Football Championship Subdivision discussions
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

NFL Draft: Big Sky Conference hopes to extend streak

Post by dbackjon »

The Big Sky Conference has had players selected in the NFL Draft every spring for 14 years in a row.

The streak is expected to continue this weekend as the three-day draft extravaganza unfolds in Chicago.

“I’m thinking we could potentially have three and maybe as many as five or six drafted,” said Jon Kasper, assistant commissioner in media relations for the Big Sky. “As you know, it’s always a crapshoot. But based on what I’m seen out there, we’re going to have three to five guys picked.”

The last time the Big Sky did not have a player selected was 2000. In fact, that’s the only time the league was snubbed in the 50-year history of the conference. Last year, Montana linebacker Jordan Tripp of Missoula was among two league players selected.

This time Zack Wagenmann, another Missoula native who starred for the Grizzlies, is expected to be selected.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/ ... /26541023/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:thumb:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Re: NFL Draft: Big Sky Conference hopes to extend streak

Post by Vidav »

Zack just broke his foot in a private workout for a team. Wonder how that will effect his chances.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

No WAY the BSC gets 5 players drafted. I'm gonna bet TWO at most.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Didn't that Villanova player go to the MLB and bitch and moan about swinging a bat???

What a tool.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:No WAY the BSC gets 5 players drafted. I'm gonna bet TWO at most.
If you go by the NFL draft tracker projections you'd say two in rounds 5 through 7 then another three that may go in round 7 but also may be "priority free agents."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:No WAY the BSC gets 5 players drafted. I'm gonna bet TWO at most.
If you go by the NFL draft tracker projections you'd say two in rounds 5 through 7 then another three that may go in round 7 but also may be "priority free agents."
BSC players tend to be drafted LOWER than predicted....I'd say your projection is accurate.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12