Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-28

Post by JALMOND »

A string of consecutive 5-1 weeks has brought me up to a respectful 47-16 record for the year. Some good games on tap in the Big Sky this weekend so it makes it difficult to predict a perfect weekend. Here is my attempt at it, however.

CP at UCD---The Aggies have been just missing against the good teams, but have looked against the bad teams (well at least against Portland State). The Mustangs, well that is a different story...UCD 35, CP 7.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals are thinking this year may be a good year for them, but they need to get a win on the road against the Bobcats to make some noise. Bobcats are still clinging to hope...MSU 27, ISU 21.

UM at WSU---The Grizzlies have looked tough so far this season, but clearly move into the challenging part of the year. The Wildcats are looking slow with a quarterback who might not be 100%. Still...WSU 35, UM 28.

UND at PSU---Everyone seems to be picking on the Hawks these days as their encore season in the Big Sky comes to a close. But everyone seems to be laughing at the Vikings who still can't get out of their way...UND 32, PSU 30.

SAC at NAU---A strong test for the Hornets this week as they head out to altitude against the Lumberjacks, who are hoping their dream season continues with no threat of their usual swoon...NAU 34, SAC 28.

SUU at UNC---Two strong wins by the Thunderbirds have them back knocking for a playoff berth. They are hoping the Bears will just roll over and let them pass on by. But the Bears may have other plans...SUU 37, UNC 31.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-28

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

NoDak 32-35 Portland St.I hope I'm wrong since I'm looking forward to next week's "Winless Bowl 2017" :thumb:

Cal Poly 21-38 DavisThe Aggies likely won't sweep & make the playoffs, but they will win here

Montana 28-34 WeberI don't know if the Strong issue will make the difference, but this was a coin flip anyway

Sac State 24-35 NAUThis could've been real interesting in Sacto, but not in Flagstaff

Idaho St. 28-35 Montana St.Whoever loses is eliminated, not that either is likely to see the postseason anyway

Suutah 31-17 NoCo — Could be a trap game, but probably not
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UND - Assuming Zimmerman gets the start.
dungpilers - CP is dreadful this year.
WSU - Toss up, going with home team.
NAU - I don't think the Hornets could get the win with a healthy Thomson, we definitely aren't winning without him.
ISU - Because why not?
SUU - Shouldn't be close.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Southern Utah @ Northern Colorado- Southern Utah avoids the trap game and breezes past UNC.

THUNDERBIRDS - 38-17

Idaho State @ Montana State- Old Big Sky Rivals tango in Bozeman in a must win stay alive game. The Bengals have played well at home, but the road, (outside of Nevada) has not been kind to them.

BOBCATS - 42-31

Montana @ Weber State- The Griz make the trip to Ogden for the first time in 5 years, a place they are 1-2 since 2008. Wildcat defense is going to need to show up.

WILDCATS - 30-28

North Dakota @ Portland State- Sheesh who to pick in this one? Usually like to pick the home team in tossups, but Portland State has the worst home field advantage in the Big Sky.

HAWKS
- 31-27

Sacramento State @ Northern Arizona- This could be a huge win for Sacramento, had this game been in Sac I may have given them the advantage, but it's been proven over the years that teams from Cali have struggled in Altitude games.

LUMBERJACKS - 41-20

Cal Poly @ UC Davis- Poly is bad this year, but their defense is actually pretty decent. They'll have to be if they want any shot of beating the Aggies.

AGGIES - 40-17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Griz average 40+...Wildcats give up about 20 a game.
Griz D gives up 30+....Wildcats only average low 20's....

Guess we'll see which breaks first....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:North Dakota @ Portland State- Sheesh who to pick in this one? Usually like to pick the home team in tossups, but Portland State has the worst home field advantage in the Big Sky.

HAWKS
- 31-27
I'm always there for Viking home games, even the ones in Hillsboro. That should count for something, at least. :mrgreen:

:nod:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

As always, thanks for getting this going. The Facebook group is nuts. More sane speak over here.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:A string of consecutive 5-1 weeks has brought me up to a respectful 47-16 record for the year. Some good games on tap in the Big Sky this weekend so it makes it difficult to predict a perfect weekend. Here is my attempt at it, however.

CP at UCD---The Aggies have been just missing against the good teams, but have looked against the bad teams (well at least against Portland State). The Mustangs, well that is a different story...UCD 35, CP 7.

ISU at MSU---The Bengals are thinking this year may be a good year for them, but they need to get a win on the road against the Bobcats to make some noise. Bobcats are still clinging to hope...MSU 27, ISU 21.

UM at WSU---The Grizzlies have looked tough so far this season, but clearly move into the challenging part of the year. The Wildcats are looking slow with a quarterback who might not be 100%. Still...WSU 35, UM 28.

UND at PSU---Everyone seems to be picking on the Hawks these days as their encore season in the Big Sky comes to a close. But everyone seems to be laughing at the Vikings who still can't get out of their way...UND 32, PSU 30.

SAC at NAU---A strong test for the Hornets this week as they head out to altitude against the Lumberjacks, who are hoping their dream season continues with no threat of their usual swoon...NAU 34, SAC 28.

SUU at UNC---Two strong wins by the Thunderbirds have them back knocking for a playoff berth. They are hoping the Bears will just roll over and let them pass on by. But the Bears may have other plans...SUU 37, UNC 31.
6-0 this week, 53-16 overall. And to think I almost went with Portland State. Guess I'm learning.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:NoDak 32-35 Portland St.I hope I'm wrong since I'm looking forward to next week's "Winless Bowl 2017" :thumb:

Cal Poly 21-38 DavisThe Aggies likely won't sweep & make the playoffs, but they will win here

Montana 28-34 WeberI don't know if the Strong issue will make the difference, but this was a coin flip anyway

Sac State 24-35 NAUThis could've been real interesting in Sacto, but not in Flagstaff

Idaho St. 28-35 Montana St.Whoever loses is eliminated, not that either is likely to see the postseason anyway

Suutah 31-17 NoCo — Could be a trap game, but probably not

My fourth straight 5-1 week since acing Week 5. I avoided my own homer trap, but stepped right in JALMOND's homer trap. :? ;)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Lately I've been going with an upset pick...and they've always been wrong. :ohno:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post-Week 9 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. Northern Arizona _________5-0_____6-2_____W5/W6
    2. Southern Utah ____________4-1_____6-2_____W4
    3. Weber State_______________4-1_____6-2_____W2
    4. Eastern Washington_______4-1_____5-3_____L1
    5. Montana State_____________4-2_____4-4_____W2
    6. Montana __________________3-2_____5-3_____L1
    7. Sacramento State _________3-2_____4-4_____L1
    8. UC Davis _________________2-3_____4-4_____W1
    9. North Dakota _____________2-4_____3-6_____W1
    10.Idaho State _______________2-4_____4-5_____L1
    11.Northern Colorado________1-4_____2-5_____L4
    12.Cal Poly __________________0-5_____0-8_____L5/L9
    13.Portland State_____________0-5_____0-8_____L7/L10

Suutah beat both Weber & EWU H2H, then Weber beats EWU on Sagarins.
Montana beats Sac on Sagarins.
NoDak beats ISU on common games against NoCo.
CP beats PSU on Sagarins (CP is actually ahead of ISU & NoCo in the Sagarins, too).
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Venus was VERY close on the Sac-NAU score. Good work!

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.