Rumor Central - Griz New Coach

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
VictorG
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Rumor Central - Griz New Coach

Post by VictorG »

Loudest rumor and all others seem to be dying down is Bob Stitt from Colorado School of Mines.

Still just a rumor but I'm in Missoula right now and if I stick my head out the window I swear I can hear "Stitt, Stitt" being chanted somewhere....or that could just be Titleist.....
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Rumor Central - Griz New Coach

Post by kalm »

SH will be pleased .
Bronco
Level3
Level3

Post by Bronco »

Terrible name
Should change it to Washington
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. Al Swearengen
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/childr ... bronco.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Japanese girls
A.K.A.: Randy Butternubs

Post by uofmman1122 »

eGriz is turning this hiring process into a complete shitshow. :lol:

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

uofmman1122 wrote:eGriz is turning this hiring process into a complete shitshow. :lol:

You mean the "Kent Haslam should be ashamed because all the random rumors on eGriz are confusing" motif? :? :lol:

It sounds more & more like Stitt is it. There are rumors that Haslam is waiting for Pease's last interview to make it official. Of course, there's one guy on twitter (apparently the former UDub beat writer) that's going back & forth with Kyle Sample (Helena IR) claiming that Pease isn't interviewing & is in Seattle right now. There are also rumors that Haslam & Pease really don't like each other. Of course, from what I've heard about Pease, that doesn't exactly make Haslam unique.

I also heard rumors that Bobby Hauck kept a closet full of disembodied heads in his office during his last year as Griz coach. :coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

If I were going to go after a D-II coach right now I'd go after the guy at West Georgia. I didn't even know he was there until I started watching the D-II semifinal on ESPN3. But it's the guy who made West Alabama into a very dangerous team when it never was before and for some reason they parted ways. Now he's at West Georgia...which also never did anything before he coached there...and they're in the D-II semis and leading Colorado State Pueblo (the D-II team that pistol whipped Sam Houston State) at halftime.

That guy obviously has something. That's who I'd be looking at.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
uofmman1122 wrote:eGriz is turning this hiring process into a complete shitshow. :lol:

You mean the "Kent Haslam should be ashamed because all the random rumors on eGriz are confusing" motif? :? :lol:

It sounds more & more like Stitt is it. There are rumors that Haslam is waiting for Pease's last interview to make it official. Of course, there's one guy on twitter (apparently the former UDub beat writer) that's going back & forth with Kyle Sample (Helena IR) claiming that Pease isn't interviewing & is in Seattle right now. There are also rumors that Haslam & Pease really don't like each other. Of course, from what I've heard about Pease, that doesn't exactly make Haslam unique.

I also heard rumors that Bobby Hauck kept a closet full of disembodied heads in his office during his last year as Griz coach. :coffee:
So, what you are saying, is Give Pease a Chance? :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist :D )
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

So, what you are saying, is Give Pease a Chance? :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist :D )
:thumb:

Seriously, though, Pease is probably the worst of the plausible candidates.
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

What DOESN'T eGriz turn into a complete shit show?
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
GrizFan5
Level1
Level1

Post by GrizFan5 »

It isn't just Egriz. Fox Sports and Football Scoop both reported the hiring late Friday too.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

GrizFan5 wrote:

It isn't just Egriz. Fox Sports and Football Scoop both reported the hiring late Friday too.
Haslam denied it though, right?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Why would UM hiring the CSM head coach make me happy? I wanted CSM ITSELF in the Big Sky for travel balance, not somebody hiring their coach....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GrizFan5
Level1
Level1

Post by GrizFan5 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GrizFan5 wrote:
Haslam denied it though, right?
Correct. I wonder what sources Fox Sports and Football Scoop used. Had to be more than egriz.