Post by clenz »

He can stay here. Thanks
htownbearkat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: SHSU

Re: Crap

Post by htownbearkat »

JSO a Hitlery supporter. It all makes sense now.

Jaylen Overstreet, Bearkats 2nd leading rusher in 2015 and Texas transfer was just popped.

Blow your scholly at UT, given 2nd chance at Sam only to blow your chance again. Lets face it, few of these kids transfer without some baggage. All for 2nd chances, but have to cut bait at some point. Ill take another Tim Flanders though :)
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/ ... RKNADO.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

htownbearkat wrote:JSO a Hitlery supporter. It all makes sense now.

Jaylen Overstreet, Bearkats 2nd leading rusher in 2015 and Texas transfer was just popped.

Blow your scholly at UT, given 2nd chance at Sam only to blow your chance again. Lets face it, few of these kids transfer without some baggage. All for 2nd chances, but have to cut bait at some point. Ill take another Tim Flanders though :)
If you only take the ones that have a clean record and are just looking for more playing time, things generally work out.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

93henfan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
It's the same as it is here. It's just that I don't go there anymore. I quit going there years ago when they kept banning people. Like they banned Capn' Cat and D1B. They did not ban me. However, when I saw that there is a FCS community site that provides for more freedom of expression, here, I quit going there and started coming here.

I went there a few times some time back when this site was down for some reason. But as long as this site is available I have no desire to go there. This site provides for more open and honest discussion.
It's waaaaay better over there now. You should go back.
No, it is not better over there now. In fact, I see you just got banned over there for what you said here. Place is a fucking shit hole of stifled speech.

Oh fuck, wait, I have a vested interest in both now. This sort of sucks trying to cripple oneself. What to do.
BisonFan02
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: North Dakota State
A.K.A.: Bisontownmocks

Post by BisonFan02 »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
93henfan wrote:
It's waaaaay better over there now. You should go back.
No, it is not better over there now. In fact, I see you just got banned over there for what you said here. Place is a **** **** hole of stifled speech.

Oh ****, wait, I have a vested interest in both now. This sort of sucks trying to cripple oneself. What to do.
Totally....that place fucking sucks. He should go to eGriz or Bisonville.
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Anyone know JSO's handle over at AGS? Haven't been there for a while, but it would be fun to see if he pulls the same stunts over there.
It's the same as it is here. It's just that I don't go there anymore. I quit going there years ago when they kept banning people. Like they banned Capn' Cat and D1B. They did not ban me. However, when I saw that there is a FCS community site that provides for more freedom of expression, here, I quit going there and started coming here.

I went there a few times some time back when this site was down for some reason. But as long as this site is available I have no desire to go there. This site provides for more open and honest discussion.
A) You're wrong. Dude's a fucking thug.

B) Keep us outta your lame-ass posts, you broke dick Cajun mouth-breather.

:coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

htownbearkat wrote:JSO a Hitlery supporter. It all makes sense now.

At least you still have the Kansas transfer who was your best back last year. Defensive tackles like Golden are very, very rare at the FCS level. That was an upper echelon starting caliber SEC tackle. That is very hard to come across for a FCS school. And it really, really changes everything for the defense.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

A) You're wrong. Dude's a **** thug.

B) Keep us outta your lame-ass posts, you broke dick Cajun mouth-breather.
This board has at least one homosexual moderator yet I can write what I honestly think about homosexuality without being banned.
Could I ever be a star?

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

You've been banned?

Really?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

clenz wrote:You've been banned?

Really?
No. The point is I have NOT been banned regardless of what I say. I feel free to be completely honest here. Not that I wasn't honest on AGS. But I could see that other people were being banned.

There is at least one moderator here who vehemently disagrees with my world view and my world view can be taken as a personal insult to him. Yet nobody has even warned me. This is a free thought place.
Could I ever be a star?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
clenz wrote:You've been banned?

Really?
No. The point is I have NOT been banned regardless of what I say. I feel free to be completely honest here. Not that I wasn't honest on AGS. But I could see that other people were being banned.

There is at least one moderator here who vehemently disagrees with my world view and my world view can be taken as a personal insult to him. Yet nobody has even warned me. This is a free thought place.
Most people here vehemently disagree with your world view...however our acceptance of you is what makes this place great.

Even if you want to overlook criminal activity because the guy's a good player. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Bisonoline
A.K.A.: The Bison

Post by Bisonoline »

JohnStOnge wrote:I think it's possible McNeese defensive tackle Isaiah Golden was the best football player in the Southland Conference last year. Possibly the top future NFL prospect in the league. A 320 pound defensive tackle who started 6 games as a freshman at Texas A&M then got in trouble. I think he was a huge factor in McNeese being 4th in FCS rushing defense (and 1st in rushing defense among playoff participant league teams) last year. I don't think any offensive lineman in the conference could handle him one on one. When teams played McNeese they had to devote multiple people to him and that changed everything.

But it looks like he's gone for next year at the least:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... ery-051316

I can only hope that they give him probation after the 120 days so he can at least play the NEXT year. Maybe it's possible he can play at least in the latter part of this year if he can somehow do what he needs to do academically. But this is disappointing. I knew he had gotten into trouble but I didn't realize it was this serious. This is probably the best defensive lineman McNeese has ever had.
There are no second chances for armed robbery. Dont care how good he is. He doesnt play for my team.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Re: Crap (Redemption? Fingers Crossed)

Post by JohnStOnge »

So I check the McNeese athletic site yesterday and see this big picture of Isaiah Golden with a banner saying he's pre season All Southland Conference first team. I think, "What gives? Surely everybody knows what his situation is." I wonder if it means people expect him to play for at least part of the year. I post a question about that on the McNeese board and somebody references this article:

http://www.americanpress.com/sports/201 ... eason-Team

The key language that made my heart go pitter patter:
Golden will be the cornerstone of the McNeese defense once he gets back from an unconventional summer break. Golden was sentenced to 120 days in jail this May for the robbery charge that led to his dismissal from Texas A&M in 2014.

Originally scheduled to be released in the first week of September, he was transferred from Brazos County Jail to the Texas State Penitentiary in Huntsville. Sources familiar with the situation say that based on behavior, his release could be as early as mid-August from the higher-security facility, allowing him to be back in school at the start of the fall semester.
Boy do I hope it works out that way. Totally different situation for the McNeese defense if he plays. Huge impact player. If he's in McNeese chances of having a defense that is very difficult to run against as it was last year are very good. The other tackle from last year is also very good and also back. They get Golden back in mid August then stay health they'll be extremely good in the middle of the defensive line.

Could I ever be a star?

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Be a fucking joke if he's allowed back on the field.

I don't normally pull for a team to go winless or a player to break his femur, but this is one of those situations
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:So I check the McNeese athletic site yesterday and see this big picture of Isaiah Golden with a banner saying he's pre season All Southland Conference first team. I think, "What gives? Surely everybody knows what his situation is." I wonder if it means people expect him to play for at least part of the year. I post a question about that on the McNeese board and somebody references this article:

Golden will be the cornerstone of the McNeese defense once he gets back from an unconventional summer break. Golden was sentenced to 120 days in jail this May for the robbery charge that led to his dismissal from Texas A&M in 2014.

Originally scheduled to be released in the first week of September, he was transferred from Brazos County Jail to the Texas State Penitentiary in Huntsville. Sources familiar with the situation say that based on behavior, his release could be as early as mid-August from the higher-security facility, allowing him to be back in school at the start of the fall semester.
Boy do I hope it works out that way. Totally different situation for the McNeese defense if he plays. Huge impact player. If he's in McNeese chances of having a defense that is very difficult to run against as it was last year are very good. The other tackle from last year is also very good and also back. They get Golden back in mid August then stay health they'll be extremely good in the middle of the defensive line.

You have lost all your senses.

And principles.

And, i'm guessing, bladder and bowel control.
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

Ibanez wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:So I check the McNeese athletic site yesterday and see this big picture of Isaiah Golden with a banner saying he's pre season All Southland Conference first team. I think, "What gives? Surely everybody knows what his situation is." I wonder if it means people expect him to play for at least part of the year. I post a question about that on the McNeese board and somebody references this article:

And principles.

Is it that hard to believe someone that wants Hillary to be President would be ok with a criminal representing his school?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

catbooster wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

And principles.

Is it that hard to believe someone that wants Hillary to be President would be ok with a criminal representing his school?
I didn't say that. I just reiterated JSOs mental decline.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Now how do you guys know he's not basically a good young man who made a few mistakes because he fell in with the wrong guy (the Texas A&M linebacker he's agreed to testify against)?

http://americansportsnet.com/mcneese-st ... nd-chance/
“He’s the best player that I’ve ever coached, as far as ability, and (that) can go to the next level,” Michel said.

“I’ve had a couple guys go to the next level — they didn’t have the same ability as him. He’s pretty good. I could see why he started at A&M as a freshman, and (Aggies) coach (Kevin) Sumlin said the same thing.”
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Seriously guys. You're sitting there as a coach at McNeese State. You have no idea this guy has gotten married and lives in your metro area. One day he shows up on your doorstep because his wife pushed him to do it asking if he can have a second chance at your school. He's a guy who coming out of high school was rated the 9th best defensive tackle in the country by Scout and the 8th best by Rivals. He started 6 games n the SEC as a freshman. He's 335 pounds and runs a 4.9 forty.

You tell him "not this year." Then he's back the second year after keeping his nose clean in the interim still wanting a second chance at your school. You seriously going to tell me the coaches at your school aren't going to take him? Maybe North Dakota State wouldn't because they don't take many FBS transfers. Hardly any and they do fine without them. But most FCS schools are going to give a guy like that a chance if he just shows up on their doorstep without them going out looking for him.

And note that if he does play this year it means a Texas judge also feels it is reasonable to give him a second chance.
Could I ever be a star?

Bisonoline
A.K.A.: The Bison

Post by Bisonoline »

JohnStOnge wrote:Seriously guys. You're sitting there as a coach at McNeese State. You have no idea this guy has gotten married and lives in your metro area. One day he shows up on your doorstep because his wife pushed him to do it asking if he can have a second chance at your school. He's a guy who coming out of high school was rated the 9th best defensive tackle in the country by Scout and the 8th best by Rivals. He started 6 games n the SEC as a freshman. He's 335 pounds and runs a 4.9 forty.

You tell him "not this year." Then he's back the second year after keeping his nose clean in the interim still wanting a second chance at your school. You seriously going to tell me the coaches at your school aren't going to take him? Maybe North Dakota State wouldn't because they don't take many FBS transfers. Hardly any and they do fine without them. But most FCS schools are going to give a guy like that a chance if he just shows up on their doorstep without them going out looking for him.

And note that if he does play this year it means a Texas judge also feels it is reasonable to give him a second chance.
What are you his campaign manager?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Re: Crap (Redemption!)

Post by JohnStOnge »

Wooo HOOOOO!

http://www.kplctv.com/story/32774260/mc ... -probation

Should be at practice on Friday.

What this means is that McNeese will start a 325 tackle who was good enough to start 6 games at Texas A&M as a freshman alongside a very good 300 pound FCS recruit tackle. They are going to be awfully stout in the middle on defense. Lots of other questions but defensive tackle won't be one of them. I have a hard time believing anybody in FCS is better set at that position; at least when it comes to the two starters. And I think it's a very important position that's hard to fill at the FCS level.
Could I ever be a star?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:If your team had a defensive tackle like this guy is you'd want him to play.
No. And even if I did he would have been kicked off the team immediately.
Thumper 76
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: South Dakota State

Post by Thumper 76 »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:If your team had a defensive tackle like this guy is you'd want him to play.
No. And even if I did he would have been kicked off the team immediately.
Or not allowed on it
Please don't tell Obama what comes after a Trillion.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:Now how do you guys know he's not basically a good young man who made a few mistakes because he fell in with the wrong guy (the Texas A&M linebacker he's agreed to testify against)?

http://americansportsnet.com/mcneese-st ... nd-chance/
“He’s the best player that I’ve ever coached, as far as ability, and (that) can go to the next level,” Michel said.

“I’ve had a couple guys go to the next level — they didn’t have the same ability as him. He’s pretty good. I could see why he started at A&M as a freshman, and (Aggies) coach (Kevin) Sumlin said the same thing.”
Good young men don't typically commit crimes.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Dang he lost 20 to 30 pounds in just three months in prison. In the past I've seen him listed at 325 to 335. Article on him today with McNeese head coach Lance Guidry saying he's down to 305. Stress? Normally I'd expect a big guy like that to gain weight without the activity. Guidry said he wants to put more weight back on him so I guess it's bad. But I dunno.
Could I ever be a star?