- Jacksonville St
- Illinois St
- McNeese St
- Richmond
- UT Chat
- Portland St
- North Dakota St
- South Dakota St

After the crazy day yesterday and all the shake ups, especially in the Big South, is there any chance that a Big South team (CSU or CCU of course), gets seeded? Is it possible for CSU to get an 8 seed even?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: POSSIBLE SEEDING FOR BIG SOUTH?

Post by JohnStOnge »

BigSouthJunkie wrote:Right now, according to NOBOWLS.com, the current seeds are as follows:

- Jacksonville St
- Illinois St
- McNeese St
- Richmond
- UT Chat
- Portland St
- North Dakota St
- South Dakota St

After the crazy day yesterday and all the shake ups, especially in the Big South, is there any chance that a Big South team (CSU or CCU of course), gets seeded? Is it possible for CSU to get an 8 seed even?
I don't know but I don't think there's any way the seeds are going to look anything like THAT.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
bucs90
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern

Post by bucs90 »

BigSouthJunkie wrote:Right now, according to NOBOWLS.com, the current seeds are as follows:

- Jacksonville St
- Illinois St
- McNeese St
- Richmond
- UT Chat
- Portland St
- North Dakota St
- South Dakota St

Depends. If CSU beats Kennesaw and Liberty they finish 9-2 and will be undefeated in FCS (lost to Troy, will lose to Alabama in final game).

Their best wins? Previous #1 Coastal....and surprisingly The Citadel...who is red hot and may win the SoCon. But outside that...not much.

A 9-2 finish, Coastal winning out and The Citadel winning the SoCon may be enough to vault CSU up. Not sure.

But for us....one step at a time. A road game at Kennesaw after an emotionally draining "biggest win in school history" is very very dangerous. Beat KSU...which clinches the Big South. That's all we can worry about this week....else we just might get upset.
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
BigSouthJunkie

Post by BigSouthJunkie »

BUMP
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Possible but right now I think not likely, given the ranking bias.

One thing that would help would be for El Cid to beat Chatty.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
TribePride
Level1
Level1

Post by TribePride »

I expect CSU to win on Saturday, but I have a legitimate question. If they lose to Kennesaw St, who gets the autobid? Kennesaw would have 1 loss, same as CSU and Coastal. Liberty would still have games with CSU and Coastal to go, but I am not sure who Kennesaw has left.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

TribePride wrote:I expect CSU to win on Saturday, but I have a legitimate question. If they lose to Kennesaw St, who gets the autobid? Kennesaw would have 1 loss, same as CSU and Coastal. Liberty would still have games with CSU and Coastal to go, but I am not sure who Kennesaw has left.
Kennesaw still has Coastal also on the 14th. If CSU loses to KSU and LU...CCU is right back in control as they will play KSU and LU. If CSU beats KSU or LU then they knock Coastal out. A loss to KSU and KSU wins out...KSU wins it.

In short...

CSU beats KSU and they get it.... If they were to lose to KSU and beat LU...mathematically KSU could win out and they'd win the league. But...they'd have to beat Coastal. Not likely.
CSU loses to both...it gets tricky and conference comes down to Coastal vs KSU. In that scenario a KSU win seals it for them. A KSU loss would set up a CCU vs LU showdown where LU and CCU could take it (if LU beats CSU the week before).

Just....come on Bucs...beat a 1st year program and win your 2nd conference title ever!
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

CID1990 wrote:Possible but right now I think not likely, given the ranking bias.

One thing that would help would be for El Cid to beat Chatty.
You know what destiny has planned right? Yall are gonna beat VMI and UTC. SoCon champs. We are gonna beat KSU and/or Liberty. Big South champs. Both auto bids. And they're gonna send CSU to The Citadel round 1 just like they did Liberty/James Madison last year!

Don't lie....that shit would be epic. Johnson Hagood would be standing room only. No....it IS GONNA BE sold out!

GO BUCS AND GO BULLDOGS! Let's make it happen!
pantherrob82
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: UNI, Montana, UNH, McNees

Post by pantherrob82 »

A 9-2 CSU is definitely seeded.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Way too much football to be played before we can really think about the seeds.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

pantherrob82 wrote:A 9-2 CSU is definitely seeded.
Definitely is a strong word. 10-3 didn't even get them in the playoffs two years ago and this year they played D2 North Greenville and had two first year programs (ETSU is horrid, KSU is a lot weaker than people are thinking IMO). They would almost be viewed as 6-2.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

89Hen wrote:
pantherrob82 wrote:A 9-2 CSU is definitely seeded.
Definitely is a strong word. 10-3 didn't even get them in the playoffs two years ago and this year they played D2 North Greenville and had two first year programs (ETSU is horrid, KSU is a lot weaker than people are thinking IMO). They would almost be viewed as 6-2.
KSU is more an average or slightly better team, so I doubt they'll be held against CSU. The Bucs also beat The Citadel (convincingly) and Coastal, two quality wins. The only real blemish is getting blown out by crappy Sun Belter Troy.

And why is everyone discounting the possibility of the Bucs going 10-1? ;)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:KSU is more an average or slightly better team
There are some CSU fans that are implying KSU should be ranked. :nod: ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
89Hen wrote: Definitely is a strong word. 10-3 didn't even get them in the playoffs two years ago and this year they played D2 North Greenville and had two first year programs (ETSU is horrid, KSU is a lot weaker than people are thinking IMO). They would almost be viewed as 6-2.
KSU is more an average or slightly better team, so I doubt they'll be held against CSU. The Bucs also beat The Citadel (convincingly) and Coastal, two quality wins. The only real blemish is getting blown out by crappy Sun Belter Troy.

They would need some help at 9-2. Likely 9-2 records:

Big Sky 1-2
MVFC 2-3
OVC 1
CAA 1-2
SoCon 1
Soutland 1-2

Plus, they're SOS is 200.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Their
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:Their
Rec major from a directional school.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
89Hen wrote: Definitely is a strong word. 10-3 didn't even get them in the playoffs two years ago and this year they played D2 North Greenville and had two first year programs (ETSU is horrid, KSU is a lot weaker than people are thinking IMO). They would almost be viewed as 6-2.

Haha that's right...we're gonna retire Saban!!!
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

89Hen wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:KSU is more an average or slightly better team
There are some CSU fans that are implying KSU should be ranked. :nod: ;)
They can make as much of an argument as someone saying a team that is .500 in November should still be ranked.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bucs90 wrote:
89Hen wrote: There are some CSU fans that are implying KSU should be ranked. :nod: ;)
They can make as much of an argument as someone saying a team that is .500 in November should still be ranked.
No, no they can't.
TribePride
Level1
Level1

Post by TribePride »

Can we at least agree that if Charleston Southern wins the Big South that Coastal will not be seeded? No way, the Big South gets 2 seeds and if CSU wins the league and does not get seeded then Coastal shouldn't either. However, the picture will be a little clearer after tomorrow. Most likely the CAA gets one seed, but there are wild scenarios where it could get 2, 3 or none. So, perhaps there are wild scenarios involving the Big South too.

There seem to be so many teams that will end up 7-4, 6-5 or even 6-4(if you discount DII wins) that it is hard to project the at large teams. The MVFC and the Big Sky have so many teams that need to win out to make the field that it is going to be a crazy 3 Saturdays. Illinois St and NDST are surely in for the MVFC(South Dakota St. seems likely too but their last 3 are no gimme), and Portland St and Eastern Washington look safe in the Big Sky, but there are 5 more teams with a shot in the MVFC and 4 more in the Big Sky. I guess Southern Utah is also very likely in as well. Right now, it doesn't seem like the Big Sky and MVFC will take half the at large bids, more like 5 instead of 7. No way the MVFC gets 6 teams this year, although Northern Iowa might get the last bid if they go 6-5.

Hoping for 3 CAA at large bids, but it doesn't look likely right now.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

kalm wrote:
bucs90 wrote:
No, no they can't.
Ok. So how does a .500 team that's lost 3 of last 5 remain ranked in November? They have as weak an argument as a 6-2 team with a shaky schedule
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

TribePride wrote:Can we at least agree that if Charleston Southern wins the Big South that Coastal will not be seeded? No way, the Big South gets 2 seeds and if CSU wins the league and does not get seeded then Coastal shouldn't either. However, the picture will be a little clearer after tomorrow. Most likely the CAA gets one seed, but there are wild scenarios where it could get 2, 3 or none. So, perhaps there are wild scenarios involving the Big South too.

There seem to be so many teams that will end up 7-4, 6-5 or even 6-4(if you discount DII wins) that it is hard to project the at large teams. The MVFC and the Big Sky have so many teams that need to win out to make the field that it is going to be a crazy 3 Saturdays. Illinois St and NDST are surely in for the MVFC(South Dakota St. seems likely too but their last 3 are no gimme), and Portland St and Eastern Washington look safe in the Big Sky, but there are 5 more teams with a shot in the MVFC and 4 more in the Big Sky. I guess Southern Utah is also very likely in as well. Right now, it doesn't seem like the Big Sky and MVFC will take half the at large bids, more like 5 instead of 7. No way the MVFC gets 6 teams this year, although Northern Iowa might get the last bid if they go 6-5.

Hoping for 3 CAA at large bids, but it doesn't look likely right now.
A lot of unusual possibilities in there. Bethune-Cookman's probably in if they and A&T both win out (putting A&T in the Celebration Bowl). A 6-5 Northern Iowa's got a chance too if that happens.

On the other hand, the Colgate upset of Fordham might shrink the bubble since Colgate's in line for the auto-bid now.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bucs90 wrote:
kalm wrote:
No, no they can't.
Ok. So how does a .500 team that's lost 3 of last 5 remain ranked in November? They have as weak an argument as a 6-2 team with a shaky schedule
Yes. If you measure strictly by record. :coffee:
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

kalm wrote:
bucs90 wrote:
Well for me....record is 90% of ranking. 10% schedule.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bucs90 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Well for me....record is 90% of ranking. 10% schedule.
So....Dayton must be in your top 5...

:lol: