Big Sky Power Rankings 8-31

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Power Rankings 8-31

Post by SDHornet »

Thanks for doing this J, we all appreciate it. Looking forward to another year of power rankings. :thumb:
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Japanese girls
A.K.A.: Randy Butternubs

Post by uofmman1122 »

Yeah, looking forward to another year of you purposely pissing off Griz fans. :coffee:

:mrgreen:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

uofmman1122 wrote:Yeah, looking forward to another year of you purposely pissing off Griz fans. :coffee:

:mrgreen:
My pleasure. :D :thumb:
:notworthy:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Please explain a) how MSU benefited the most from VA leaving and b) what you see MSU doing differently on defense that's going to change their outcome this year?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

AZGrizFan wrote:Please explain a) how MSU benefited the most from VA leaving and b) what you see MSU doing differently on defense that's going to change their outcome this year?
My opinion, Adams and Prokop were two of the better quarterbacks last year and had Adams come back, both would have been coming in to the same system with the same coaching staff. With Adams out of the way, Prokop (and MSU) move up to the top spot. Of course he still has to perform.

Until their defense gets up to speed, the Bobcats will use the Mel Sharples approach (the best defense is a good offense), hence the assertion above.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Please explain a) how MSU benefited the most from VA leaving and b) what you see MSU doing differently on defense that's going to change their outcome this year?
My opinion, Adams and Prokop were two of the better quarterbacks last year and had Adams come back, both would have been coming in to the same system with the same coaching staff. With Adams out of the way, Prokop (and MSU) move up to the top spot. Of course he still has to perform.

Until their defense gets up to speed, the Bobcats will use the Mel Sharples approach (the best defense is a good offense), hence the assertion above.
What happens week 2 when they meet? :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Love the power rankings, and ranking the Bengals at 5 to start is understandable, but it is not how you start it is how you end. Bengals will top the Sky at the end, while Griz, Eagles and Cats, will say "what happened?"
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Jjoey52 wrote:Love the power rankings, and ranking the Bengals at 5 to start is understandable, but it is not how you start it is how you end. Bengals will top the Sky at the end, while Griz, Eagles and Cats, will say "what happened?"
Griz wont lose this season. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Jjoey52 wrote:Love the power rankings, and ranking the Bengals at 5 to start is understandable, but it is not how you start it is how you end. Bengals will top the Sky at the end, while Griz, Eagles and Cats, will say "what happened?"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, Joey.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Damn Straight!!! :thumb:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Vidav wrote:
What is the bet? Dollar and a beer? Lunch?
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

grizzaholic wrote:
Vidav wrote:
You have to suck Kramer's dick...oh wait, you've got that on lock down. :coffee:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Grizalltheway wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
You have to suck Kramer's dick...oh wait, you've got that on lock down. :coffee:
Like I said before...the Big Human has got this fooseball game down pat. ISU rolls the BSC....maybe all the way to the chipper. Don't be second guessing him. He knows more than some dummie from Helena. :thumb:

PM me if you will be in town this weekend for the game. I will buy you a white wine spritzer.

Justin Halpern
biobengal
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Bengals... Black Bears

Post by biobengal »

I am not nearly as confident in the Bengals this year as I was going in to the spring. ISU now has two all conference performers on defense down for the year (Manu & Jenkins). QB play not what it needs to be. Too many true or RS freshmen in the two deeps, especially on defense. Tough to scrape out wins against this crew: Cal Poly, UM, MSU, EWU, Boise State, UNLV.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

biobengal wrote:I am not nearly as confident in the Bengals this year as I was going in to the spring. ISU now has two all conference performers on defense down for the year (Manu & Jenkins). QB play not what it needs to be. Too many true or RS freshmen in the two deeps, especially on defense. Tough to scrape out wins against this crew: Cal Poly, UM, MSU, EWU, Boise State, UNLV.
Don't you be doggin' them. I didn't know we lost those guys...but others will step up. :thumb: We got this. People will know the ISU Bengals by the end of this year!

Justin Halpern
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

grizzaholic wrote:
Vidav wrote:
Lunch it is. :thumb:
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

Well...just got back from CATS game....if we play like this against anyone else this year, we will never win a game again in the history of football. I hate to say this (and you have no idea how much, I have puked on my phone 3 times just typing this) but we might not be as good as I thought on offence...WOW this was hard, but I feel better now that I said it....kind of like an alter boy who finally says he was diddled by a priest...except the priest in this case is the CATS.
GoAgs72
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: UC Davis

Post by GoAgs72 »

SACCAT wrote:Well...just got back from CATS game....if we play like this against anyone else this year, we will never win a game again in the history of football. I hate to say this (and you have no idea how much, I have puked on my phone 3 times just typing this) but we might not be as good as I thought on offence...WOW this was hard, but I feel better now that I said it....kind of like an alter boy who finally says he was diddled by a priest...except the priest in this case is the CATS.
Good post but for some reason I think Montana State might win a few games this year.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

GoAgs72 wrote:
SACCAT wrote:Well...just got back from CATS game....if we play like this against anyone else this year, we will never win a game again in the history of football. I hate to say this (and you have no idea how much, I have puked on my phone 3 times just typing this) but we might not be as good as I thought on offence...WOW this was hard, but I feel better now that I said it....kind of like an alter boy who finally says he was diddled by a priest...except the priest in this case is the CATS.
Good post but for some reason I think Montana State might win a few games this year.
We won't if we play like we did tonight.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Was at the Southern Utah-Utah State game, SUU looked very good on defense, they will not finish as low as tenth. Another good Sky team this year.
SUUTbird
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Southern Utah
A.K.A.: SUU T-Birds

Post by SUUTbird »

Jjoey52 wrote:Was at the Southern Utah-Utah State game, SUU looked very good on defense, they will not finish as low as tenth. Another good Sky team this year.
That's good to know, I couldnt make it to the game but from what I was seeing on ESPN we really need to clean up our false start penalties, it looked like we had at least five of them.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Vidav wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
Lunch it is. :thumb:
Quite possibly the best bet I ever made.

Justin Halpern
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

My gosh, these are a mess. Maybe I'll just draw schools out of a hat this week. Some of you probably think I do that anyway. :lol:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

JALMOND wrote:My gosh, these are a mess. Maybe I'll just draw schools out of a hat this week. Some of you probably think I do that anyway. :lol:
Not I. But this week was a shitshow for sure...if Weber could have borrowed a local highschool offense you might have really had a red face.

BTW, I thought the Griz would lose this year again. Gregorak (sp) and the D have problems, like everyone, with your offense....something, something, something....anyways. You are usually spot on. :thumb:

Justin Halpern
free7694
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Northern Colorado

Post by free7694 »

JALMOND wrote:My gosh, these are a mess. Maybe I'll just draw schools out of a hat this week. Some of you probably think I do that anyway. :lol:
Yeah, 13th wasn't low enough for UNC. :(
[Insert signature here.]