Level1
I am a fan of: Lehigh & Presbyterian
A.K.A.: Stick

Big South Week 9 Predictions

Post by Stickman »

Monmouth @ Presbyterian
Gardner Webb @ Liberty
Charleston Southern @ Coastal Carolina

I think Monmouth will be better than expected vs PC in a close one. Also see CSU giving Coastal a tough game after last week's loss.
Lehigh Engineers a.k.a Mountain Hawks
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Re: Big South Week 9 Predictions

Post by OL FU »

Stickman wrote:Monmouth @ Presbyterian
Gardner Webb @ Liberty

My picks as well. If the first game was at Monmouth, might pick it different
LynchburgFlamesFan
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty University
A.K.A.: Flamerbob

Post by LynchburgFlamesFan »

Monmouth @ Presbyterian
Gardner Webb @ Liberty
Dizzy_King
I am a fan of: Liberty Flames
A.K.A.: JerryFalwells

Post by Dizzy_King »

Monmouth @ Presbyterian
Gardner Webb @ Liberty

I really feel like Monmouth is a better team even though they have had a weaker schedule than Presbyterian thus far. This game may very well be the big south game of the week. Monmouth over Presbyterian

Liberty's High flying offense over Gardner Webb.

Charleston Southern over Coastal Carolina. This will not only be the upset of the week for the Big South but for the entire FCS. When comparing schedules and wins to me Charleston Southern is a better team than Coastal. Coastal has one of the weakest schedules in all of the FCS and then almost lost to unranked Furman as well as Presbyterian who gave them problems until the 4th Qt. To me there is really no surprise that Coastal is 7-0 due to their weak schedule. Charleston Southern over Coastal Carolina in a thriller.
bucs90
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern

Post by bucs90 »

Monmouth over PC. I also think Monmouth is a better team than many of us thought, mostly because we didn't know much about them.

Liberty over GW. Liberty just has too much size, power, explosiveness to lose this one. GWU will play them tough, but LU wins it.

CCU over CSU. Its so hard to pick against my Bucs. But, CCU is just too talented right now. I think CSU is finally mentally over the Vandy heartbreak which was still on their mind last week vs PC. CSU will show up ready to play, and play very well and hard. But CCU is just a bit more talented. CCU by 10.
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I think LFF has it, though all of them will be pretty close.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

[quote="Dizzy_King"]Monmouth @ Presbyterian
Gardner Webb @ Liberty

I really feel like Monmouth is a better team even though they have had a weaker schedule than Presbyterian thus far. This game may very well be the big south game of the week. Monmouth over Presbyterian

Charleston Southern over Coastal Carolina. This will not only be the upset of the week for the Big South but for the entire FCS. When comparing schedules and wins to me Charleston Southern is a better team than Coastal. Coastal has one of the weakest schedules in all of the FCS and then almost lost to unranked Furman as well as Presbyterian who gave them problems until the 4th Qt. To me there is really no surprise that Coastal is 7-0 due to their weak schedule. Charleston Southern over Coastal Carolina in a thriller.[/quote

You're retarded. CSU lost to Presbyterian a week after holding Vandy down. Now with the CCU game and some key players out you think CSU will win?! Ha! good one.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:
Dizzy_King wrote:Monmouth @ Presbyterian
Gardner Webb @ Liberty

Charleston Southern over Coastal Carolina. This will not only be the upset of the week for the Big South but for the entire FCS. When comparing schedules and wins to me Charleston Southern is a better team than Coastal. Coastal has one of the weakest schedules in all of the FCS and then almost lost to unranked Furman as well as Presbyterian who gave them problems until the 4th Qt. To me there is really no surprise that Coastal is 7-0 due to their weak schedule. Charleston Southern over Coastal Carolina in a thriller.[/quote

You're retarded. CSU lost to Presbyterian a week after holding Vandy down. Now with the CCU game and some key players out you think CSU will win?! Ha! good one.
I agree. Bucs will play hard. CCU just too talented.
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
Dizzy_King

Post by Dizzy_King »

Ibanez wrote:
Dizzy_King wrote:Monmouth @ Presbyterian
Gardner Webb @ Liberty

Ok there bud no need for name calling. But I did believe at the time CS was the better team.
Libertine
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty

Post by Libertine »

Dizzy_King wrote:But I did believe at the time CS was the better team.
Based on what exactly?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Dizzy_King wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
Ok there bud no need for name calling. But I did believe at the time CS was the better team.
Based on what? I think it's obvious that last season was a fluke.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:
Dizzy_King wrote:
After the Vandy game, I thought CSU may have been on par with Coastal too. That game just destroyed the team's mojo, and we aren't talented enough to have ANY kind of mental problems and still win. Plus, I think a lot of people saw beating The Citadel as a sign that CSU was the same 10 win team as last year.

Turns out, Citadel would finish near dead last in the Big South, so, yeah....not such a great win afterall.

I wouldn't say last year was a "fluke". But CSU's program for 15-16 years now has been a roller coaster between God awful, to respectable, to the 2005 BSC champs and, back down to 0-12, then back to 10 wins...and now slipping back down again. Just depends if the CSU roller coaster is on the way up....or down. Last year I think we peaked around that Coastal win, and the slide back down is starting.
Dizzy_King

Post by Dizzy_King »

Ibanez wrote:
Dizzy_King wrote:
Based on their sechdule and the way they played Vandy. Also CSU always seems to bring their "A" Game when playing in big game when they are the underdogs.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Dizzy_King wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
Based on their sechdule and the way they played Vandy. Also CSU always seems to bring their "A" Game when playing in big game when they are the underdogs.
Vandy was their first game that showed they could hang....but the next week they shit the bed.

Let's see how the remainder of the season plays out but I suspect their morale, like their momentum, is deflated.
Dizzy_King

Post by Dizzy_King »

Ibanez wrote:
Dizzy_King wrote:
Vandy was their first game that showed they could hang....but the next week they **** the bed.

Let's see how the remainder of the season plays out but I suspect their morale, like their momentum, is deflated.
I totally agree. I thought they would ride on their momentum throughout the rest of the season. I even had a feeling they would beat LU as well.
Beachdude

Post by Beachdude »

Dizzy_King wrote: Charleston Southern @ Coastal Carolina

Charleston Southern over Coastal Carolina. This will not only be the upset of the week for the Big South but for the entire FCS. .

So Dizzy....did that Crow taste good this week?
Dizzy_King

Post by Dizzy_King »

Beachdude wrote:
Dizzy_King wrote: Charleston Southern @ Coastal Carolina

Charleston Southern over Coastal Carolina. This will not only be the upset of the week for the Big South but for the entire FCS. .

So Dizzy....did that Crow taste good this week?
Not going to lie y'all proved me wrong once again. My excitement is building for the 11/22 match up against you guys. Tickets already purchased! :)
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:
Dizzy_King wrote:
Vandy was their first game that showed they could hang....but the next week they **** the bed.

You and the other Liberty guy are exactly right. For almost 20 years now, CSU has a tendency to play to its competition. Oddly, they often play much better on the road (I suspect that they just get more excited when playing in far better atmospheres than their home games provide).

And yeah, their morale was crushed by that Vandy game. Literally the minute that game ended...I said "Oh shit. This loss is gonna haunt us for weeks." CSU has always had to scratch and claw for recognition, and for good reason most times. Beating an SEC team would've been the most publicized event in CSU football history. Missing it by 1 point, just devastating.

I still think Coastal would've beaten CSU even if CSU had won at Vandy and beaten PC the next week, because CCU is just better. Especially impressed with your QB and defensive front 7. But we had a better showing in us than what we brought.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

bucs90 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

You and the other Liberty guy are exactly right. For almost 20 years now, CSU has a tendency to play to its competition. Oddly, they often play much better on the road (I suspect that they just get more excited when playing in far better atmospheres than their home games provide).

And yeah, their morale was crushed by that Vandy game. Literally the minute that game ended...I said "Oh shit. This loss is gonna haunt us for weeks." CSU has always had to scratch and claw for recognition, and for good reason most times. Beating an SEC team would've been the most publicized event in CSU football history. Missing it by 1 point, just devastating.

I still think Coastal would've beaten CSU even if CSU had won at Vandy and beaten PC the next week, because CCU is just better. Especially impressed with your QB and defensive front 7. But we had a better showing in us than what we brought.
The Vandy loss shouldn't be demoralizing. You lost to an SEC team. It was expected. The loss to Presbyterian should be demoralizing.