BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 27003
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby 89Hen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:18 am

Grizalltheway wrote:
89Hen wrote:Coming from a Big Sky guy... grain of salt. :kisswink:

You really think a single Griz fan is happy that EWU has become the standard-bearer for the conference in recent years? JFC! :rofl: :rofl:

:suspicious: I think you're not following this. Big Sky guy doesn't like the "coat-tail riding" because there are no coattails in the Big Sky. And to be honest, riding one coattail is awfully crowded.

Last 14 years...

CAA - 4 Champions: JMU, Villanova, Richmond, Delaware
MVFC - 1 Champion: NDSU
Big Sky - 1 Champion: EWU
SoCon - 1 Champion: AppSt

There is only one outlier above.
Image

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 33572
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby Grizalltheway » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 am

89Hen wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:You really think a single Griz fan is happy that EWU has become the standard-bearer for the conference in recent years? JFC! :rofl: :rofl:

:suspicious: I think you're not following this. Big Sky guy doesn't like the "coat-tail riding" because there are no coattails in the Big Sky. And to be honest, riding one coattail is awfully crowded.

Last 14 years...

CAA - 4 Champions: JMU, Villanova, Richmond, Delaware
MVFC - 1 Champion: NDSU
Big Sky - 1 Champion: EWU
SoCon - 1 Champion: AppSt

There is only one outlier above.


Oh. Well if EWU wins 5 in a row, I guess I'll succumb to Stockholm Syndrome.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 27003
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby 89Hen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 am

Grizalltheway wrote:
89Hen wrote: :suspicious: I think you're not following this. Big Sky guy doesn't like the "coat-tail riding" because there are no coattails in the Big Sky. And to be honest, riding one coattail is awfully crowded.

Last 14 years...

CAA - 4 Champions: JMU, Villanova, Richmond, Delaware
MVFC - 1 Champion: NDSU
Big Sky - 1 Champion: EWU
SoCon - 1 Champion: AppSt

There is only one outlier above.


Oh. Well if EWU wins 5 in a row, I guess I'll succumb to Stockholm Syndrome.

Little chance of bad refs five years in a row.
Image

User avatar
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2874
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am
I am a fan of: AZ

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby Silenoz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:43 pm

89Hen wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:You really think a single Griz fan is happy that EWU has become the standard-bearer for the conference in recent years? JFC! :rofl: :rofl:

:suspicious: I think you're not following this. Big Sky guy doesn't like the "coat-tail riding" because there are no coattails in the Big Sky. And to be honest, riding one coattail is awfully crowded.

Last 14 years...

CAA - 4 Champions: JMU, Villanova, Richmond, Delaware
MVFC - 1 Champion: NDSU
Big Sky - 1 Champion: EWU
SoCon - 1 Champion: AppSt

There is only one outlier above.

Hey man, you justify that tingly feeling you get when Nova and JMU have success however you need to

I'm connected to and root for two ACC schools, but you don't see me riding UNC, Duke, Clemson, or Florida State's dicks :king:

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 34873
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby kalm » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:20 pm

89Hen wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
Oh. Well if EWU wins 5 in a row, I guess I'll succumb to Stockholm Syndrome.

Little chance of bad refs five years in a row.


:ohno:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 14810
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby SuperHornet » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:12 pm

89Hen wrote:North Dakota State > Eastern Washington
UNI > Cal Poly
South Dakota State > Montana State
Western Illinois > Northern Arizona
Missouri State > North Dakota
South Dakota > North Dakota
UNI > Southern Utah
Illinois State > Northern Arizona


You forget how hard it is to win on the road, 89. I have to give a FEW of these to the Sky.

Eastern Washington > North Dakota State (Close.)
UNI > Cal Poly (I'll allow this one, but I'd consider this one a coin toss.)
South Dakota State > Montana State (Agreed. I don't trust the Kitties in regional contests.)
Western Illinois > Northern Arizona (Agreed. My comments for MSU pertain to NAU as well.)
Missouri State > North Dakota (Agreed. SW MO State will win by a ton.)
North Dakota > South Dakota (The Sioux will win at least ONE of these games, and this is the more likely.)
UNI > Southern Utah (A blowout.)
Illinois State > Northern Arizona (A respectable win for IL State, yet not quite a blowout.)

I'm VERY disappointed that Sac isn't participating in this. IN State at Sac would be a nice matchup....
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 27003
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby 89Hen » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 am

SuperHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote:North Dakota State > Eastern Washington
UNI > Cal Poly
South Dakota State > Montana State
Western Illinois > Northern Arizona
Missouri State > North Dakota
South Dakota > North Dakota
UNI > Southern Utah
Illinois State > Northern Arizona


You forget how hard it is to win on the road, 89. I have to give a FEW of these to the Sky.

Eastern Washington > North Dakota State (Close.)
UNI > Cal Poly (I'll allow this one, but I'd consider this one a coin toss.)
South Dakota State > Montana State (Agreed. I don't trust the Kitties in regional contests.)
Western Illinois > Northern Arizona (Agreed. My comments for MSU pertain to NAU as well.)
Missouri State > North Dakota (Agreed. SW MO State will win by a ton.)
North Dakota > South Dakota (The Sioux will win at least ONE of these games, and this is the more likely.)
UNI > Southern Utah (A blowout.)
Illinois State > Northern Arizona (A respectable win for IL State, yet not quite a blowout.)

I'm VERY disappointed that Sac isn't participating in this. IN State at Sac would be a nice matchup....

:suspicious: :dunce: :tothehand:

89Hen wrote:But let's say for fun...

North Dakota State > Eastern Washington
UNI > Cal Poly...
Image

Mvemjsunpx
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8612
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:04 pm

89Hen wrote:But let's say for fun...

North Dakota State > Eastern Washington
UNI > Cal Poly...


I don't think you understand fun. :?

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17471
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: North Dakota State
Location: South of Gitche Gumee

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:03 am

I heard EWU just released 4000 tickets for the Bison game. If true, there will be a lot of green and gold in the stands.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 27003
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby 89Hen » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:06 am

Gil Dobie wrote:I heard EWU just released 4000 tickets for the Bison game. If true, there will be a lot of green and gold in the stands.

:suspicious: Isn't that more than half their capacity? Strange for one of the best stadium experiences in the country. :lol:
Image

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 34873
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby kalm » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am

Gil Dobie wrote:I heard EWU just released 4000 tickets for the Bison game. If true, there will be a lot of green and gold in the stands.


:roll:

The press release said "due to additional demand we've added seats for the EWU opener". It was already a sellout so this probably means they're bringing in temp bleachers for the south endzone like they do for Montana games.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8661
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby HI54UNI » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:11 am

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:I heard EWU just released 4000 tickets for the Bison game. If true, there will be a lot of green and gold in the stands.


:roll:

The press release said "due to additional demand we've added seats for the EWU opener". It was already a sellout so this probably means they're bringing in temp bleachers for the south endzone like they do for Montana games.



Isn't that hard on the track?
Image

We can have no '50-50' allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.
Theodore Roosevelt

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 34873
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby kalm » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:13 am

HI54UNI wrote:
kalm wrote:
:roll:

The press release said "due to additional demand we've added seats for the EWU opener". It was already a sellout so this probably means they're bringing in temp bleachers for the south endzone like they do for Montana games.



Isn't that hard on the track?


:ohno:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 39971
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby dbackjon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:29 am

HI54UNI wrote:
kalm wrote:
:roll:

The press release said "due to additional demand we've added seats for the EWU opener". It was already a sellout so this probably means they're bringing in temp bleachers for the south endzone like they do for Montana games.



Isn't that hard on the track?



Image

Only when She's on it...
Image
Image

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8661
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby HI54UNI » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:44 am

dbackjon wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

Isn't that hard on the track?



Image

Only when She's on it...


:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
Image

We can have no '50-50' allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.
Theodore Roosevelt

User avatar
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 16669
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:33 pm
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174
Location: Spokanistan

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby Screamin_Eagle174 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:35 pm

clenz wrote:It's not a challenge

It's the conferences taking credit for something the ADs at the schools have done for the last few years, and have scheduled out for years.

Nothing about this is a challenge.


Agreed. :?

User avatar
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2874
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am
I am a fan of: AZ

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby Silenoz » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 pm

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:I heard EWU just released 4000 tickets for the Bison game. If true, there will be a lot of green and gold in the stands.


:roll:

The press release said "due to additional demand we've added seats for the EWU opener". It was already a sellout so this probably means they're bringing in temp bleachers for the south endzone like they do for Montana games.

Congrats Bison. Once you experience the luxury of temporary seating, you wonder how you ever did without it 8-)

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 27003
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby 89Hen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 am

89Hen wrote:I actually love these challenges in college bball, but let me ask you guys. Do you think these game would actually determine which conference has bragging rights? It's impossible to line up 1v1, 2v2, etc.. because that changes so often. So it's not really a great gauge. But let's say for fun...

North Dakota State > Eastern Washington :nod:
UNI > Cal Poly :nod:
South Dakota State > Montana State :nod:
Western Illinois > Northern Arizona :nod:
Missouri State > North Dakota
South Dakota > North Dakota
UNI > Southern Utah
Illinois State > Northern Arizona

but then a Big Sky team beats a MVFC team in Frisco. Who has bragging rights?

Holy crap, I was only doing a hypothetical. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:59 pm
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 am

Not a good start for the Big Sky in this "challenge"
"People are stupid. Almost anyone will believe almost anything. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

User avatar
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2874
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am
I am a fan of: AZ

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby Silenoz » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:18 am

Wildcat Ryan wrote:Not a good start for the Big Sky in this "challenge"

A challenge with the MEAC is more our speed

User avatar
Wildcat Ryan
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:59 pm
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby Wildcat Ryan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:32 am

Silenoz wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:Not a good start for the Big Sky in this "challenge"

A challenge with the MEAC is more our speed



LETS GET THAT SHIZZZ STARTED


:lol: .......... :) ....... :| ......... :? ............. :cry: ........... :oops:
"People are stupid. Almost anyone will believe almost anything. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 14810
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby SuperHornet » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:15 pm

dbackjon wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

Isn't that hard on the track?



Image

Only when She's on it...


Meh. Stacy Dragila rules....
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 13760
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby JohnStOnge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:52 pm

89Hen wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:You really think a single Griz fan is happy that EWU has become the standard-bearer for the conference in recent years? JFC! :rofl: :rofl:

:suspicious: I think you're not following this. Big Sky guy doesn't like the "coat-tail riding" because there are no coattails in the Big Sky. And to be honest, riding one coattail is awfully crowded.

Last 14 years...

CAA - 4 Champions: JMU, Villanova, Richmond, Delaware
MVFC - 1 Champion: NDSU
Big Sky - 1 Champion: EWU
SoCon - 1 Champion: AppSt

There is only one outlier above.


You should at least mention that the only time we had two teams from the same conference play in the national title game it was two teams from the MVC.

Look, I don't think there's any question that the MVC and the CAA have been the top two I-AA/FCS conferences in recent history. But in the most recent history it's been the MVC.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 27003
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby 89Hen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:08 am

JohnStOnge wrote:
89Hen wrote: :suspicious: I think you're not following this. Big Sky guy doesn't like the "coat-tail riding" because there are no coattails in the Big Sky. And to be honest, riding one coattail is awfully crowded.

Last 14 years...

CAA - 4 Champions: JMU, Villanova, Richmond, Delaware
MVFC - 1 Champion: NDSU
Big Sky - 1 Champion: EWU
SoCon - 1 Champion: AppSt

There is only one outlier above.


You should at least mention that the only time we had two teams from the same conference play in the national title game it was two teams from the MVC.

Look, I don't think there's any question that the MVC and the CAA have been the top two I-AA/FCS conferences in recent history. But in the most recent history it's been the MVC.

I don't agree. It's been one team in the MVFC and one team only. Hearkens back to the Big Sky days when nobody besides Montana would ever win a playoff game (and they only won at home).
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3387
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: BSC vs MVFC Challenge

Postby UNI88 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:15 pm

89Hen wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:You really think a single Griz fan is happy that EWU has become the standard-bearer for the conference in recent years? JFC! :rofl: :rofl:

:suspicious: I think you're not following this. Big Sky guy doesn't like the "coat-tail riding" because there are no coattails in the Big Sky. And to be honest, riding one coattail is awfully crowded.

Last 14 years...

CAA - 4 Champions: JMU, Villanova, Richmond, Delaware
MVFC - 1 Champion: NDSU
Big Sky - 1 Champion: EWU
SoCon - 1 Champion: AppSt

There is only one outlier above.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. You've established the criteria that best support your argument and dismiss any other criteria. Did you draw the line at 14 years so you could include Delaware? If you add 3 more years you have to include Western Kentucky, Montana and Georgia Southern and your argument isn't quite as persuasive. Over that same time it looks like the CAA had 6 different schools that played in NC while the MVFC had 4, SoCon 3, Big Sky 2 and Southland 2. No doubt the CAA is a quality conference with a lot of depth but it's not the only top notch conference in FCS.


Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], SoCalAg and 76 guests