Sapper
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Idaho State University

Re: Idaho State 2015 schedule

Post by Sapper »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Sapper wrote:
YES! Why is it all the UM and MSU fans only think that the Montana schools can get better, recruit and improve. I am not the only one. Look at the FCS preseason ISU is 16 Montana did not even make the list so other people must be seeing the same thing I am. ISU has a stacked offense and has worked on the D. MSU, EWU and UM have to come play in Pocatello this year and ISU is out for blood. ISU lost to EWU and MSU on the road by a combined 8 points. Montana lost by 20 to a good Cal Poly team that ISU beat. It will be a point to win and win big.
And we also have a largely new coaching staff next season. Obviously that doesn't guarantee that we'll be more successful, but basing our entire outlook for next year on that one game is rather silly. :coffee:
Hold on!!! ON this thread it has been stated the reason that ISU will not do good and lose this year is because we are losing the OC and our starting QB. Montana got a new coach and staff lost there starting QB I believe and is expected to do better....... I don't see the logic in this argument.
BEAT WEBER!!!

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Sapper wrote:
SACCAT wrote:So let me get this strait, ISU has a couple good years, and all of the sudden you think you can beat the griz by 21? Who do you think you are...The Bobcats? You should start a thread that says...Oh I don't know...Dominance in the Big Sky is over.
YES! Why is it all the UM and MSU fans only think that the Montana schools can get better, recruit and improve. I am not the only one. Look at the FCS preseason ISU is 16 Montana did not even make the list so other people must be seeing the same thing I am. ISU has a stacked offense and has worked on the D. MSU, EWU and UM have to come play in Pocatello this year and ISU is out for blood. ISU lost to EWU and MSU on the road by a combined 8 points. Montana lost by 20 to a good Cal Poly team that ISU beat. It will be a point to win and win big.
And you lost to a shitty bobcat team that we beat 35-7. You are going to drive yourself crazy (short trip, obviously) if you start trying to apply the transitive property to games/seasons.

I'll take the 21 point gift, btw, on the bet. :nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Sapper wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
And we also have a largely new coaching staff next season. Obviously that doesn't guarantee that we'll be more successful, but basing our entire outlook for next year on that one game is rather silly. :coffee:
Hold on!!! ON this thread it has been stated the reason that ISU will not do good and lose this year is because we are losing the OC and our starting QB. Montana got a new coach and staff lost there starting QB I believe and is expected to do better....... I don't see the logic in this argument.
That's obvious. We're Montana. You're not. :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

Grizalltheway wrote:And there's the other end of the idiot spectrum.
:lol:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

This entire thread:

Sapper is drunk off a non-losing season. Excellent entertainment. :clap:
Sapper
Level1
Level1

Post by Sapper »

ISU just signed Michael Sanders a JC QB. His states from last year 3535yrds 35tds to 8ints and was not sacked. I don't think the QB will be a problem this year. As I stated with VA gone from EWU, the only team that has a chance to slow ISU down this year is CAL POLY. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: [/quote]
BEAT WEBER!!!

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Sapper wrote:ISU just signed Michael Sanders a JC QB. His states from last year 3535yrds 35tds to 8ints and was not sacked. I don't think the QB will be a problem this year. As I stated with VA gone from EWU, the only team that has a chance to slow ISU down this year is CAL POLY. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
If you're counting on Artichokes to save your season, you're fucked before you start. :coffee: :coffee:
Kadeezy
I am a fan of: Sacramento State

Post by Kadeezy »

Brock Landers wrote:
Oct. 17: vs. Eastern Washington W
Oct. 24: at Sacramento State W
Oct. 31: BYE
Nov. 7: vs. Montana W
Nov. 14: vs. Montana State W
Alrighty
lol.... 1-3 at best!
SloStang
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Cal Poly

Post by SloStang »

Kadeezy wrote:
Brock Landers wrote:
Alrighty
lol.... 1-3 at best!
I do not think you are giving them enough credit. Offensively they are tough. They return the top RB and a very good/great group of WRs. If they get good play at the QB position they will be hard to stop. Defensively they have some work to do, but most Big Sky teams do.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SloStang wrote:
Kadeezy wrote:
lol.... 1-3 at best!
I do not think you are giving them enough credit. Offensively they are tough. They return the top RB and a very good/great group of WRs. If they get good play at the QB position they will be hard to stop. Defensively they have some work to do, but most Big Sky teams do.
:nod:
Bertram

Post by Bertram »

Boise Sate game moved from Sat Sept 19 to Friday to Sept. 18
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Sapper wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
That much is obvious. Here's the obvious thing you're missing, Sapper. Over the last decade, Montana has changed head coaches something like three times. Each time, they have continued to do well. Outside of last year's fluke, ISU has endured the same mediocrity. There is no evidence to show that ISU has really ended anything. It'll take at least another year or two to show that. I don't think it's going to happen.

Comparing ISU to Montana is like comparing apples and oranges. It's not going to work....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Sapper
Level1
Level1

Post by Sapper »

SuperHornet wrote:
Sapper wrote:
That much is obvious. Here's the obvious thing you're missing, Sapper. Over the last decade, Montana has changed head coaches something like three times. Each time, they have continued to do well. Outside of last year's fluke, ISU has endured the same mediocrity. There is no evidence to show that ISU has really ended anything. It'll take at least another year or two to show that. I don't think it's going to happen.

Comparing ISU to Montana is like comparing apples and oranges. It's not going to work....
Well lets just wait to see how bad of a beating ISU gives Suck State. 20 points last year maybe 35+ this year.....
On a better note ISU has a new OC.

http://Www.isubengals.com
BEAT WEBER!!!

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Talk about a non-sequitur. To become a top-notch team in this league, you have to beat the Montanas and Eastern Washington. How does beating a .500 team plus or minus two games contribute to that?

:roll:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SloStang
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Cal Poly

Post by SloStang »

SuperHornet wrote:Talk about a non-sequitur. To become a top-notch team in this league, you have to beat the Montanas and Eastern Washington. How does beating a .500 team plus or minus two games contribute to that?

:roll:
Because the coach now at ISU has won as a coach at both EWU and MSU. This is not the same old same old at Idaho State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Sapper wrote:ISU just signed Michael Sanders a JC QB. His states from last year 3535yrds 35tds to 8ints and was not sacked. I don't think the QB will be a problem this year. As I stated with VA gone from EWU, the only team that has a chance to slow ISU down this year is CAL POLY. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
[/quote]
putter
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by putter »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sapper wrote:
And you lost to a shitty bobcat team that we beat 35-7. You are going to drive yourself crazy (short trip, obviously) if you start trying to apply the transitive property to games/seasons.

For me, AZ is right on. ISU was playing very good ball last year and I believed they were going to go into Bozeman and have their way with the Cats. Didn't happen so that led me to believe that ISU was much improved but not at the level I anticipated they were at up until the Cat game. I personally see 4 losses next year with the wildcard being EWU with Adams gone
‎"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Hugh White, 1801
Brock Landers
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Things

Post by Brock Landers »

This needs some bumpage :rofl:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

putter wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

For me, AZ is right on. ISU was playing very good ball last year and I believed they were going to go into Bozeman and have their way with the Cats. Didn't happen so that led me to believe that ISU was much improved but not at the level I anticipated they were at up until the Cat game. I personally see 4 losses next year with the wildcard being EWU with Adams gone
You meant 4 losses before Columbus Day, right? :lol:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Idalol State
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Well....the Bengals didn't have to worry about their home winning streak for very long. :lol:
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

The irony in this thread is that EWU may have actually upgraded at QB. So much stock put into VA being gone. :roll:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I blame Grizza.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Whoever brought this thread back ......this is just wrong.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWURanger wrote:The irony in this thread is that EWU may have actually upgraded at QB. So much stock put into VA being gone. :roll:
West has been good, but he doesn't have Adams's talent (especially in terms of mobility).