Big Sky Loses Fighting Hawks to MVFC

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Big Sky Loses Fighting Hawks to MVFC

Post by clenz »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
clenz wrote: What's the difference in 14 team shenanigans and 13 team shenanigans?
There isn't really one. The odd/even thing only matters for basketball.
Which is why I was confused.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Why weren't they in the MVFC in the 1st place? When the Dakota schools moved up from Div II around a doz years ago I thought it was odd that NDSU, SDSU, and USD all went to the MVFC and ND went to the Big Sky.
NDSU, UNC and SDSU moved first. UNC to the Big Sky, SDSU & NDSU to the Great West then the MVFC. A few years later UND and USD moved up to DI. The UND nickname was an issue, so both UND and USD joined the Big Sky, with USD bailing for the MFVC at the last minute.

The DII NCC conference voted on moving up as a conference. NDSU, SDSU, UNC and I think UNO voted for it, the others said no. There was bad relations at the time of the move. The other members said NDSU & SDSU would fail in the move and would not schedule them. Time appears to have healed the wounds.

Well almost: If you want to lead, go to NDSU, if you want to follow go to UND. ;)

The North Dakotans I know say that if you want to run the farm go to NDSU. If you want to own the farm go to UND.... :D

Seems like a bad move that is not going to increase interest because of the lack of rivalries. Big Sky is more natural for them,
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
NDSU, UNC and SDSU moved first. UNC to the Big Sky, SDSU & NDSU to the Great West then the MVFC. A few years later UND and USD moved up to DI. The UND nickname was an issue, so both UND and USD joined the Big Sky, with USD bailing for the MFVC at the last minute.

The DII NCC conference voted on moving up as a conference. NDSU, SDSU, UNC and I think UNO voted for it, the others said no. There was bad relations at the time of the move. The other members said NDSU & SDSU would fail in the move and would not schedule them. Time appears to have healed the wounds.

Well almost: If you want to lead, go to NDSU, if you want to follow go to UND. ;)

The North Dakotans I know say that if you want to run the farm go to NDSU. If you want to own the farm go to UND.... :D

Seems like a bad move that is not going to increase interest because of the lack of rivalries. Big Sky is more natural for them,
They got it wrong. If you want to lead, go to NDSU, if you want to follow, go to UND.
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Post by Thundernuts »

SuperHornet wrote:Lose?!? THis is more a case of "don't let the door hit you on the way out", and hopefully they take SUU with them....
Seems like you're the only one that feels this way dickhead. You're just tired of the new kid kicking your ass every year.
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Post by Thundernuts »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
What's wrong with SUU? They fit regionally, they have decent facilities, and they're a good travel partner for NAU—a much better one than Sac State was.

The Weber/ISU series isn't the rivalry it used to be (heck even Kramer says it's not a rivalry game) So it's nice to have the Thunderbirds in the Sky and a real meaningful rivalry again.

The Beehive Bowl

:nod: Totally agree, perfect in state rivalry. It's a lot of fun to watch each year, even if my Birds blow the lead in the last 5 minutes.... :ohno:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Thundernuts wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

The Weber/ISU series isn't the rivalry it used to be (heck even Kramer says it's not a rivalry game) So it's nice to have the Thunderbirds in the Sky and a real meaningful rivalry again.

The Beehive Bowl

:nod: Totally agree, perfect in state rivalry. It's a lot of fun to watch each year, even if my Birds blow the lead in the last 5 minutes.... :ohno:

It's games like that that fuel the rivalry fire. Now SUU is gonna be hot going into the game next season in Ogden.

I love rivalry games