Celebration Bowl Officially Announced (HBCU GAME)

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
GAD_SU
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern U.
A.K.A.: GAD

Re: Celebration Bowl Officially Announced (HBCU GAME)

Post by GAD_SU »

putter wrote:so lets pay millions of dollars to 2 conferences that don't really play at the highest level of the FCS to cater to a demographic, yet, ESPN won't even promote the FCS championship game that they are televising. Screwed up
What level you play at doesn't matter if its a game no one wants to see anyway
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

GAD_SU wrote:
putter wrote:so lets pay millions of dollars to 2 conferences that don't really play at the highest level of the FCS to cater to a demographic, yet, ESPN won't even promote the FCS championship game that they are televising. Screwed up
What level you play at doesn't matter if its a game no one wants to see anyway
This is horrible I think the MEAC should retain its AQ status and the loser should play in this game.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Think of the HBCU game as a NASCAR race....lots of slow thinking people of the same color watching something meaningless and generally devoid of talent. :nod:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

dal4018 wrote:
GAD_SU wrote: What level you play at doesn't matter if its a game no one wants to see anyway
This is horrible I think the MEAC should retain its AQ status and the loser should play in this game.
So you are saying that the MEAC winner will still be a loser in the NCAA playoffs, while the winner of the SWAC and the loser of the MEAC could be a winner in the NAACP playoff.

Congrats. :coffee:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Cluck U wrote:
Think of the HBCU game as a NASCAR race....lots of slow thinking people of the same color watching something meaningless and generally devoid of talent. :nod:
:rofl:

Taking down whitey and the brothas simultaneously!

Strong work here Cluck!

:notworthy: :clap:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

2 HBCUs, game played in Atlanta. Either Popeye's or Church's, both headquartered in Atlanta, could sponsor it. Popeye's just started their sponsorship of the Bahamas bowl, but I don't think Church's currently sponsors one.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Cluck U wrote:
dal4018 wrote: This is horrible I think the MEAC should retain its AQ status and the loser should play in this game.
So you are saying that the MEAC winner will still be a loser in the NCAA playoffs, while the winner of the SWAC and the loser of the MEAC could be a winner in the NAACP playoff.

No way
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

dal4018 wrote:
Cluck U wrote:

No way
Yes, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, way. :nod:

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I heard an interesting discussion on the Carlos Brown radio show in Baton Rouge this morning. That's a radio show that focuses on Southern University and SWAC athletics. Brown and some guy from some HBCU blog, who is also a SWAC guy, spent a segment lamenting how MEAC fans are reacting to the MEAC doing this. The question of the day was whether MEAC fans are going to support this Bowl. Apparently there are indications that a lot of them are not happy about this at all.

Otherwise, I think Carlos probably over estimates the financial benefit of this bowl. I think that at this point it's pretty well established that all but a handful of FBS teams in the most prestigious bowl games lose money when they go to bowl games. It is not normally a money making proposition for the schools involved. I don't know why they think a bowl game like this would be any different. I think you pretty much have to anticipate that it's going to be a money losing proposition for the schools involved. Whether it's more of a money losing proposition than participating in the FCS playoffs are probably depends on FCS playoff circumstances. But I think the idea that it's going to be some kind of financial windfall for the schools involved is very questionable.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
GAD_SU
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern U.
A.K.A.: GAD

Post by GAD_SU »

Well you don't have to worry this years game won't be on ESPN...
it will be on ABC :lol:
http://www.swac.org//ViewArticle.dbml?D ... =210139688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GAD_SU wrote:
Well you don't have to worry this years game won't be on ESPN...
it will be on ABC :lol:
http://www.swac.org//ViewArticle.dbml?D ... =210139688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good for you guys
:thumb: