Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Power Rankings 10-9

Post by JALMOND »

Well, maybe the Big Sky conference race is finally coming in to focus. Things are finally happening the way they should and teams are emerging as the top teams in the conference. Less surprises mean a better understanding of where we are heading from here. Also, with NAU's win over a strong Missouri Valley team, maybe we are gaining some clarity as to where the conference is nationally. Here are this week's power rankings (last week in parenthesis). Maybe not as much discussion, but that could change, of course

1. Weber State (1)---Last week bye, this week Southern Utah at home---The Wildcats clawed to the top of the conference and took a well deserved rest last week. Now they venture out as the hunted instead of the hunter, staying at home this week.

2. Northern Arizona (3)---Last week, beat Illinois State (Mo Valley) at home 37-16, this week at Portland State---The Lumberjacks handled a strong Missouri Valley team last week to make up for a home loss earlier in the season against another Missouri Valley team. Back to conference play on the road.

3. Eastern Washington (2)---Last week, won at UC-Davis 41-38, this week Montana State at home---So what if it wasn't really easy. The Eagles came through on the road last week, and came from behind to get a hard earned win. They come home for an equally tough conference game.

4. Montana (4)---Last week, won at Idaho State 39-31, this week North Dakota at home---The Grizzlies are beginning to gel and got a tough road win in the conference last week. Improvement is a big thing and they move back home to face a struggling conference foe.

5. Montana State (5)---Last week, beat Portland State at home 30-22, this week at Eastern Washington---The Bobcats were pretty much in control of the game last week from the start in a wind-blown conference game. They need to be ready this week on the road.

6. Sacramento State (6)---Last week, bye, this week Idaho State at home---The Hornets have been surprising people so far so the bye week may slow them down a bit. If their offense can keep going, they can possibly do some great things. They stay home this week.

7. UC-Davis (7)---Last week, lost to Eastern Washington at home 41-38, this week, bye---The Aggies have been a pleasant surprise so far this year, having come so close to a good win last week. They get a bye to regroup and gain confidence as they come down the stretch.

8. Southern Utah (8)---Last week, beat Cal Poly at home 20-14, this week at Weber State---The Thunderbirds got a tough defensive game last week and got a tough win. Things do get tough this weekend as they hit the road to play their instate brethren.

9. North Dakota (9)---Last week, beat Northern Colorado at home 48-38, this week at Montana---It wasn't easy, but the Hawks finally got their MASH unit a good home win. However, they now hit the road and play a tough conference game on the road with the same MASH unit.

10. Idaho State (10)---Last week, lost to Montana at home 38-31, this week at Sacramento State---Face it, the Bengals are better than recent years, but they still can't seem to break through the top echelon. They hit the road to play an up and comer. Will this bring respect to the Bengals?

11. Northern Colorado (11)---Last week, lost at North Dakota 48-38, this week bye---In what was supposed to be the year to make some noise, the Bears are instead regaled to coming so close. They get a bye this weekend to get ready for the stretch run.

12. Portland State (12)---Last week, lost at Montana State 30-22, this week Northern Arizona at home---The Vikings can't seem to catch a break. Just when they seem to have one thing taken care of, another bad thing pops up. A tough loss last week, a tough opponent coming up.

13. Cal Poly (13)---Last week, lost at Southern Utah 20-14, this week bye---When in doubt, go with defense. The Mustangs seem to be having problems scoring and now they have relied on the defense to keep them in games. Good time for a break to try to get the offense going.

RECAP: 1, 2-5 keeping up, 6-11 off the pace, 12-13 fading fast.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Re: Big Sky Power Rankings 10-9

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

NAU has really come on strong lately, very much do deserve a top 3 ranking.
ewueagle2010

Post by ewueagle2010 »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:NAU has really come on strong lately, very much do deserve a top 3 ranking.
Apparently so much so, they don't get a Top 25 ranking nationally.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

ewueagle2010 wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:NAU has really come on strong lately, very much do deserve a top 3 ranking.

I trust the Coaches poll more than the media poll, there is more bias in the media one.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
ewueagle2010 wrote:

I trust the Coaches poll more than the media poll, there is more bias in the media one.
Is there a single coach that actually votes in the coach's poll?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

I dunno, but it doesn't change my opinion on the two polls. :coffee:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

ewueagle2010 wrote:
They're ranked in both the coaches' poll & the AGS poll. They're also the 14th. FCS team in the Sagarins.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I dunno, but it doesn't change my opinion on the two polls. :coffee:
Poll Rankings:

1). AGS
2). STATS
3). Coaches
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

NAU looked damn impressive last weekend. Good weekly roundup J. :thumb: