UM FANS

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: UM FANS

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

I had a lot of interactions with ISU fans yesterday and today on the way out of town and everyone of them was great. :thumb:

I do find it pretty amusing that Dean flipped the crowd off, he was getting it pretty good from the Griz section. It just means we were doing our job and I take no offense to that at all. :twocents:
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

I was there for the Cal Poly game, glad I stayed home and watched this it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rich K
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by Rich K »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Rich K wrote: Indeed I do.
It does, however, provide a nice excuse to avoid my relatives. ;)
Whatever it takes, bro. We're here to help. :thumb:
Oh! THAT's why UofM hired Stitt, to help MSU! Thanks again :)

Don't take it too far bro, if you guys keep losing enrollment, you're going to have to follow ISU and SacState to Division II.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Sapper wrote:No as ISU is at the bottom of the BSC we loose alot to other BSC teams and there fans are respectful. No need to rub it in. UM fans no class. I think and as we are having the discussion in Pocatello at this time we will push for the bottom group of 8 or so should put it together and leave the BSC.
Could just take the bottom 7, add San Diego.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Sapper wrote:No as ISU is at the bottom of the BSC we loose alot to other BSC teams and there fans are respectful. No need to rub it in. UM fans no class. I think and as we are having the discussion in Pocatello at this time we will push for the bottom group of 8 or so should put it together and leave the BSC.
Could just take the bottom 7, add San Diego.

I know a lot of people in Pocatello and no one I know wants to leave BSC, what they do want is a decent President and In particular a competent athletic director. ISU used to be very competitive here and can be again with the right leadership.

Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Sapper wrote:I just have to say that as a ISU fan and supporter UM FANS are about the most ignorant rude and uncivil as it gets. Act like you have won a game. I don't care who you are if you threaten violence then I don't want you in Pocatello. I go to every ISU game and it is only the UM FANS that act this way. For me it's a game I would love to see ISU win but if not who cares. IF you are going to act this way then don't come to my community. To the little UM FANS that wanted to start A FIGHT and threaten to stab me because they don't know how to act, you prove my point.

With Idaho coming back to the BSC and having 14 teams I think we should just let UM MSU EWU go do your own thing and the 7 or 8 teams that actual put academics first, good sportsmanship and our fans know how to act need to start our own conference.
What a joke. Way to paint hundreds of thousands of people with a broad brush because some guy may or may not of said something to you. Probably because you were starting shit because you're being a sore loser.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Rich K wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Don't take it too far bro, if you guys keep losing enrollment, you're going to have to follow ISU and SacState to Division II.
Hey, your football program is relevant again. Feel free to end the obsession with us anytime now. And by us I mean our football team, our school, and our fans. It was understandable when you were a bottom feeder for 20 years and had nothing else to do, but now it's just creepy.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Rich K wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

You were doing so well before this comment. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Silenoz wrote:
Rich K wrote:

Hey, your football program is relevant again. Feel free to end the obsession with us anytime now. And by us I mean our football team, our school, and our fans. It was understandable when you were a bottom feeder for 20 years and had nothing else to do, but now it's just creepy.
The Cats are relevant? 4-7 last year and all but out of playoff contention this year? :?
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Silenoz wrote: Hey, your football program is relevant again. Feel free to end the obsession with us anytime now. And by us I mean our football team, our school, and our fans. It was understandable when you were a bottom feeder for 20 years and had nothing else to do, but now it's just creepy.
The Cats are relevant? 4-7 last year and all but out of playoff contention this year? :?
It's all relative

I mean they're relevant to their people. Average Joes started caring about the Cats when Denarius showed up and Waded promoted the shit out of the brand
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Silenoz wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: The Cats are relevant? 4-7 last year and all but out of playoff contention this year? :?
It's all relative

I mean they're relevant to their people. Average Joes started caring about the Cats when Denarius showed up and Waded promoted the shit out of the brand
Gotcha. FWIW I don't disagree with the rest of your post. The obsession runs deep. :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Rich K wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Sac State has over 30k enrollment and isn't going anywhere...and you know one of our 2 wins last year was over MSU right? You didn't get that memo? :lol: 8-)
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

What I don't get is a Bungles fan whitewashing ALL Griz fans as blowhards. We have PLENTY of decent UM people here....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Easy now, that was one whiny clown that 99% of Bengals would not agree with.

Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Post by Thundernuts »

Back a "few" years ago when I played at SUU, my dad made the drive from Utah to watch the game in Missoula and was the only one wearing red in his section. The MU fans were great, they bought him a beer and were very welcoming. He had a great time. Ive always though MU had a really great program going and had great fans. The worst fans we ever came across were in the south like at Arkansas and Texas. Must be a lot of in breeding going down there.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Aside from the one UM fan that decided he wanted to make an A$$ clown of himself by trying to pick a fight with every Weber fan he walked past after the 2008 Weber/Griz game in Ogden, the Griz fans I have met in person have all been great people. The worst fans I have come across hail from the University of Wyoming.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:Aside from the one UM fan that decided he wanted to make an A$$ clown of himself by trying to pick a fight with every Weber fan he walked past after the 2008 Weber/Griz game in Ogden, the Griz fans I have met in person have all been great people. The worst fans I have come across hail from the University of Wyoming.
I still fondly recall Weber fans strutting into WaGriz for the playoff game that year like they had already won it. They weren't quite as chipper when they left. :mrgreen:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:Aside from the one UM fan that decided he wanted to make an A$$ clown of himself by trying to pick a fight with every Weber fan he walked past after the 2008 Weber/Griz game in Ogden, the Griz fans I have met in person have all been great people. The worst fans I have come across hail from the University of Wyoming.
I still fondly recall Weber fans strutting into WaGriz for the playoff game that year like they had already won it. They weren't quite as chipper when they left. :mrgreen:

Ugh I still get angry about that game :ohno:
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

Rich K wrote:I think the bad blood between UM and ISU must have started about 2010 when the Griz borrowed ISU's colors and wore them as Halloween costumes in their loss to the Bobcats.
Ah yes...the "Great Pumpkin" uniforms. I attribute these uniforms to the start of UM's descent.
CrunchGriz
Level1
Level1

Post by CrunchGriz »

EWURanger wrote:
Rich K wrote:I think the bad blood between UM and ISU must have started about 2010 when the Griz borrowed ISU's colors and wore them as Halloween costumes in their loss to the Bobcats.
Ah yes...the "Great Pumpkin" uniforms. I attribute these uniforms to the start of UM's descent.
If only it was the uniforms that was the cause--that could have been easily rectified.