Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-21

Post by JALMOND »

And down the stretch they come! Well, maybe a bit premature as the season is just a little half over. A good slate of games this weekend. Everyone plays except Montana who will sit this weekend out. I'm at 42-15 so far, putting together a couple of 5-1 weeks to get back to a respectable level. Here are my picks.

EWU at SUU---Eagles are looking really strong of late but head out on the road this weekend. The Thunderbirds just dispatched Weber State last week and still are looking for respect...SUU 38, EWU 36.

MSU at UNC---Bobcats seem to be playing everyone close and go on the road this weekend. The Bears had two weeks to prepare and get to face a strong opponent in some friendly confines...MSU 24, UNC 10.

PSU at ISU---Vikings have been so close only to sabotage themselves at some point during the game. They go into the dome to face the Bengals who have been impressive so far...PSU 21, ISU 19.

SAC at UND---The Hornets have been a pleasant surprise in the conference and seem to just be plugging along. The Hawks are wondering what could have been and have been plugging players left and right...SAC 35, UND 27.

UCD at NAU---Hawkins had the Aggies playing tough and competitive so far, but they have to head out this weekend to the altitude where the Lumberjacks seem to be the team to beat, but not this weekend...NAU 42, UCD 21.

WSU at CP---The Wildcat looked invincible until last week when they lost their leader early. They now hope to rebound against a game Mustang team that is hoping to avoid the injury bug...WSU 38, CP 21.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Power Rankings 10-16

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

I think you need to change the thread title…
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-21

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Weber 23-14 Cal Poly — The perfect opponent for a team with QB-health issues… maybe

Portland St. 28-38 Idaho St.Probably ISU's last win of the season

EWU 35-24 Suutah — The T-Birds won their super bowl last week, but this week isn't any easier

Davis 24-41 NAUOnly 1 of their 12 combined games has been decided by less than 18 points

Montana St. 35-21 NoCo — Bobcats keep their nominal playoff hopes alive thanks to Jacob Knipp's injury

Sac State 31-21 NoDak — The Hornets should end their 14-game road losing streak
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Weber 23-14 Cal Poly — The perfect opponent for a team with QB-health issues… maybe

Portland St. 28-38 Idaho St.Probably ISU's last win of the season

EWU 35-24 Suutah — The T-Birds won their super bowl last week, but this week isn't any easier

Davis 24-41 NAUOnly 1 of their 12 combined games has been decided by less than 18 points

Montana St. 35-21 NoCo — Bobcats keep their nominal playoff hopes alive thanks to Jacob Knipp's injury

Sac State 31-21 NoDak — The Hornets should end their 14-game road losing streak
While I agree with your analysis, I will literally be rooting for almost every single game to turn out the reverse. NoDak & NoCo could eliminate two teams from contention. Davis could damper NAU's season...SUU could give us a shot at a shared title...and CP could put a dent in Weber's day for us as well...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

It is harder to maintain than it is to obtain, as SUU will learn the hard way this week.

EWU 42, SUU 17
MSU 21, UNC 2
PSU 31, ISU 6
Sac 45, Sioux 13
NAU 49, UCD 0
BBQ 31, CP 20

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

WSU
ISU
EWU
NAU
MSU
Sac

The week I don't pick CP is the week they probably get their upset.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

WSU @ Cal Poly- Cats win with Cantwell, Lose without him.

PSU @ ISU- Bengals in a shootout.

EWU @ SUU- Can SUU stay on course and not let the Weber win trip them up?

Davis @ NAU- Lumberjacks win this one surprisingly easy.

MSU @ UNC- I'm taking the Bears, just a feeling.

SAC @ UND- Sac should win this one.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Computer Picks

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

WEB @ CP
Sagarin: Wildcats by 10
Massey: Wildcats by 7

PSU @ ISU
Sagarin: Viks by 1
Massey: Bengals by 3

EWU @ SUU
Sagarin: Eagles by 4
Massey: Eagles by 3

UCD @ NAU
Sagarin: 'Jacks by 11
Massey: 'Jacks by 7

MSU @ UNC
Sagarin: Bobcats by 7
Massey: Bobcats by 5

SAC @ UND
Sagarin: F-Hawks by 3
Massey: F-Hawks by 2
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Big Sky Predictions 10-21

Post by Jjoey52 »

Bengals get a much needed blow out win today. If they can get to 5 this year, I will consider it a success as they will have virtually everyone back next year on offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

If only Cantwell didnt go out last week
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:And down the stretch they come! Well, maybe a bit premature as the season is just a little half over. A good slate of games this weekend. Everyone plays except Montana who will sit this weekend out. I'm at 42-15 so far, putting together a couple of 5-1 weeks to get back to a respectable level. Here are my picks.

EWU at SUU---Eagles are looking really strong of late but head out on the road this weekend. The Thunderbirds just dispatched Weber State last week and still are looking for respect...SUU 38, EWU 36.

MSU at UNC---Bobcats seem to be playing everyone close and go on the road this weekend. The Bears had two weeks to prepare and get to face a strong opponent in some friendly confines...MSU 24, UNC 10.

PSU at ISU---Vikings have been so close only to sabotage themselves at some point during the game. They go into the dome to face the Bengals who have been impressive so far...PSU 21, ISU 19.

SAC at UND---The Hornets have been a pleasant surprise in the conference and seem to just be plugging along. The Hawks are wondering what could have been and have been plugging players left and right...SAC 35, UND 27.

UCD at NAU---Hawkins had the Aggies playing tough and competitive so far, but they have to head out this weekend to the altitude where the Lumberjacks seem to be the team to beat, but not this weekend...NAU 42, UCD 21.

WSU at CP---The Wildcat looked invincible until last week when they lost their leader early. They now hope to rebound against a game Mustang team that is hoping to avoid the injury bug...WSU 38, CP 21.
Another 5-1 weekend. 47-16 overall.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Hornets won with their 3rd string QB getting the start. :lol:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post-Week 8 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. Northern Arizona _________4-0_____5-2_____W4/W5
    2. Eastern Washington_______4-1_____5-3_____L1
    3. Weber State_______________3-1_____5-2_____W1
    4. Southern Utah ____________3-1_____5-2_____W3
    5. Montana __________________3-1_____5-2_____W3
    6. Sacramento State _________3-1_____4-3_____W2
    7. Montana State_____________3-2_____3-4_____W1
    8. Idaho State _______________2-3_____4-4_____W1
    9. UC Davis _________________1-3_____3-4_____L2
    10.Northern Colorado________1-3_____2-4_____L3
    11.North Dakota _____________1-4_____2-6_____L2
    12.Cal Poly __________________0-4_____0-7_____L4/L8
    13.Portland State_____________0-4_____0-7_____L6/L9

Sagarins break the 3-1 and winless ties.
Davis beats NoCo on common games against NoDak.