Big Sky Predictions - Week 6

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 6

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU 52-35 Davis — All of Davis's games have been decided by at least 3 touchdowns

Montana 45-38 Idaho St. — The Griz have won 11 straight over ISU, their only long streak still intact

Cal Poly 28-38 SuutahNo clue on Southern Utah, but we know the 'Stangs are bad

Portland St. 20-35 Montana St.The Viks looked better with Kraght than Eason; who will start?

NoCo 35-23 NoDak — The Bears looked bad last week, but they'll get enough big plays to win

Illinois St. 27-28 NAUThe Redbirds are 4-0, but haven't played anyone good; is NAU good?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 6

Post by SDHornet »

Same as the BSC's sage:

EWU
UM
SUU
MSU
UNC
NAU
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:Same as the BSC's sage:

EWU
UM
SUU
MSU
UNC
NAU
:?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Same as the BSC's sage:

EWU
UM
SUU
MSU
UNC
NAU
I'm sure he was referring to SuperHornet
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
I'm sure he was referring to SuperHornet
:lol:

Seriously though, he would never choose the crapbirds (or whatever he is calling SUU these days).
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

I escaped September with a terrible 33-13 record so far in these picks. I need to pick up the pace and get a perfect weekend. Here is my attempt this weekend at perfection (hopefully perfect at picking the winners and not the losers).

CP at SUU---The Mustangs have been so close yet can't get wins. The Thunderbirds took last week off after a thrashing by Sacramento State. The Mustangs once again come close and once again...SUU 38, CP 31.

EWU at UCD---The Eagles are soaring finally and ready to take control of the conference. The Aggies are better than people thought and will be ready for this game at their place...EWU 38, UCD 25.

UM at ISU---Both teams had impressive victories last week. The Grizzlies and Bengals have both had crazy games, even with the disparity among the programs in recent years. This time, they may be pretty even...UM 31, ISU 29.

Illinois State at NAU---The Lumberjacks take a break from the Big Sky slate to welcome another team from the Missouri Valley. Just like before, maybe a bit on the down side for the conference...Illinois State 35, NAU 24.

UNC at UND---Everyone is piling on the Hawks and enjoying it. The Bears get their turn this weekend, but sooner or later the Hawks will get mad and put a stop to it. Perhaps this weekend...UND 34, UNC 31.

PSU at MSU---The Vikings really can't seem to get out of their own way and now head in to Bobcat country against a sourly team upset at their loss last week. Bobcats want a statement and they get it...MSU 35, PSU 7.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

This is the year Bengals get the Griz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Jjoey52 wrote:This is the year Bengals get the Griz.

'Fraid it's not. :thumb:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Portland State- 10
Montana State- 31

The Bobcats are a rising team and they will not want to lose two home games in a row.

Northern Colorado- 20
North Dakota- 24

Injuries have plagued the F'n Hawks all year, and now they get what has to be considered one of their easier challenges. Lucky for them UNC has been a terrible road team over the years.

Montana- 31
Idaho State- 30

Game could really go either way, Idaho State is at home and the last time the Griz visited the Dome they were very fortunate, difference now is Idaho State is actually not that bad. Heart Says Idaho State. Head says Griz.

Illinois State- 38
Northern Arizona- 28

Would love to be wrong here, would rather see the BSC get another win over the MVFC but I'm not seeing it.

Cal Poly- 24
Southern Utah- 31

The triple option is hard to defend, luckily for SUU they had two weeks to prepare for it.

Eastern Washington- 28
UC Davis- 31

Yup I'm going for the upset here. Eastern and Davis are #1 and #2 respectfully in total offense. HOWEVER, UC Davis is #4 in total defense while Eastern Washington is........dead last at #13. It also helps that Davis is #1 in pass defense while Eastern is #12 in the same category, which is both team's offensive strength. Can Davis exploit that...I say YES!

Sac State on bye preparing for ISU
Weber State on bye preparing for the Beehive Bowl
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:Portland State- 10
Montana State- 31

The Bobcats are a rising team and they will not want to lose two home games in a row.

Northern Colorado- 20
North Dakota- 24

Injuries have plagued the F'n Hawks all year, and now they get what has to be considered one of their easier challenges. Lucky for them UNC has been a terrible road team over the years.

Montana- 31
Idaho State- 30

Game could really go either way, Idaho State is at home and the last time the Griz visited the Dome they were very fortunate, difference now is Idaho State is actually not that bad. Heart Says Idaho State. Head says Griz.

Illinois State- 38
Northern Arizona- 28

Would love to be wrong here, would rather see the BSC get another win over the MVFC but I'm not seeing it.

Cal Poly- 24
Southern Utah- 31

The triple option is hard to defend, luckily for SUU they had two weeks to prepare for it.

Eastern Washington- 28
UC Davis- 31

Yup I'm going for the upset here. Eastern and Davis are #1 and #2 respectfully in total offense. HOWEVER, UC Davis is #4 in total defense while Eastern Washington is........dead last at #13. It also helps that Davis is #1 in pass defense while Eastern is #12 in the same category, which is both team's offensive strength. Can Davis exploit that...I say YES!

The passing D stat might be misleading based on schedules. SDSU is ranked 75th in passing offense in FBS. Weber State is run first and didn't have to throw with a lead. PSU, SD, and UND are all run first teams. Eastern has faced two elite passing attacks in TTU and Montana and and built early leads against SAC and Fordham requiring them to throw. Plus, FU was without Edmonds.

I'm more worried about our ability to stop the run, especially up the middle.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

kalm wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:Portland State- 10
Montana State- 31

Northern Colorado- 20
North Dakota- 24

Montana- 31
Idaho State- 30

Illinois State- 38
Northern Arizona- 28

Cal Poly- 24
Southern Utah- 31

Eastern Washington- 28
UC Davis- 31

The passing D stat might be misleading based on schedules. SDSU is ranked 75th in passing offense in FBS. Weber State is run first and didn't have to throw with a lead. PSU, SD, and UND are all run first teams. Eastern has faced two elite passing attacks in TTU and Montana and and built early leads against SAC and Fordham requiring them to throw. Plus, FU was without Edmonds.

I'm more worried about our ability to stop the run, especially up the middle.

It'll be interesting to say the least. Eastern has struggled against good passing teams, the key to the game is who is going to make the first defensive stop
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

EWU
ISUo
SUU
MSU
UNC
ISUr
:thumb:
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Jjoey52 wrote:This is the year Bengals get the Griz.

If it is I officially give up
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:Montana- 31
Idaho State- 30

Ah, but that time the Griz were on their 3rd. string quarterback. Now they're on a 2nd. string QB, so it should be an easy victory. ;)
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:Montana- 31
Idaho State- 30

Ah, but that time the Griz were on their 3rd. string quarterback. Now they're on a 2nd. string QB, so it should be an easy victory. ;)

Oh well now that changes everything :D
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

EWU
UM
CP
PSU
Sioux
IL State
Sac wins BYE.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Computer Picks

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU @ UCD
Sagarin: Eagles by 4
Massey: Eagles by 7

UMT @ ISU(o)
Sagarin: Griz by 9
Massey: Griz by 6

CP @ SUU
Sagarin: T-Birds by 8
Massey: T-Birds by 10

PSU @ MSU
Sagarin: Bobcats by 12
Massey: Bobcats by 10

UNC @ UND
Sagarin: F-Hawks by 8
Massey: F-Hawks by 7

ISU(r) @ NAU
Sagarin: Redbirds by 7
Massey: Redbirds by 7
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

What is super awesome is that the motherfucking plutotv dickholes have a shitty site. I am probably the only fucking dick in the world where it works great for 2 minutes then buffers and then goes blank.

Oh, I can click on another channel and it works so I go back to the game for 2 fucking more minutes then black screen.

Fuck all of these internet view/streaming sites. I wish the University would just not be a scumsucking bunch of queers for one motherfucking second and allow the local cable whatever to show the games.

FUCK ME, but more, FUCK THEM
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Working fine for me. Perhaps Montucky needs to get some high speed internet infrastructure constructed for it to work well. Just sayin'.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:Working fine for me. Perhaps Montucky needs to get some high speed internet infrastructure constructed for it to work well. Just sayin'.
The Pluto website worked fine for me, but WatchBigSky/Eversport was having all sorts of issues.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Working fine for me. Perhaps Montucky needs to get some high speed internet infrastructure constructed for it to work well. Just sayin'.
The Pluto website worked fine for me, but WatchBigSky/Eversport was having all sorts of issues.
Well of course it is, what else is new?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Well of course it is, what else is new?
These were new issues. Clicking on a different game hardly ever did anything on WatchBigSky—I was forced to watch the Idaho/NAU volleyball game no matter what I did—and the Eversport website wouldn't even load at all.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Well of course it is, what else is new?
These were new issues. Clicking on a different game hardly ever did anything on WatchBigSky—I was forced to watch the Idaho/NAU volleyball game no matter what I did—and the Eversport website wouldn't even load at all.
I don't waste my time on that site unless I'm watching a replay. Pluto has it going on.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
OH fucking course. You have a problem with watchbigsky, like everyone does, but no one cares....when I do it is because I suck at the internet??? :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand:

I gave up on ever streaming anything from the UofM EVER a few years ago. I will stream any movie/music/whatever and never have a problem but the second I try to do anything for the University of Montana it goes to shit.

Fuck them. They should lose every game ever until...hell....let a 5 year old with a smart phone stream it. It would be better than who they have now.

Who do the Griz play next week? I am for them. by 10 FUCK

Pluto can suck Uranus. Is there room on the SoCon bandwagon? What about that CAA thing?
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

SDHornet wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
I don't waste my time on that site unless I'm watching a replay. Pluto has it going on.
They can go eat my ass.

Justin Halpern