Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 8-31 thru 9-2

Postby JALMOND » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:17 pm

1-1 after last week. More games on tap this week.

EWU at Texas Tech---Eagles tired of taking on the Pac-12 move in to the Big 12. A little bit more muscle there...Texas Tech 35, EWU 20.
Western Oregon at ISU---Really, Bengals may not be as bad as people think but we probably won't know until conference play...ISU 17, Western Oregon 7.
CP at San Jose State---Are the Mustangs not as good as people think or was last week just an abomination? Not good enough here...San Jose State 26, CP 7.
Valparaiso at Montana---Grizzlies will be hoping for the opportunity to rest some starters in this game...UM 38, Valparaiso 7.
MSU at Washington State---Portland State, Eastern Washington. Can the Bobcats continue the trend or has Wazzu finally figured out how to beat the Big Sky?...Washington State 31, MSU 20.
UND at Utah---Hawks shedding the bullseye off their backs with a trip to one of the Pac-12 elite teams...Utah 38, UND 14.
NAU at Arizona---Lumberjacks have the tools to put a scare in to the Pac-12's bottom feeder. A good scare...NAU 35, Arizona 30.
College of Idaho at UNC---Idaho, Idaho State, Boise? No, none of those teams. The Bears must have got confused...UNC 40, College of Idaho 10.
PSU at Oregon State---Last week's performances by both teams have the Vikings thinking they can keep it close, but no cigar...Oregon State 28, PSU 14.
Sac State at Idaho---Note to the Bears, the Hornets know which Idaho team to play. Unfortunately, which Idaho team to lose to...Idaho 38, Sac St 10.
SUU at Oregon---Thunderbirds coming in to face the Ducks. No one is giving them much of a chance and they like it like that...Oregon 28, SUU 14.
UCD at San Diego State---Hawkins debut as coach of the Aggies has them on the road at one of the Mountain West's best...San Diego State 35, UCD 7
Montana-Western at WSU---Wildcats magical season starts off with a visit from the NAIA. Should be an easy win...WSU 31, Montana-Western 7.

Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Re: Big Sky Predictions 8-31 thru 9-2

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:18 am

Can the Eagles overcome their losses? Maybe not this weekend

Eastern Washington- 24
Texas Tech- 40

The Bengals better win this one, their schedule doesn't get any easier.

Western Oregon- 20
Idaho State- 56

San Jose State will not be that good this year, but will be good enough to beat Poly

Cal Poly- 14
San Jose State- 28

The "best" d- line in the Sky gets the job done

Valparaiso- 0
Montana- 31

I do think MSU is on the rise, trouble is it might take another season.

Montana State- 17
Washington State- 31

North Dakota can make this a game. Offense will really need to step up though.

North Dakota- 10
Utah- 24

NAU will give Arizona everything they can handle. Too bad it wont be enough.

Northern Arizona- 28
Arizona- 30

Strangely enough, Northern Colorado is playing the team that Weber State's opponent (UM Western) played and beat last week.

College of Idaho- 3
Northern Colorado- 45

Portland State's defense came to play last week, can the offense show up?

Portland State- 14
Oregon State- 24

Idaho will beat Sac and Vandal fans will thump their chests as they claim to be too good for the Big Sky, despite beating a potential BSC bottom feeder.

Sacramento State- 10
Idaho- 35

Southern Utah should be pretty good this year, they could scare Oregon if Oregon comes out flat

Southern Utah- 21
Oregon- 35

UC Davis made a good choice in their head coach. It just might pay off, but not this week.

UC Davis- 13
San Diego State- 55

Weber State starts their season at home for the first time since 2013 and only the third time in the last 12 seasons, and against a lower division team, their first since 2008.

Montana Western- 10
Weber State- 50
"People are stupid. Almost anyone will believe almost anything. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Mvemjsunpx
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Montana

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 am

Thursday

Sac State 30-52 IdahoA lot of Big Sky teams could/would beat Idaho… Sac isn't one of them

WOU 21-41 Idaho St.Wolves spend the whole game thinking how much nicer their home is than Pocatello

NoDak 17-34 UtahCould this be UND's final loss of the season?

Saturday

EWU 42-55 Texas TechThe Red Raiders make EWU seem like a defense-first team

Portland St. 21-38 Oregon St.I seriously have no idea how good PSU is right now

Cal Poly 21-42 San Jose St.The lack of QB experience may hurt the 'Stangs more than most of us were thinking

Davis 9-48 San Diego St.Aggie fans won't be allowed to forget the Ron Gould era yet

Suutah 24-48 OregonOregon looks more vulnerable than they have in a while, but they won't lose this one

MT Western 13-48 WeberThe last time Weber played a non-DI, they won the conference :?

NAU 34-42 ArizonaThe Wildcat pass defense should've improved just enough to hold off Cookus

Valpo 14-59 MontanaThe Big Sky's only FCS-FCS game this week is arguably its biggest mismatch

Montana St. 13-42 WazzuThe Cougs couldn't tank three straight Big Sky games, could they?

CoI 10-49 NoCoNCAA.com didn't even bother to put this one on their scoreboard

Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Thursday

Sac State 30-52 IdahoA lot of Big Sky teams could/would beat Idaho… Sac isn't one of them

WOU 21-41 Idaho St.Wolves spend the whole game thinking how much nicer their home is than Pocatello

NoDak 17-34 UtahCould this be UND's final loss of the season?

Saturday

EWU 42-55 Texas TechThe Red Raiders make EWU seem like a defense-first team

Portland St. 21-38 Oregon St.I seriously have no idea how good PSU is right now

Cal Poly 21-42 San Jose St.The lack of QB experience may hurt the 'Stangs more than most of us were thinking

Davis 9-48 San Diego St.Aggie fans won't be allowed to forget the Ron Gould era yet

Suutah 24-48 OregonOregon looks more vulnerable than they have in a while, but they won't lose this one

MT Western 13-48 WeberThe last time Weber played a non-DI, they won the conference :?

NAU 34-42 ArizonaThe Wildcat pass defense should've improved just enough to hold off Cookus

Valpo 14-59 MontanaThe Big Sky's only FCS-FCS game this week is arguably its biggest mismatch

Montana St. 13-42 WazzuThe Cougs couldn't tank three straight Big Sky games, could they?

CoI 10-49 NoCoNCAA.com didn't even bother to put this one on their scoreboard

And they started that season off at home against............Montana Western.

Foreshadowing :o
"People are stupid. Almost anyone will believe almost anything. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Mvemjsunpx
Level4
Level4

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:10 pm

Wildcat Ryan wrote:And they started that season off at home against............Montana Western.

No Dixie State on the schedule, though. :coffee:

Also interesting is that Big Sky has zero non-DI games after this week. :o

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Postby Grizalltheway » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:18 pm

I'll be fairly worried if we only put up 31 or 38...in the first half.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:19 pm

JALMOND wrote:1-1 after last week. More games on tap this week.

EWU at Texas Tech---Eagles tired of taking on the Pac-12 move in to the Big 12. A little bit more muscle there...Texas Tech 35, EWU 20.

You got the spread about right...but it's probably gonna be more like 55-40.
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:02 pm

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:And they started that season off at home against............Montana Western.

No Dixie State on the schedule, though. :coffee:

Also interesting is that Big Sky has zero non-DI games after this week. :o

That's a good thing for sure, would rather the entire conference go away from the Non-D1 games, but with so little options out west sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

JALMOND
Level3
Level3

Postby JALMOND » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:

Good point. I was looking at some of the predictions and some may actually be halftime scores. :D

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Hornets lose 28-6. Hornet D was impressive and kept the game close until late (14-6 at half, 21-6 until mid 4th). Hornet O was nonexistent save a decent drive that generated a FG. Idaho was very unimpressive, Hornets picked off their stud QB twice.

JALMOND
Level3
Level3

Postby JALMOND » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:11 am

Just a feeling, but I think, out of Montana State, Northern Arizona, Portland State and Southern Utah, at least one of those teams will win Saturday.

Mvemjsunpx
Level4
Level4

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:39 am

JALMOND wrote:Just a feeling, but I think, out of Montana State, Northern Arizona, Portland State and Southern Utah, at least one of those teams will win Saturday.

I don't think so, but NAU is the most likely.

Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
JALMOND wrote:Just a feeling, but I think, out of Montana State, Northern Arizona, Portland State and Southern Utah, at least one of those teams will win Saturday.

I don't think so, but NAU is the most likely.

I agree, NAU has best shot probably followed by Portland State.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern

Postby kalm » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:51 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:

New QB for tech. New offensive staff for EWU which wants to run. EWU held WSU to 42 last year and I think this defense is better.

Low 40's for both teams if not lower.

JALMOND
Level3
Level3

Postby JALMOND » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:53 pm

Western Oregon at ISU---Really, Bengals may not be as bad as people think but we probably won't know until conference play...ISU 17, Western Oregon 7.
CP at San Jose State---Are the Mustangs not as good as people think or was last week just an abomination? Not good enough here...San Jose State 26, CP 7.
Valparaiso at Montana---Grizzlies will be hoping for the opportunity to rest some starters in this game...UM 38, Valparaiso 7.
MSU at Washington State---Portland State, Eastern Washington. Can the Bobcats continue the trend or has Wazzu finally figured out how to beat the Big Sky?...Washington State 31, MSU 20.
UND at Utah---Hawks shedding the bullseye off their backs with a trip to one of the Pac-12 elite teams...Utah 38, UND 14.
NAU at Arizona---Lumberjacks have the tools to put a scare in to the Pac-12's bottom feeder. A good scare...NAU 35, Arizona 30.
College of Idaho at UNC---Idaho, Idaho State, Boise? No, none of those teams. The Bears must have got confused...UNC 40, College of Idaho 10.
PSU at Oregon State---Last week's performances by both teams have the Vikings thinking they can keep it close, but no cigar...Oregon State 28, PSU 14.
Sac State at Idaho---Note to the Bears, the Hornets know which Idaho team to play. Unfortunately, which Idaho team to lose to...Idaho 38, Sac St 10.
SUU at Oregon---Thunderbirds coming in to face the Ducks. No one is giving them much of a chance and they like it like that...Oregon 28, SUU 14.
UCD at San Diego State---Hawkins debut as coach of the Aggies has them on the road at one of the Mountain West's best...San Diego State 35, UCD 7
Montana-Western at WSU---Wildcats magical season starts off with a visit from the NAIA. Should be an easy win...WSU 31, Montana-Western 7.

12-1, missed the NAU game. 13-2 overall. Best bet is to pick against the conference.

Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:37 pm

13-0 this week.

14-1 total for me

Mvemjsunpx
Level4
Level4

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Wildcat Ryan wrote:13-0 this week.

14-1 total for me

Same.

Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”