Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-5

Post by JALMOND »

After the opening game, I sit 0-1. Full slate this weekend and the first weekend is usually the easiest so we'll see what happens. The Big Sky schools are indicated by their scoreboard abbreviation and the non-conference schools are spelled out (example, WSU is Weber State. Washington State will be spelled out and not abbreviated). For Sacramento State, I will used the abbreviation "SAC".

CP at UM---Quite the start for the Mustangs as they head in to Missoula to play the fast acting Grizzlies, fresh off their nationally televised game against North Dakota State. Can the Mustangs contain the Grizzlies?...UM 38, CP 27.

EWU at Oregon---Vernon Adams new team against Vernon Adams old team. Adams is scheduled to play in this highly unusual contest. The Eagles may get now get a glimpse of what it like playing against him...Oregon 41, EWU 20.

Black Hills State at ISU---The Bengals promising season begins and once they get the quarterback position settled, they will be fine. Definitely not the Bengals of old...ISU 45, Black Hills State 7.

Fort Lewis at MSU---The Bobcats season gets underway with a DII at home. This game should be no contest and everyone plays...MSU 48, Fort Lewis 7.

NAU at Stephen F Austin---The Lumberjacks get things rolling with a trip to the Southland. Do they have the horses to come home with a win?...Stephen F Austin 35, NAU 29.

Western State at UNC---The Bears are certainly preparing, mainly for the next season. This could be their best shot for a win so they better not blow it...UNC 25, Western State 17.

UND at Wyoming---The No-Names will need to rely on their defense to keep them in the games. What better test that a move up to the FBS. But, maybe still not good enough...Wyoming 28, UND 10.

PSU at Washington State---The optimistic Vikings play their first game for their interim coach against Washington State and the infamous Air-Raid offense. Any way to slow them down...Washington State 59, PSU 21.

Eastern Oregon at SAC---The Hornets start their season bringing in a game NAIA squad. Should be easy, but the Hornets have not had good luck against the NAIA in recent years...SAC 45, Eastern Oregon 14.

SUU at Utah State---The Thunderbirds are also hoping for a good season and a great showing against the FBS would be a wonderful way to start it. Well, maybe wishful thinking...Utah State 45, SUU 7.

UCD at Nevada---Giving experience to the young players and maybe surprise a few along the way this year seems to be the mantra for the Aggies. No experience in this game...Nevada 45, UCD 14.

WSU at Oregon State---Money game. The Wildcats start the year off playing the Pac-12 and Oregon State's new coach, who may not show too much mercy...Oregon State 49, WSU 10.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-5

Post by Jjoey52 »

All those are about what I figured, it will get more complicated in future weeks
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

And JALMOND can't even bring himself to say "win" against NDSU. :ohno:

:mrgreen:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

If we hold Oregon to 41 I will be happy. If they hold us to 21 I will be surprised.

I think the SUU and and UND games will be closer than predicted.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:And JALMOND can't even bring himself to say "win" against NDSU. :ohno:

Montana fans are the Trump of FCS.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

kalm wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:And JALMOND can't even bring himself to say "win" against NDSU. :ohno:

Did you miss the :mrgreen:, Bernie? :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:
kalm wrote:
Did you miss the :mrgreen:, Bernie? :coffee:
Hey! You guys played a whale of a game!
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

kalm wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Did you miss the :mrgreen:, Bernie? :coffee:
Hey! You guys played a whale of a game!
Go back to Univision!

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Thursday

Davis 17-41 NevadaNothing interesting to see here…

Suutah 14-49 Utah St.Will Cowser & Killebrew's presence actually mean anything for SUU this year?

F-Lew 17-59 Montana St.The Bobcats are back to defend yet another September championship

Friday

Weber 14-38 Oregon St.The Beavs often struggle against the Big Sky, so… no, just no

Saturday

EWU 28-55 OregonA mostly impotent attempt at revenge by the Eags

Portland St. 28-51 WazzuThis game could be competitive if the Viks finally start living up to their talent

EOU 17-37 Sac StateThe Mountaineers are #13 in NAIA, but that came before they lost to College of Idaho

BHSU 14-52 Idaho St.At least the Yellow Jackets get a free trip to Pocatello… wait a minute…

NAU 21-31 SFAThe Battle of the Lumberjacks will go to the humid 90º conditions

Cal Poly 31-48 Montana (NC) — Nobody will shut down the 'Stang offense, but CP has few strengths beyond that

Western St. 13-38 NoCoThe Bears ain't good, but they'd have to play pretty damn bad to lose this one

NoDak 6-27 WyomingUND's defense might give the 'Pokes some problems, but their O still sucks
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JALMOND wrote: Eastern Oregon at SAC---The Hornets start their season bringing in a game NAIA squad. Should be easy, but the Hornets have not had good luck against the NAIA in recent years...SAC 45, Eastern Oregon 14.
:suspicious: Um…aside from that scare against SOU, we’ve cruised against the lower tier opponents. EOU only have 2 players that can hurt us, but their defense looks awful and they will be severely undersized in the trenches. We've got some questions marks, but should still win easily. Non D-1 opponents and scores from the last decade:
Nov. 8, 2005, Azusa Pacific, W, 41-19
Aug. 30, 2008, Humboldt State, W, 45-13
Sept. 13, 2008, Southern Oregon, W, 27-16
Sept. 11, 2010, Western Oregon, W, 31-17
Sept. 14, 2013, Southern Oregon, W, 63-56 (ot)
Sept. 20, 2014, Menlo, W, 59-14

I've got all the home teams this week. I thought CP would have a shot against UM...but not after what I saw from their week 0 game. Unless UM shoots themselves in the foot, I think they win easily.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:After the opening game, I sit 0-1. Full slate this weekend and the first weekend is usually the easiest so we'll see what happens. The Big Sky schools are indicated by their scoreboard abbreviation and the non-conference schools are spelled out (example, WSU is Weber State. Washington State will be spelled out and not abbreviated). For Sacramento State, I will used the abbreviation "SAC".

CP at UM---Quite the start for the Mustangs as they head in to Missoula to play the fast acting Grizzlies, fresh off their nationally televised game against North Dakota State. Can the Mustangs contain the Grizzlies?...UM 38, CP 27.

EWU at Oregon---Vernon Adams new team against Vernon Adams old team. Adams is scheduled to play in this highly unusual contest. The Eagles may get now get a glimpse of what it like playing against him...Oregon 41, EWU 20.

Black Hills State at ISU---The Bengals promising season begins and once they get the quarterback position settled, they will be fine. Definitely not the Bengals of old...ISU 45, Black Hills State 7.

Fort Lewis at MSU---The Bobcats season gets underway with a DII at home. This game should be no contest and everyone plays...MSU 48, Fort Lewis 7.

NAU at Stephen F Austin---The Lumberjacks get things rolling with a trip to the Southland. Do they have the horses to come home with a win?...Stephen F Austin 35, NAU 29.

Western State at UNC---The Bears are certainly preparing, mainly for the next season. This could be their best shot for a win so they better not blow it...UNC 25, Western State 17.

UND at Wyoming---The No-Names will need to rely on their defense to keep them in the games. What better test that a move up to the FBS. But, maybe still not good enough...Wyoming 28, UND 10.

PSU at Washington State---The optimistic Vikings play their first game for their interim coach against Washington State and the infamous Air-Raid offense. Any way to slow them down...Washington State 59, PSU 21.

Eastern Oregon at SAC---The Hornets start their season bringing in a game NAIA squad. Should be easy, but the Hornets have not had good luck against the NAIA in recent years...SAC 45, Eastern Oregon 14.

SUU at Utah State---The Thunderbirds are also hoping for a good season and a great showing against the FBS would be a wonderful way to start it. Well, maybe wishful thinking...Utah State 45, SUU 7.

UCD at Nevada---Giving experience to the young players and maybe surprise a few along the way this year seems to be the mantra for the Aggies. No experience in this game...Nevada 45, UCD 14.

WSU at Oregon State---Money game. The Wildcats start the year off playing the Pac-12 and Oregon State's new coach, who may not show too much mercy...Oregon State 49, WSU 10.
8-4 this week, with the outcome in week 0, 8-5. Not the start I was looking for, but one has to love the play of all the teams this week. Great showing, Big Sky. :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet wrote: I've got all the home teams this week. I thought CP would have a shot against UM...but not after what I saw from their week 0 game. Unless UM shoots themselves in the foot, I think they win easily.
Well so much for that. So was that NDSU game a complete fluke? Didn't CP graduate all their stud LBs from last season? Great win CP. :thumb:

Hornets took care of business against the NAIA team. Rolling to a 41-20 win.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

SDHornet wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I've got all the home teams this week. I thought CP would have a shot against UM...but not after what I saw from their week 0 game. Unless UM shoots themselves in the foot, I think they win easily.
Well so much for that. So was that NDSU game a complete fluke? Didn't CP graduate all their stud LBs from last season? Great win CP. :thumb:

Our QB was not making easy throws this week that he was making last week. I don't know what happened. :ohno:

This game was embarrassing.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Vidav wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Well so much for that. So was that NDSU game a complete fluke? Didn't CP graduate all their stud LBs from last season? Great win CP. :thumb:

Our QB was not making easy throws this week that he was making last week. I don't know what happened. :ohno:

Not as embarrassing as playing an NAIA team and only winning by 21.

Definitely some issues to work out on offense, but the D was pretty solid.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Vidav wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Well so much for that. So was that NDSU game a complete fluke? Didn't CP graduate all their stud LBs from last season? Great win CP. :thumb:

That would explain it. I wish I could watch it, but the BigSkyTV replays aren't up. :thumbdown:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Vidav wrote:

Not as embarrassing as playing an NAIA team and only winning by 21.

Definitely some issues to work out on offense, but the D was pretty solid.
It was 31-0 at half, and 41-6 after 3. They weren't able to score until out 4th and 5th stringers were in. Nice try though.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Bengals pitch a 55-0, granted a D-2 team, but let's get things really rolling next week against PSU.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

Vidav wrote:

Wasn't it raining?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

D1B wrote:
Vidav wrote:

Wasn't it raining?
like a cow pissin' on a flat rock.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

D1B wrote:
Vidav wrote:

Wasn't it raining?
Really only in the second half.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

Vidav wrote:
D1B wrote:
Wasn't it raining?
Really only in the second half.
That'll slow a passing game down considerably.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:
D1B wrote:
Wasn't it raining?
like a cow pissin' on a flat rock.
LIES. It barely sprinkled until the end of the game. TV didn't do the game any justice.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern