Big Sky Predictions 9-7 thru 9-9 (Week 2)

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Big Sky Predictions 9-7 thru 9-9 (Week 2)

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:21 am

Thursday Sept 7th

Idaho State- 10
Utah State- 45

Idaho State is no Wisconsin

Saturday Sept 9th

North Dakota State- 56
Eastern Washington- 31

Eastern is not doing themselves any favors with this schedule.

Missouri State- 23
North Dakota- 20

Would this be considered an upset?

Cal Poly- 17
Northern Iowa- 31

Cal Poly starts the season 0-3. Luckily their BSC schedule is a lot easier.

Weber State- 17
California- 45

California is a whole new breed of "Dawg" than UM Western

Southern Utah- 31
Stephen F. Austin- 24

Both teams lost by more than 40 points in their first game. My Wildcard game of the week.

Western Illinois- 17
Northern Arizona- 28

The Big Sky's lone win this week over the MVFC

Northern Colorado- 3
Florida- 56

Florida looked pretty bad against Michigan, luckily for them UNC is not Michigan.

Montana- 21
Washington- 58

Game starts out close but Washington is just too big and too fast for even Montana.

South Dakota State- 31
Montana State- 22

Bobcats are gonna need to pass to win this game. Which at this point does not bode well for them.

Incarnate Word- 17
Sacramento State- 30

Is Sac as bad as people think? Or is Incarnate Word that much worse?

San Diego- 21
UC Davis- 24

Aggies first win in the Hawkins era
"People are stupid. Almost anyone will believe almost anything. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-7 thru 9-9 (Week 2)

Postby Grizalltheway » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:45 am

Official spread on UM/UW is 39, and I'll be pretty happy if they can cover that.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:10 pm

I'm going to confidently predict that Montana will NOT have the biggest losing margin this weekend. I think ISU, WSU and UNC all have a chance of losing bigger...
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:29 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:I'm going to confidently predict that Montana will NOT have the biggest losing margin this weekend. I think ISU, WSU and UNC all have a chance of losing bigger...

More than possible.
"People are stupid. Almost anyone will believe almost anything. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Hopefully the Bison will hold the Eagles to a lower score than last season, without having to double and triple cover Kupp.
ImageImageImageImageImage

JALMOND
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Postby JALMOND » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:44 pm

12-2 so far after somehow thinking NAU would beat Arizona last week. This week is much harder with so many games against the Valley. Here it goes.

CP at Northern Iowa---Mustangs still trying to get on board and now they have their first trip outside of California. Change of scenery, but same result---Northern Iowa 38, CP 20.

North Dakota State at EWU---The mighty Bison are coming in to the Eagles' red turf. Still many questions for the Eagles that need to be answered---North Dakota State 35, EWU 28.

ISU at Utah State---Bengals took care of the lower division, now they head just across the border for a tougher opponent on Thursday---Utah State 41, ISU 7.

UM at Washington---Grizzlies looked a bit shaky at home last week. Their reward is facing one of the top 10 teams in FBS. Scary thought---Washington 42, UM 10.

South Dakota State at MSU---A case last week for the Bobcats was either playing against the Pac-12, or not getting any offense going. Or maybe both---South Dakota State 28, MSU 14.

Missouri State at UND---The question is can the Hawks' defense contain what looks like an explosive offense, because they should have no problems scoring---UND 35, Missouri State 31.

Western Illinois at NAU---Luckily, the Lumberjacks are not going up against a Pac-12 defense, so their offense should be able to outscore Western Illinois---NAU 42, Western Illinois 24.

UNC at Florida---Bears take a big jump from the NAIA to the SEC this weekend. Very sizeable jump, and no doubt a very sizeable paycheck---Florida 51, UNC 7.

Incarnate Word at SAC---The Hornet defense did well against a strong FBS offense last week. Can they give their offense a chance in this game?---SAC 21, Incarnate Word 17.

SUU at Stephen F Austin---The Thunderbirds took a major blow to the chin last week. They return to the FCS level on the road, hoping for better results---Stephen F Austin 27, SUU 24.

San Diego at UCD---Aggies bring in the other DI football team from San Diego and it should be an improvement from last week. Hawkins' home opener---UCD 28, San Diego 21.

WSU at California---What was thought to be a great opportunity for the Wildcats may have soured a bit after Cal's win last week. Not that the Wildcats won't keep it close---California 28, WSU 24.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Postby SuperHornet » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:04 pm

UNI 25, CP 24 (OT)
EWU 42, NDSU 38
USU 70, ISU 0
UM 21, UW 17
SDSU 17, MSU 2
SW MO St 42, UND 27
WIU 35, NAU 15
FL 77, UNC 0
Sac 50, Incarnate Word 3
SFA 55, SUU 10
USD 21, UCD 6
BBQ 36, Cal 35 (4OT)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern

Postby kalm » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:20 am

SuperHornet wrote:UNI 25, CP 24 (OT)
EWU 42, NDSU 38
USU 70, ISU 0
UM 21, UW 17
SDSU 17, MSU 2
SW MO St 42, UND 27
WIU 35, NAU 15
FL 77, UNC 0
Sac 50, Incarnate Word 3
SFA 55, SUU 10
USD 21, UCD 6
BBQ 36, Cal 35 (4OT)

UND plays MSU. :ohno:

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Postby Gil Dobie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:59 am

kalm wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:UNI 25, CP 24 (OT)
EWU 42, NDSU 38
USU 70, ISU 0
UM 21, UW 17
SDSU 17, MSU 2
SW MO St 42, UND 27
WIU 35, NAU 15
FL 77, UNC 0
Sac 50, Incarnate Word 3
SFA 55, SUU 10
USD 21, UCD 6
BBQ 36, Cal 35 (4OT)

Think he's doing the old school thingy, they used to be SW Missouri St.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kalm » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:08 am

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:

Think he's doing the old school thingy, they used to be SW Missouri St.

Oops! I was thinking SEMO.

Sorry SH! :oops:

Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am

JALMOND wrote:12-2 so far after somehow thinking NAU would beat Arizona last week. This week is much harder with so many games against the Valley. Here it goes.

CP at Northern Iowa---Mustangs still trying to get on board and now they have their first trip outside of California. Change of scenery, but same result---Northern Iowa 38, CP 20.

North Dakota State at EWU---The mighty Bison are coming in to the Eagles' red turf. Still many questions for the Eagles that need to be answered---North Dakota State 35, EWU 28.

ISU at Utah State---Bengals took care of the lower division, now they head just across the border for a tougher opponent on Thursday---Utah State 41, ISU 7.

UM at Washington---Grizzlies looked a bit shaky at home last week. Their reward is facing one of the top 10 teams in FBS. Scary thought---Washington 42, UM 10.

South Dakota State at MSU---A case last week for the Bobcats was either playing against the Pac-12, or not getting any offense going. Or maybe both---South Dakota State 28, MSU 14.

Missouri State at UND---The question is can the Hawks' defense contain what looks like an explosive offense, because they should have no problems scoring---UND 35, Missouri State 31.

Western Illinois at NAU---Luckily, the Lumberjacks are not going up against a Pac-12 defense, so their offense should be able to outscore Western Illinois---NAU 42, Western Illinois 24.

UNC at Florida---Bears take a big jump from the NAIA to the SEC this weekend. Very sizeable jump, and no doubt a very sizeable paycheck---Florida 51, UNC 7.

Incarnate Word at SAC---The Hornet defense did well against a strong FBS offense last week. Can they give their offense a chance in this game?---SAC 21, Incarnate Word 17.

SUU at Stephen F Austin---The Thunderbirds took a major blow to the chin last week. They return to the FCS level on the road, hoping for better results---Stephen F Austin 27, SUU 24.

San Diego at UCD---Aggies bring in the other DI football team from San Diego and it should be an improvement from last week. Hawkins' home opener---UCD 28, San Diego 21.

WSU at California---What was thought to be a great opportunity for the Wildcats may have soured a bit after Cal's win last week. Not that the Wildcats won't keep it close---California 28, WSU 24.

Based on our recent vs FBS history, I will be tickled purple if Weber can stay within 10 points let alone 4.

Cal is favored by 28 points and I think that will be pretty close to accurate.

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Postby Gil Dobie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:22 pm

EWU vs NDSU

Mvemjsunpx
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Montana

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Thursday

Idaho St. 10-45 Utah St.A bad Big Sky team versus a bad Mountain West team. Who wouldn't watch this?

Saturday

NoDak St. 38-24 EWU — The rest of the Eags aren't good enough to compensate if the passing game falters

Cal Poly 14-27 YunieIf there's one thing you can count on the Panthers to do, it's stop the run

San Diego 28-24 Davis — This one looks a little more interesting than it did a week ago

UIW 21-38 Sac StateThe Hornets aren't very good, but they aren't bottom-of-the-Southland bad

Suutah 34-31 SFA — The T-Birds should be the better team, but you never know what the Texas humidity will do

Weber 28-52 CalWeber dodged Beau Baldwin in 2016; they don't get that luxury this year

Willynois 42-45 NAUThe real Big Sky game of the week

Montana 17-52 UDubWe still don't know how good the Griz are, but that doesn't really matter here

SoDak St. 37-24 Montana St. — The Jackrabbits are a complete team; the Bobcats aren't

NoCo - Florida — Cancelled due to Hurricane Irma

Misery St. 20-37 NoDakThe F-Hawks finally get to avenge 2014's 38-0 drubbing

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Postby Gil Dobie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Postby Gil Dobie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 am

Sounds like the best player on the Bison defense is out for the season with an ACL injury. 2nd year in a row for him, and end of a great career at NDSU. Took this shot of him before the Mississippi Valley St game last weekend.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kalm » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:35 am

Gil Dobie wrote:Sounds like the best player on the Bison defense is out for the season with an ACL injury. 2nd year in a row for him, and end of a great career at NDSU. Took this shot of him before the Mississippi Valley St game last weekend.

That sucks. :thumbdown:

SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Postby SACCAT » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:06 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:EWU vs NDSU

WOW...They sold that many tickets to this game? I mean...that's like....8,000 PEOPLE!!!

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Postby Gil Dobie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:19 pm

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Sounds like the best player on the Bison defense is out for the season with an ACL injury. 2nd year in a row for him, and end of a great career at NDSU. Took this shot of him before the Mississippi Valley St game last weekend.

That sucks. :thumbdown:

Now that things have settled down, might not be an ACL after all, but it's knee related.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kalm » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:39 pm

SACCAT wrote:

WOW...They sold that many tickets to this game? I mean...that's like....8,000 PEOPLE!!!

Get bent! It's AT LEAST 8700!!!

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:57 am

UNI
NDSU
USU
UDub
SDSU
UND
NAU
Florida
Sac State
SFA
USD
Cal

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Postby Grizalltheway » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:20 pm

:lol:

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Postby Gil Dobie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Grizalltheway wrote:

:lol:

15th biggest crowd, THEY said.

Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:I'm going to confidently predict that Montana will NOT have the biggest losing margin this weekend. I think ISU, WSU and UNC all have a chance of losing bigger...

Not looking good for the Griz :coffee:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Not looking good for the Griz :coffee:

Left 10 on the table. Gifted 14. That hurt my prediction.
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

JALMOND
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Postby JALMOND » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 am

JALMOND wrote:12-2 so far after somehow thinking NAU would beat Arizona last week. This week is much harder with so many games against the Valley. Here it goes.

9-2 this week, missing NAU and SUU. 22-4 so far.

Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”