Charleston Southern Buccaneers 2015 Schedule

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
BJuice
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern Univ.

Charleston Southern Buccaneers 2015 Schedule

Post by BJuice »

CSU Announces 2015 Football Schedule
Bucs' head coach Jamey Chadwell, who is 18-7 in his two seasons at CSU, sees an exciting mix of college football's elite as well as local and conference rivals in the Bucs' 2015 slate. "I am excited about the opportunities that we have for our 2015 schedule," Chadwell said Tuesday. "We have our Big South games with two of our biggest rivals being at home. It's also exciting to have the opportunity to play Troy, which has a rich tradition, and obviously Alabama, with their history of national prominence, the numerous championships and the atmosphere of Bryant-Denney Stadium."
For all those who have always had a complaint about CSU scheduling too many lower class schools, you'll find this comforting. We only have 1 Div. 2 school. The rest are legit FCS and FBS. Not even any of the non-scholly FCS schools.

A very solid and impressive schedule awaits!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Charleston Southern Buccaneers 2015 Schedule

Post by SuperHornet »

LIBERTY is your homecoming game? :lmao:

That said, this schedule is worth at least .500. Given the way Chuck South played last year, Troy State might actually be a winnable game (though not a guaranteed win); at least, it's not an auto-loss in my book. There are really only two auto-losses on this entire schedule: CCU and Alabama. I would classify Liberty as a PROBABLE loss for CSU, not an auto-loss. ETSU is perhaps a push game, as is G-W. The rest are pretty much lock wins. This won't be a disaster year, but it could be anywhere from mediocre to spectacular if CSU can get an upset in the probable loss category.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Sept. 3 (Thurs.) North Greenville :ohno:
Sept. 12 at Troy
Sept. 17 (Thurs.) East Tennessee St.
Sept. 26 at The Citadel
Oct. 10 Monmouth*
Oct. 17 at Presbyterian*
Oct. 24 at Gardner-Webb*
Oct. 31 Coastal Carolina*
Nov. 7 at Kennesaw St.*
Nov. 14 Liberty (HC)*
Nov. 21 at Alabama

2FBS games and a D2. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: The best you can hope for is 9-2 but I see that being more like 7-4, maybe even 6-5.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BJuice wrote:CSU Announces 2015 Football Schedule
Bucs' head coach Jamey Chadwell, who is 18-7 in his two seasons at CSU, sees an exciting mix of college football's elite as well as local and conference rivals in the Bucs' 2015 slate. "I am excited about the opportunities that we have for our 2015 schedule," Chadwell said Tuesday. "We have our Big South games with two of our biggest rivals being at home. It's also exciting to have the opportunity to play Troy, which has a rich tradition, and obviously Alabama, with their history of national prominence, the numerous championships and the atmosphere of Bryant-Denney Stadium."
For all those who have always had a complaint about CSU scheduling too many lower class schools, you'll find this comforting. We only have 1 Div. 2 school. The rest are legit FCS and FBS. Not even any of the non-scholly FCS schools.

A very solid and impressive schedule awaits!
I'd be more impressed if there wasn't a D2 school on the schedule. CSU has got to to stop scheduling them.
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

I can't believe Alabama is still dumb enough to schedule FCS teams after last season and the beating teams took for it. Fucking dummies.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
BJuice
Level1
Level1

Post by BJuice »

SuperHornet wrote:LIBERTY is your homecoming game? :lmao:
I would classify Liberty as a PROBABLE loss for CSU, not an auto-loss.
Why is that a problem? We beat Liberty in Lynchburg last year. No big deal.

As a season ticket holder and an alum, I'd rather see a quality opponent and a rival on Homecoming than some kind of cupcake.
Last edited by BJuice on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BJuice
Level1
Level1

Post by BJuice »

SuperHornet wrote:Troy State might actually be a winnable game (though not a guaranteed win); at least, it's not an auto-loss in my book.
The last time we played a Sun Belt Conference team, it worked out pretty well for us. We beat App. St. in Boone. No big deal.

The Sun Belt Conference is a joke of an FBS conference. It is FBS irrelevancy. It is a group of schools that thinks they are too good and too big for FCS, but aren't good enough to truly compete in FBS.
BJuice
Level1
Level1

Post by BJuice »

SuperHornet wrote:There are really only two auto-losses on this entire schedule: CCU and Alabama.
CCU, an "auto-loss?" Not hardly.

Yes, aside from Alabama, they are the next biggest challenge. However, the last time they came to Charleston, we beat them. It is a rivalry game and anything can happen.

The last 2 years. CSU won in Charleston. CCU won in Conway.

An "auto-loss?" No.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BJuice wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:There are really only two auto-losses on this entire schedule: CCU and Alabama.

Yes, aside from Alabama, they are the next biggest challenge. However, the last time they came to Charleston, we beat them. It is a rivalry game and anything can happen.

An "auto-loss?" No.
I think Horney was referring to the quality of student those two have. IOW, watch your car.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BJuice wrote:

An "auto-loss?" No.
It'll be a hell of a game in Ladson this year, but I'm confident CCU won't upset me. :)
Stickman
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Lehigh & Presbyterian
A.K.A.: Stick

Post by Stickman »

SuperHornet wrote:LIBERTY is your homecoming game? :lmao:

The rest are pretty much lock wins.
Must have missed the home loss to PC last season. Hose have their entire defense back for 2015 so guessing this may not be a cupcake game.
Lehigh Engineers a.k.a Mountain Hawks
bucs90
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern

Post by bucs90 »

Nice schedule.

That North Greenville game for those who dont know is a favor in a way to the Southern Baptist Convention which CSU and NGU are both affiliates of. N. Greenville is a lot more gung ho with it. But thats why they play. Whho knows...maybe in a few year NGU will make the jump and join the Big South.

Bama is an obvious loss.

Troy, Coastal and Liberty will be very difficult games. I think we go 1-2 in these games. Not sure who we "upset".

The rest are winnable. We'll trip up on one or two maybe.

7-4 probably. BUT maybe 8-3 and have a shot at the Big South if we get a few breaks
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

bucs90 wrote:Nice schedule.

That North Greenville game for those who dont know is a favor in a way to the Southern Baptist Convention which CSU and NGU are both affiliates of. N. Greenville is a lot more gung ho with it. But thats why they play. Whho knows...maybe in a few year NGU will make the jump and join the Big South.

Bama is an obvious loss.

Troy, Coastal and Liberty will be very difficult games. I think we go 1-2 in these games. Not sure who we "upset".

7-4 probably. BUT maybe 8-3 and have a shot at the Big South if we get a few breaks
CCU will probably be your upset. Liberty is tough.
bucs90
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:
bucs90 wrote:Nice schedule.

Bama is an obvious loss.

We'll see. Is that QB back this year? If so...yall will be tough to beat again as usual.

I forgot to mention The Citadel. I'll hold off til August on that haha.
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

bucs90 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
We'll see. Is that QB back this year? If so...yall will be tough to beat again as usual.

I forgot to mention The Citadel. I'll hold off til August on that haha.
Ross is returning but he's a senior now.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

You guys taking SuperHornet seriously, WTF? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."