Football Championship Subdivision discussions
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Robert Alford!!!!

Post by dal4018 »

Another FCS product straight from Southeast Louisiana has put himself on the map 82 yd pick 6 off Shady Brady!!!!! 21-3 Falcons!!!!
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Robert Alford!!!!

Post by Baldy »

dal4018 wrote:Another FCS product straight from Southeast Louisiana has put himself on the map 82 yd pick 6 off Shady Brady!!!!! 21-3 Falcons!!!!
Rise up and quit. :lol:
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Baldy wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Another FCS product straight from Southeast Louisiana has put himself on the map 82 yd pick 6 off Shady Brady!!!!! 21-3 Falcons!!!!
Rise up and quit. :lol:
The offense ran out of gas at the wrong time and Brady's line began playing better hence a CLEAN POCKET!!!!!!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote:
Baldy wrote: Rise up and quit. :lol:
The offense ran out of gas at the wrong time and Brady's line began playing better hence a CLEAN POCKET!!!!!!
The Falcons defense ran out of gas too.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

dal4018 wrote:
Baldy wrote: Rise up and quit. :lol:
The game got too big for Matt Ryan. He needed to audible into running plays, milk the play clock, and get rid of the ball before a) fumbling and b) getting sacked to the edge of FG position. Luv Kyle Shanahan, but Belichick out coached him at the end - once in FG position at the end the playcalling needed to be run run run FG.
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

I was shocked that Brady would throw a pick that bad. It literally looked like playing Madden and accidentally pressing the wrong button. :?
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
dal4018 wrote: The offense ran out of gas at the wrong time and Brady's line began playing better hence a CLEAN POCKET!!!!!!
The Falcons defense ran out of gas too.
Yes it did and Belichick saw it and pounched immediately.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Rob Iola wrote:
dal4018 wrote: The offense ran out of gas at the wrong time and Brady's line began playing better hence a CLEAN POCKET!!!!!!
The game got too big for Matt Ryan. He needed to audible into running plays, milk the play clock, and get rid of the ball before a) fumbling and b) getting sacked to the edge of FG position. Luv Kyle Shanahan, but Belichick out coached him at the end - once in FG position at the end the playcalling needed to be run run run FG.
The offensive co-ordinator blew it by calling a PASS PLAY instead of using their running game to run out the clock.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:I was shocked that Brady would throw a pick that bad. It literally looked like playing Madden and accidentally pressing the wrong button. :?
His offensive line was playing lousy then they straighten up their act and then SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Rob Iola wrote:
Ryan played well in the loss the RB Freeman missed a blocking assignment and OLB Donta Hightower caught him by surprise.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

The announcers were raving about the speed on Atlanta's defense...and said the DC always chose speed over size.

I turned to Lil' Cluck and said, "That only works when your offense is clicking. If the Patriots can slow down Atlanta's offense, the smaller Atlanta defense will get tired, won't get the pass rush, and Brady will start making plays."

'Lil Cluck went to bed at 28-3. I started watching Lake Placid versus Anaconda. Peeked in between some commercials to see parts of the comeback.

BTW, the NFL OT rule is ridiculous. :rofl:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Cluck U wrote:The announcers were raving about the speed on Atlanta's defense...and said the DC always chose speed over size.

I turned to Lil' Cluck and said, "That only works when your offense is clicking. If the Patriots can slow down Atlanta's offense, the smaller Atlanta defense will get tired, won't get the pass rush, and Brady will start making plays."

'Lil Cluck went to bed at 28-3. I started watching Lake Placid versus Anaconda. Peeked in between some commercials to see parts of the comeback.

I agree both sides should have a right to possess the ball in OT but we don't make the rules on the NFL Competition committee.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Cluck U wrote:The announcers were raving about the speed on Atlanta's defense...and said the DC always chose speed over size.

A speed based defense only works if you have a good substitution pattern.
slulionsfan
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southeastern Louisiana

Post by slulionsfan »

Proud of Lil Rob! He played his guts out and may have been in line for SB MVP had the Falcons held on.

I have to give credit to our former head coach, and current UL-Lafayette DC, Mike Lucas, who told me the summer going into Alford's senior year of high school, that he was the most under recruited player in the state and had the skills to be a high NFL draft pick as a corner. He played WR in HS at 5-10, 150 lbs and had zero offers. But he ran a sub 4.3 and a 40+ inch vertical at our summer camp in addition to showing outstanding man cover skills. Had he played defense in high school, we probably don't get him. Now he's one of the top 10 highest paid corners in the NFL. Fine young man as well. I
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

slulionsfan wrote:Proud of Lil Rob! He played his guts out and may have been in line for SB MVP had the Falcons held on.

I have to give credit to our former head coach, and current UL-Lafayette DC, Mike Lucas, who told me the summer going into Alford's senior year of high school, that he was the most under recruited player in the state and had the skills to be a high NFL draft pick as a corner. He played WR in HS at 5-10, 150 lbs and had zero offers. But he ran a sub 4.3 and a 40+ inch vertical at our summer camp in addition to showing outstanding man cover skills. Had he played defense in high school, we probably don't get him. Now he's one of the top 10 highest paid corners in the NFL. Fine young man as well. I
Yeah he picked off Shady Brady for that 82 yd pick (6) showing off his 4.39 footspeed they have not had a DB this fast since Deion.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

:rofl:

Hard to say any Atlanta DB played well when Brady ate the Falcons DBs for dinner.

466 yards passing. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brady was in complete control in the second half when it really counted. He abused Alford & Co. :nod:

Alford...big flashy show...and then he caved in like a little girl. :lol:

Yup, I guess that is some people's idea of a successful performance. :kisswink:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Atlanta also started 4 rookies on D. Pin this thread because Atlanta will have one of the best defenses in the NFL in a couple of years. :nod:

The Falcons lost because they did what they've done all season. Get out to a big lead and then take their foot off the gas hoping to coast to the end. This time they got got passed at the finish line :nod:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Baldy wrote:The Falcons lost because they did what they've done all season. Get out to a big lead and then take their foot off the gas hoping to coast to the end. This time they got got passed at the finish line :nod:
Seems like they had the opposite problem to me. I mean, they did a shotgun pass on 3rd. & 1 when they were up 16 (that's where Ryan fumbled). They also did a dropback pass inside the 25 when a FG would've pretty much iced the game.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Cluck U wrote::rofl:

Hard to say any Atlanta DB played well when Brady ate the Falcons DBs for dinner.

466 yards passing. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brady was in complete control in the second half when it really counted. He abused Alford & Co. :nod:

Alford...big flashy show...and then he caved in like a little girl. :lol:

Yup, I guess that is some people's idea of a successful performance. :kisswink:
In the first half they played well vs Brady in 2nd half they ran out of gas as you said.They should have substituted their lineman to keep this problem of exhaustion from happening.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Who?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
dal4018
Level5
Level5