Big Sky Predictions - Week 7

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 7

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana St. 31-35 Portland St.Will Barnum tank it now that he has a long-term deal? Nah…

EWU 49-38 Idaho St. — The Bengal offense might be coming around, but not enough to save their sorry D

Sac State 17-31 SuutahIt's still unclear how good the T-Birds are… and this game will tell us nothing

NoDak 14-10 Weber — The Wildcats need to find some sort of passing game to win this

Davis 31-24 NoCo — What needs to be said about this game that hasn't already been said?
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 7

Post by JALMOND »

35-17 for the year, including 2-4 last week. I have to be better this weekend, certainly can't get much worse.

EWU at ISU---The Bengals try to get loud and crazy in their "dome" (aka barn) to distract the Eagles, but in the end there is just too much offense to overcome...EWU 55, ISU 45.

MSU at PSU---Bobcats have a great offense and a shaky defense (but it is getting better). The Vikings have a shaky offense (but it, too, is getting better) and a great defense. Best to take the defense...PSU 27, MSU 20.

UND at WSU---Surprising loss for the Dakotans last week means they need to recover for this game against the Wildcats who bounced back from a loss to get a win at Montana...WSU 24, UND 17.

SAC at SUU---Are the Thunderbirds for real? Maybe not but this game against the hapless Hornets should give them another chance to add to their gaudy tally in the scoring column from the last three games...SUU 38, SAC 10.

UCD at UNC---The Aggies broke through the win column last week, surprising Northern Arizona. The Bears also won the last time they played, against Sacramento State. Who continues on?...UCD 31, UNC 20.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

EWU - Eags should out gun ISU.
PSU - Game of the week. Vikes are hot hot hot.
WSU - Toss up, going with the home team.
SUU - Hornets are starting a true FR at QB (and probably for the rest of the season).
dungpile - Should be a UNC loss.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

EWU
PSU
WSU
SUU
UCD
:thumb:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Montana St. 31-35 Portland St.Will Barnum tank it now that he has a long-term deal? Nah…

EWU 49-38 Idaho St. — The Bengal offense might be coming around, but not enough to save their sorry D

Sac State 17-31 SuutahIt's still unclear how good the T-Birds are… and this game will tell us nothing

NoDak 14-10 Weber — The Wildcats need to find some sort of passing game to win this

Davis 31-24 NoCo — What needs to be said about this game that hasn't already been said?

Never have truer words been spoken…………………we're doomed
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:Montana St. 31-35 Portland St.Will Barnum tank it now that he has a long-term deal? Nah…

Well, maybe NoDak will fall for trick plays as easily as we do. :ohno:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Well, maybe NoDak will fall for trick plays as easily as we do. :ohno:

:lol:

That is the kind of luck Weber will need to win, unfortunately
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I'm gonna say Sac just to be loyal, but won't be surprised if we pull the L out of the jaws of W.

Venus is correct on everything else, save that EWU-ISU will be a blowout in the Eags' favor....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

Portland State 31-30

EWU 45-35

SUU 28-14

Weber State 28-21

UC Davis 28-21
SloStang
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Cal Poly

Post by SloStang »

I predict Cal Poly will not lose this weekend. :D
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SloStang wrote:I predict Cal Poly will not lose this weekend. :D
Thankfully neither will my Griz. :cry:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:35-17 for the year, including 2-4 last week. I have to be better this weekend, certainly can't get much worse.

EWU at ISU---The Bengals try to get loud and crazy in their "dome" (aka barn) to distract the Eagles, but in the end there is just too much offense to overcome...EWU 55, ISU 45.

MSU at PSU---Bobcats have a great offense and a shaky defense (but it is getting better). The Vikings have a shaky offense (but it, too, is getting better) and a great defense. Best to take the defense...PSU 27, MSU 20.

UND at WSU---Surprising loss for the Dakotans last week means they need to recover for this game against the Wildcats who bounced back from a loss to get a win at Montana...WSU 24, UND 17.

SAC at SUU---Are the Thunderbirds for real? Maybe not but this game against the hapless Hornets should give them another chance to add to their gaudy tally in the scoring column from the last three games...SUU 38, SAC 10.

UCD at UNC---The Aggies broke through the win column last week, surprising Northern Arizona. The Bears also won the last time they played, against Sacramento State. Who continues on?...UCD 31, UNC 20.
4-1, missed UCD/UNC. 39-18 so far for the year.
SUUTbird
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Southern Utah
A.K.A.: SUU T-Birds

Post by SUUTbird »

Just realized that after this weeks results that my T-Birds are the #1 team in the conference! Will it last? Hope so but it will be a tall task.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

SUUTbird wrote:Just realized that after this weeks results that my T-Birds are the #1 team in the conference! Will it last? Hope so but it will be a tall task.

Hate to say it.....sort of

But SUU is looking like a prime contender for the Big Sky crown. SUU, Portland State and Eastern so far are looking like the tops of the conference
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SUUTbird wrote:Just realized that after this weeks results that my T-Birds are the #1 team in the conference! Will it last? Hope so but it will be a tall task.
This is actually true. SUU is the highest ranked Big Sky team in the Sagarins.

We'll see how they do when they start playing some of the real contenders in a couple weeks, though.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
This is actually true. SUU is the highest ranked Big Sky team in the Sagarins.

We'll see how they do when they start playing some of the real contenders in a couple weeks, though.
Just .07 ahead of Portland State.
SUUTbird
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Southern Utah
A.K.A.: SUU T-Birds

Post by SUUTbird »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:This is actually true. SUU is the highest ranked Big Sky team in the Sagarins.

For sure, the toughest is part of our schedule is coming up in the last 4 games. We are @ UC Davis next week which should be a win but they are by no means a pushover. After that we have Cal Poly, PSU, MSU and NAU. If we can go 3-2 over the next five games I feel that we will have a shot of getting in the playoffs.
grizband
Level1
Level1

Post by grizband »

SUUTbird wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:This is actually true. SUU is the highest ranked Big Sky team in the Sagarins.

For sure, the toughest is part of our schedule is coming up in the last 4 games. We are @ UC Davis next week which should be a win but they are by no means a pushover. After that we have Cal Poly, PSU, MSU and NAU. If we can go 3-2 over the next five games I feel that we will have a shot of getting in the playoffs.
Did SUU avoid both Montana and Eastern this year? Either way,I think you'll be favored in all of these games, except Portland State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

grizband wrote:
SUUTbird wrote:
Did SUU avoid both Montana and Eastern this year? Either way,I think you'll be favored in all of these games, except Portland State.
Yep. They do have to go to Portland & Bozeman, though.