Post by 89Hen »

What is the I-AA GOTW?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Re: I-AA Game of the Week - WEEK 7

Post by Grizalltheway »

3 very good options to choose from, but I went with ISU v ISU. The Redbirds look like they have a D that could take them a long way in December.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Grizalltheway wrote:3 very good options to choose from, but I went with ISU v ISU.
+1
grizband
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by grizband »

Montana @ bye
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Indiana St vs Illinois St for sure

Bison game might not be pretty if they play like they did against WIU.
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

Picked Salukis @ Herd.
skinny_uncle
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: SIU

Post by skinny_uncle »

Bison vs. the Dawgs.
"You know you are getting old when time flies whether you are having fun or not."

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Salukis at Frackers.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Voted McNeese at Sam Houston State because that's the game of the week to ME. Very nervous about it too. I know Sam Houston State has talent and can be expected to get better as the season goes on. They put it on Lamar in their last game and I don't think Lamar's that bad this year. They had an off week last week so two weeks to prepare for McNeese. Finally I think they're going to be really ready to play this game because it's their chance at redemption and getting on track for the remainder of the season.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

This excerpt from an article at the Huntsville Item site captures what I'm concerned about (http://www.itemonline.com/sports/articl ... 6b23f.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;):
“This is a huge game,” Keeler said. “This is a huge game. The kids know that. It’s kind of an opportunity for us to right a wrong with our loss to CSU-Pueblo. To get a chance to play the No. 5 team at our place, it’s a great opportunity.”

The Bearkats will have to capitalize on that opportunity if they want to finally rid themselves of the stigma of getting blown out by a Division II program. Even after tearing through Lamar, the disgust of losing at home to the Thunderwolves is still firmly entrenched in the players’ minds.

“The confidence has always been there,” Hill said. “I think the monkey is off our back. But we still have to play with a chip on our shoulder because we have a lot to prove. A lot of people probably still think we can’t compete. I think people think Lamar was just weaker competition and they’re still not writing off that CSU-Pueblo game. It’s still in the back of our heads that we need to keep going.”
Could I ever be a star?

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote:This excerpt from an article at the Huntsville Item site captures what I'm concerned about (http://www.itemonline.com/sports/articl ... 6b23f.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;):
“This is a huge game,” Keeler said. “This is a huge game. The kids know that. It’s kind of an opportunity for us to right a wrong with our loss to CSU-Pueblo. To get a chance to play the No. 5 team at our place, it’s a great opportunity.”

The Bearkats will have to capitalize on that opportunity if they want to finally rid themselves of the stigma of getting blown out by a Division II program. Even after tearing through Lamar, the disgust of losing at home to the Thunderwolves is still firmly entrenched in the players’ minds.

“The confidence has always been there,” Hill said. “I think the monkey is off our back. But we still have to play with a chip on our shoulder because we have a lot to prove. A lot of people probably still think we can’t compete. I think people think Lamar was just weaker competition and they’re still not writing off that CSU-Pueblo game. It’s still in the back of our heads that we need to keep going.”
Right a wrong with our loss to CSU-Pueblo? :suspicious:
The "wrong" was scheduling them. :dunce:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I REALLY wanted to go off the board and pick something not ECB, but just about everything west of the Mississippi this week is cr@p.

:ohno:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Right a wrong with our loss to CSU-Pueblo? :suspicious:
The "wrong" was scheduling them.
Not to me. To me games like that are interesting. You had what has been a playoff caliber FCS in recent years playing what has been a top D-II in recent years. To me the problem is that people don't want to give the D-II credit. Never mind that Colorado State Pueblo dominated Sam Houston State to a much greater extent on the road than Eastern Washington did at home. People think they can't be good enough to do that because they're in a different classification.

And yes they did dominate Sam Houston State to a far greater extent than Eastern Washington did. When Sam Houston State played Eastern Washington, the score was 42-35 with about five minutes to do in the game then Eastern Washington scored a couple of late TDs to make things look a lot better. When Sam Houston State played Colorado State Pueblo, Colordado State Pueblo led 47-7 early in the fourth quarter then Sam Houston State scored two late TDs to make things look a little bit better for THEM. Eastern Washington out gained Sam Houston State by 624 to 542 in total yards. Colorado State Pueblo held Sam Houston State to ONE net yard of offense in the first half and out gained the BearKats by 446 to 226.

Yeah I guess you could say that it's a mistake to schedule what's likely to be a really good D-II team. But the real shame is that people are too ignorant to realize that there are D-II teams every year that are better than the overwhelming majority of FCS teams. And Colorado State Pueblo is one of those D-II teams this year.
Could I ever be a star?