http://www.bluehens.com/ViewArticle.dbm ... 1502397977
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Re: 2018 Schedule Thread

Post by Thundernuts »

I can’t find the entire 2018 schedule but SUU will be playing Oregon state and Arizona. Must be fundraising like a mofo to play 2 PAC schools.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

How nice would it be not to have to play a P5 body bag game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Isn't that just a tad early for a bye when one isn't facing a string of FBS bodybag games?

Other than that, it's a balance of strong and weak FCS OOC opponents and some good conference games. I like it.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

93henfan wrote:Fargo, here come the Hens:

Delaware 2018 Schedule
Thur., August 30: *Rhode Island
Sat., September 8: Lafayette
Sat., September 15: Cornell
Sat., September 22: at North Dakota State
Sat., September 29: Open Date
Sat., October 6: *at Richmond
Sat., October 13: *Elon
Sat., October 20: *at New Hampshire
Sat., October 27: *Towson
Sat., November 3: *at Albany
Sat., November 10: *at Stony Brook
Sat., November 17: *Villanova
*CAA

http://www.bluehens.com/ViewArticle.dbm ... 1502397977
No JMU? Ain't that some shit...
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Jjoey52 wrote:How nice would it be not to have to play a P5 body bag game.

Our last five seasons in reverse have been: Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Navy. I don't mind the breather, though I'm not sure traveling to Fargo to play NDSU will exactly be a breather. :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bandl wrote: No JMU? Ain't that some shit...
You can only travel to a coal-mining town so often without triggering all sorts of OSHA concerns with the NCAA. They try to mitigate the number of trips to places like Harrisonburg, Morgantown, Huntington, etc for teams from the non-mining areas.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

93henfan wrote:
bandl wrote: No JMU? Ain't that some shit...
You can only travel to a coal-mining town so often without triggering all sorts of OSHA concerns with the NCAA. They try to mitigate the number of trips to places like Harrisonburg, Morgantown, Huntington, etc for teams from the non-mining areas.
You're usually pretty funny

That was kinda pathetic though. Pretty embarrassing attempt on your part. You're usually much better than this.

Would you like a mulligan? I'm okay with you deleting/editing your original post if you are. I'll do the same for this reply so that we can all pretend it never happened.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bandl wrote:
93henfan wrote:
You're usually pretty funny

That was kinda pathetic though. Pretty embarrassing attempt on your part. You're usually much better than this.

Would you like a mulligan? I'm okay with you deleting/editing your original post if you are. I'll do the same for this reply so that we can all pretend it never happened.
You don't have to be embarrassed. Coal mining/miners are a vital cog in the nation's economic engine.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

93henfan wrote:
bandl wrote: You're usually pretty funny

You don't have to be embarrassed. Coal mining/miners are a vital cog in the nation's economic engine.
I don't even know what to do with you now
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

WEBER STATE

Aug 30 (Thurs), @ Utah
Sep 8, @ Cal Poly
Sep 15, S Dakota

Sep 22, Northern Colorado
BYE
Oct 6, @ Northern Arizona
Oct 13, Eastern Washington
Oct 20, Montana State
Oct 27, @ North Dakota
Nov 3, Sacramento State
Nov 10, @ Southern Utah
Nov 17, @ Idaho State

Was beginning to think Eastern wouldnt ever play in Ogden again, glad it only took 6 years :roll:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Nice sched for BBQ. A winnable (though nowhere near a guarantee) FBS game (and one that will DEFINITELY draw a ton of fans given that it's an in-state rivalry game of sorts) followed by one of our lame western in-conference OOC games and a peer FCS OOC game. That looks like a pretty good set-up for a playoff run. Even if BBQ loses the FBS game, it promises to be close enough to look good to the Committee come playoff time.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

ISU has 2 body bag games again at Cal and BYU. But they get the Vanduls in the dome.

Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Jjoey52 wrote:ISU has 2 body bag games again at Cal and BYU. But they get the Vanduls in the dome. The schedule showed them playing No Dak, but isn’t this their last year?

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Jjoey52 wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:ISU has 2 body bag games again at Cal and BYU. But they get the Vanduls in the dome. The schedule showed them playing No Dak, but isn’t this their last year?

As a Big Sky member yes, after this year they will be playing as an independent. North Dakota was sure the MVFC would allow them in for the 2018 season but they said not till 2020. North Dakota who already put in their "resignation" was then in a bind, they had to make 11 game schedules for 2018 and 2019. Since it was after the Big Sky released their future schedules through 2019. North Dakota asked if they could keep them and the Big Sky allowed it.

The difference is games against UND for the other Big Sky members WILL count as Big Sky conference games, Wins over other Big Sky teams will not count towards any kind of conference standings for UND. It was part of the deal to allow UND to keep their schedy's.

North Dakota is not eligible for a Big Sky title in 2018 and 19, however I believe they are still playoff eligible.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:

As a Big Sky member yes, after this year they will be playing as an independent. North Dakota was sure the MVFC would allow them in for the 2018 season but they said not till 2020. North Dakota who already put in their "resignation" was then in a bind, they had to make 11 game schedules for 2018 and 2019. Since it was after the Big Sky released their future schedules through 2019. North Dakota asked if they could keep them and the Big Sky allowed it.

The difference is games against UND for the other Big Sky members WILL count as Big Sky conference games, Wins over other Big Sky teams will not count towards any kind of conference standings for UND. It was part of the deal to allow UND to keep their schedy's.

North Dakota is not eligible for a Big Sky title in 2018 and 19, however I believe they are still playoff eligible.

Thx for the info, that is a strange way of doing things, but if everyone is happy......