YSU
16%

Total votes: 32

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: FCS Championship - JMU vs YSU

Post by 93henfan »

bandl wrote:How come BDK gets all the thanks for not being on the field and contributing at all to the outcome of the game, while I get nothing?!?! I didn't do anything either other than watch it!!!!
Bastards.
Did you watch it outside with your shirt off?

If so: :notworthy:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

bandl wrote:How come BDK gets all the thanks for not being on the field and contributing at all to the outcome of the game, while I get nothing?!?! I didn't do anything either other than watch it!!!!
Bastards.
Congrats to both B and L and BDK!
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

bandl wrote:
Cluck U wrote:
Hey, maybe the Dukes will carve out the trophy and make a bong with it.
Sorta like the Stanley Cup, but instead of lugging the thing around with you all day and drinking out of it/bathing in it, you get to take bong hits on it all day! I'd dig that. :nod:
I'm N INNOVATOR.

I also sometimes miss the A and hit the Caps Lock key while not watching while I type.

As I might have tried to say, I am an innovator. I get ideas like that all the time.

I can sell those ideas at distilleries while the customers are drinking. Good idea, right?
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen wrote:Will be one of the most lopsided NC's in a long time.
It was.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Bastards.
I thought you were a Towson fan.

Sorry.
DirtyDukes
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: James Madison

Post by DirtyDukes »

True story - the shirtless guy looks very similar to me (even though he's got about a hundred more pounds than me, we both have long red beards). Everyone on Earth thought it was me and was blowing up my FB and sending me messages. Guess I need to try to get in better shape this year.
"My advice to you, dear sir, at any impasse - Punch them in the dadgum neck." ~ James Madison
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

DirtyDukes wrote:True story - the shirtless guy looks very similar to me (even though he's got about a hundred more pounds than me, we both have long red beards). Everyone on Earth thought it was me and was blowing up my FB and sending me messages. Guess I need to try to get in better shape this year.
There are a lot of fat gingers running around out there.

There are a few buff ones too:

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

DirtyDukes wrote:True story - the shirtless guy looks very similar to me (even though he's got about a hundred more pounds than me, we both have long red beards). Everyone on Earth thought it was me and was blowing up my FB and sending me messages. Guess I need to try to get in better shape this year.
Time to change your avatar DD.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Cluck U wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
You were claiming SHSU was going to "blow JMU out". JMU 65, SHSU 7. Yeah, the SHSU QB was hurt, but he wasn't worth a fraction of 58 points. But he still played. So if he was healthy maybe JMU would have only beaten Soft Houston State by 30-40 points instead of 58. :rofl: And Keeler winning National Coach of The Year for going undefeated vs a cupcake schedule was a joke. Lucky for him the voting took place before he SHSU was embarrassed vs JMU.

YSU might not have been that good earlier in the season, but JMU was very good Sept-Oct, turned it up a notch Nov-Dec.

And NDSU not being that good? :dunce: While they may not have been as great this season as their previous 5 NC seasons, you don't go 10-1/7-1 out of the MVFC, the top I-AA conference the last at least 4-5 seasons, including beating ranked Iowa, without being very good.

So smoking pot makes one a criminal? :roll:
Uhhhhh...I know you aren't the brightest bulb, but yeah...criminals. Criminals that were allowed to play only because their results had not come back yet.

Hey, we'll never know how that game would have really turned out, will we?

Briscoe couldn't throw the ball, and you had 7 members that did something illegal and should have been suspended.

You know what is interesting, though...the two teams that should get called for PI every play got into the final. It is almost as though the refs had the same idea about what is illegal as you do. :lol:
JMU had one starter, and quasi starter (who started 6 of the 1st 13 games) among the 7 suspended. The rest were 2nd and 3rd string who played little to none outside of blowouts and special teams. Yes, we do know how that game would have really turned out. It still would have been a nationally televised ass raping of the most over rated team I have ever seen, a team who you thought was going to blow JMU off the field. :lol:

Should get called for PI every play.. :roll: you sound like someone who whines about officiating a lot, like Keeler. Whahhh, the JMU DBs were too physical in their man press coverage with my soft receivers, whahhh.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

BDKJMU wrote:
Cluck U wrote:
Uhhhhh...I know you aren't the brightest bulb, but yeah...criminals. Criminals that were allowed to play only because their results had not come back yet.

Hey, we'll never know how that game would have really turned out, will we?

Briscoe couldn't throw the ball, and you had 7 members that did something illegal and should have been suspended.

You know what is interesting, though...the two teams that should get called for PI every play got into the final. It is almost as though the refs had the same idea about what is illegal as you do. :lol:
JMU had one starter, and quasi starter (who started 6 of the 1st 13 games) among the 7 suspended. The rest were 2nd and 3rd string who played little to none outside of blowouts and special teams. Yes, we do know how that game would have really turned out. It still would have been a nationally televised ass raping of the most over rated team I have ever seen, a team who you thought was going to blow JMU off the field. :lol:

Should get called for PI every play.. :roll: you sound like someone who whines about officiating a lot, like Keeler. Whahhh, the JMU DBs were too physical in their man press coverage with my soft receivers, whahhh.
BDK...a liberal, white thug wannabe.

Just ignore the rules, criminal...no problem.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Got this off the JMU board. NC game viewship.
2014: 1.2M
2015: 1.44M
2016: 1.35M
2017: 1.56M
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2016/01 ... mpionship/

Looks like not having the FCS darlings in the game didn't hurt at all..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Pretty wow stats on Frisco's population:
1910 332 —
1920 733 120.8%
1930 618 −15.7%
1940 670 8.4%
1950 736 9.9%
1960 1,184 60.9%
1970 1,845 55.8%
1980 3,420 85.4%
1990 6,138 79.5%
2000 33,714 449.3%
2010 116,989 247.0%
"As of January 1, 2017, the city had an estimated population of 159,920. Frisco was the fastest-growing city in the United States in 2009, and also the fastest-growing city in the nation from 2000 to 2009.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisco,_Texas

That is just out of control insane..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JMU's total viewship:
Quarters: SHSU - 509K viewers
Semis: @ NDSU - 1.065M viewers
NC game vs YSU: 1.562m viewers
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college ... v-ratings/
JMU's total postseason viewership of 3.136 million tops by my count 24 of 40 bowls.
If just going by the NC game tops 8 bowls, 7 of whom were on ESPN, including App/EWU and ODU/E Mich (1.371 million) and App Toldeo (1.483 million)

Kicking arse 3 straight games on national TV sure does help.
"Title gives James Madison immediate and future gains"
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... m=&src=FCS

NDSU has been getting this benefit for 5 straight years now...
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I know Keeler won the other one..
AFCA names Mike MacIntyre, Mike Houston coaches of the year
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /96424108/

Houston. In 6 seasons he has won 5 conference coach of the year awards & 2 national coach of the year awards.
2011 Lenoir Rhyne 7-3/6-1. Tied for 1st SAC (South Atlantic Conference) . SAC Coach of the Year.
2012 Lenoir Rhyne 9-3/6-1. 1st SAC. 1-1 playoffs, 1st time in Div II playoffs since 1980s. SAC Coach of the Year.
2013 Lenoir Rhyne 13-2/7-0. 1st SAC. 4-1 playoffs, lost Div II NC game. SAC Coach of the Year.
2014 Citadel 5-7/3-4.
2015 Citadel: 9-4/6-1. Wins So-Con, upsets S Carolina. 1-1 playoffs, loses round of 16. Citadel 1st time playoffs since 1992. So-Con Coach of the Year.
2016 JMU 14-1. Wins CAA, wins NC, CAA Coach of the Year, wins AFCA National Coach of the Year.
JMU DJ
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Leeeeeeroy Jeeeenkins

Post by JMU DJ »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Congrats b and l
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote::nod:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOVwjWvQcpM[/youtube]
I must admit that one reason I was hoping Youngstown State would spring the upset is that guy is so corny with those pre game rah rah talks. I hate to see somebody that acts like that succeed.

But he succeeded. I don't think it was because he gives corny pre game talks though.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote::nod:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOVwjWvQcpM[/youtube]
I must admit that one reason I was hoping Youngstown State would spring the upset is that guy is so corny with those pre game rah rah talks. I hate to see somebody that acts like that succeed.

But he succeeded. I don't think it was because he gives corny pre game talks though.
Hillary probably had more experience leading a team. :coffee:

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Cluck U wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Hillary probably had more experience leading a team. :coffee:
She got more votes than coach Houston. :coffee:
DirtyDukes
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: James Madison

Post by DirtyDukes »

You guys are terrible judges of character if you think that's corny rah rah. That shit is gold which is why ESPN recorded all of those. He's amazing.
"My advice to you, dear sir, at any impasse - Punch them in the dadgum neck." ~ James Madison
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

DirtyDukes wrote:You guys are terrible judges of character if you think that's corny rah rah. That **** is gold which is why ESPN recorded all of those. He's amazing.
Only 1 person said he was corny, the other 2 are making fun of the guy that said he was corny. :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

"JMU's Houston Gets One-Year Extension, Raise

HARRISONBURG – James Madison University took the first step in securing its championship-winning football coach for the foreseeable future on Thursday.

Coach Mike Houston signed an addendum to his original contract resulting in an additional year and a bump in pay.

His annual base salary was upgraded to $375,000 and the deal runs through the 2021 season.

A year ago, Houston signed a five-year contract at $300,000 per year to run through the 2020 season.

“The big thing is I think is that it shows a commitment by the university and by the athletic department to myself and our program,” Houston said in a phone interview on Thursday. “It also rewards you for the way you’ve come in and done things."

In his first year at Madison, Houston guided the Dukes to an FCS national championship, an outright Colonial Athletic Association title and a program-record 14 wins.

He was named American Football Coaches Association FCS National Coach of the Year and CAA Coach of the Year.

JMU athletic director Jeff Bourne said the school had to be proactive with Houston following the successful season.

“Absolutely,” Bourne said by phone Thursday. “We thoroughly understand that any time a coach achieves at the level he did that there would be opportunities for them. Our goal is to make sure that we’re keeping our coach inline on a national front and in a position where they are competitive at the highest levels at the CAA with their compensation levels.”

Before taking the job at JMU last January, Houston had a two-year stint as coach at The Citadel after a three-year run at Division II Lenoir-Rhyne, where he led the Bears to the 2013 national championship game.

For leading JMU on its run in the 2016 postseason, Houston earned incentive-bonuses netting $87,500.

Houston said his wife, Amanda, and their two young sons are extremely happy in Harrisonburg, which is part of the reason why he wanted to sign the addendum.

“That’s easily half the equation right there,” Houston said. “With the kids the age that mine are, you don’t want to yank them around. We’ve moved three times in the last four years with the move to Lenoir-Rhyne to The Citadael and to The Citadel here, and certainly, I don’t want to keep doing that. You want to establish stability.”

It’s the same stability Bourne said JMU is yearning for after the school had three coaching changes in the last four years.

Houston said he could now tell recruits that he and his staff are secure at JMU.

Bourne said he is working with Houston to get contracts renewed for the nine of the 10 assistant football coaches. Defensive coordinator Bob Trott is the only assistant from the 2016 that was signed for beyond the championship season – his three-year deal runs through the 2018 season.

“We’ve been working on those diligently,” Bourne said. “There are obviously more individuals at stake, but it was important to get Mike’s contract done first, but we hope to bring closure to these very shortly.”.."
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jm ... sion-raise

This makes me more confident that Houston will be at JMU longer than 1 or 2 more seasons... :nod:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Better get to FBS before he does without you.