember on eGriz when the "sky is falling" crowd were all crowing about how great Barnum was because he had some success in his first year? WAFJ. That place is a complete shitstorm.
He's turning into PSU's version of Dave Arnold: one great year, but the rest are garbage.
Kadeezy
I am a fan of: Sacramento State

Re: Post-Week 11 Standings

Post by Kadeezy »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
  • 1. Southern Utah ____________6-1_____8-2_____W6
    2. Northern Arizona _________6-1_____7-3_____W1
    3. Weber State_______________6-1_____8-2_____W4
    4. Eastern Washington_______5-2_____6-4_____W1
    5. Montana __________________5-2_____7-3_____W2
    6. Sacramento State _________5-2_____6-4_____W2
    7. Montana State_____________4-3_____4-6_____L1/L2
    8. UC Davis _________________3-4_____5-5_____L1
    9. Idaho State _______________2-5_____4-6_____L2
    10.North Dakota _____________2-6_____3-8_____L2
    11.Northern Colorado________1-6_____2-7_____L6
    12.Cal Poly __________________1-6_____1-9_____L1
    13.Portland State_____________0-7_____0-10____L9/L12

Suutah beat Weber H2H, the only meeting between the top 3.
EWU beat each of the other 5-2 teams, while Montana beats Sac on common games against NAU.
NoCo beats Cal Poly on common games against ISU.

SAC is the only team to beat SUU (54-27). What a mess...
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
He's turning into PSU's version of Dave Arnold: one great year, but the rest are garbage.
Barnum does have the backing of the AD, however.

http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/index ... iver_index
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:Happy Veterans Day to all those that have served. This week, the Big Sky serves up almost a full slate to honor the veterans, except for Idaho State, who drew the short straw and will sit out this weekend. Some excellent matchups this weekend before the rivalry week next week. Currently I sit at 58-18, hoping for perfection this week. Here we go.

EWU at UND---The final game as an official member of the Big Sky for the Hawks as they try to go out a winner. The Eagles need this for a shot at the playoffs, but they took a hit with suspensions. Still,...EWU 27, UND 21.

MSU at NAU---The Bobcats are smarting from a stunning non-conference blow. They head on the road to face an angry Lumberjacks team who wants a win here to get back in the playoff scramble...NAU 35, MSU 21.

UNC at UM---The Bear Brawl. The Bears feel good coming in here, knowing they stole one last year. The Grizzlies got a good win last week and have a stiff test next week. Could this be a trap game? No...UM 24, UNC 10.

SAC at CP---The Hornets struggled early last week but came alive to get the win in the fourth quarter. The Mustangs finally broke through and got a win last week. Can they get a second one in a row?...CP 21, SAC 17.

SUU at UCD---The Thunderbirds are flying high as they hope to secure a strong playoff berth, but have to face a strong Aggie squad who has looked really good at home all year. This one may be pretty good...SUU 40, UCD 28.

WSU at PSU---The Wildcats look like a strong bet for the playoffs out of the conference, but they can't overlook a Viking team that is trying to usher out their seniors with one win, hopefully...WSU 34, PSU 20.
5-1 again this week, 63-19 overall.
Kadeezy
I am a fan of: Sacramento State

Post by Kadeezy »

Hope SUU wins and Weber loses. Looking for a 5 way tie for second lol...
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Kadeezy wrote:Hope SUU wins and Weber loses. Looking for a 5 way tie for second lol...
I really don't think Weber's gonna lose.