Football Championship Subdivision discussions
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Griz Marching Band GoFundMe

Post by dbackjon »

Due to budget cuts in the University of Montana Athletic Department, the band will not be playing music in the annual Griz vs. Bobcats football game. Director of Athletic Bands Kevin Griggs said the annual trip for the marching band was eliminated due to the budget cuts.

“We love to support the team – especially in a big rivalry game like this one – and are saddened that we won’t be able to attend,” Griggs said. “As a band, we will continue to do our best to create an energetic atmosphere at the games.”

UM’s Director of Athletics Kent Haslam said the trip cost the Athletic Department roughly $25,000 for the 130 plus marching band members to attend the game.

http://www.kpax.com/story/36621962/budg ... nd-at-home
:thumb:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Re: Griz Marching Band GoFundMe

Post by grizzaholic »

dbackjon wrote:Due to budget cuts in the University of Montana Athletic Department, the band will not be playing music in the annual Griz vs. Bobcats football game. Director of Athletic Bands Kevin Griggs said the annual trip for the marching band was eliminated due to the budget cuts.

“We love to support the team – especially in a big rivalry game like this one – and are saddened that we won’t be able to attend,” Griggs said. “As a band, we will continue to do our best to create an energetic atmosphere at the games.”

UM’s Director of Athletics Kent Haslam said the trip cost the Athletic Department roughly $25,000 for the 130 plus marching band members to attend the game.

Their problem. Why should they fleece more money from others when they cannot keep their own books in check? fuck them
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
GrizMusician

Post by GrizMusician »

grizzaholic wrote:
dbackjon wrote:Due to budget cuts in the University of Montana Athletic Department, the band will not be playing music in the annual Griz vs. Bobcats football game. Director of Athletic Bands Kevin Griggs said the annual trip for the marching band was eliminated due to the budget cuts.

Their problem. Why should they fleece more money from others when they cannot keep their own books in check? **** them
Really? The trip has been funded by private donations every single year. We are talking about students that donate roughly 10-15 hours a week to help make the Grizzly game day experience special. It is incredibly sad that you have such a poor attitude toward these students.

It is unfortunate that the private donations didn’t work out as planned this year, which is why initially they were planning on not going until alumnus stepped up to help raise funds.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

If I donate, will you play at Delaware games?

Our band is well-funded, but sits with their thumbs up their asses for most of the game. Most nursing homes have more spirit than our band.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Rich K
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by Rich K »

Maybe they can hit up Maria Cole. The bone-headed morons at the J-School have found a way for her to free up some of her money.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

Rich K wrote:Maybe they can hit up Maria Cole. The bone-headed morons at the J-School have found a way for her to free up some of her money.
Fuck that snowflake. That's just what we call everyone anymore, amirite?
Rich K
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by Rich K »

Silenoz wrote:
Rich K wrote:Maybe they can hit up Maria Cole. The bone-headed morons at the J-School have found a way for her to free up some of her money.
**** that snowflake. That's just what we call everyone anymore, amirite?
In this case the snowflakes are the students at U of M.
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... =1&t=77736
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Rich K wrote:
Silenoz wrote: **** that snowflake. That's just what we call everyone anymore, amirite?
In this case the snowflakes are the students at U of M.
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... =1&t=77736
That was the joke...

He's a snowflake for getting butthurt someone doesn't want to hear his bullshit

The students are snowflakes for giving a shit over who talks about what

The Dean is a snowflake for being afraid of the students

You're a snowflake for reading eGriz like so many Cat obsessives that can't get over the streak

I'm a snowflake for feeling the need to respond to this
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

So many snowflakes in Montana - no wonder Going-to-the-Sun road is always closed.
:thumb:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

dbackjon wrote:So many snowflakes in Montana - no wonder Going-to-the-Sun road is always closed.
:rimshot: