Big South OL 2014

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
bjtheflamesfan
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Liberty

Big South OL 2014

Post by bjtheflamesfan »

We conclude the offensive side of the ball with the first of two open discussion forums this week, as I open the floor to Big South fans to tout their school's offensive line for 2014. We move to the defense with the defensive line open discussion next Monday
Coachdt

Re: Big South OL 2014

Post by Coachdt »

I will start off with CSU. The school had it's first 1,000 yard rusher, led the league, and nation, in time of possession, and put away several close games. I believe that had the ball been on the ground more in the last two games, things might have been different at the end of the season. All of this accomplished with one all conference player who has played 35 games and four guys playing their first seasons who have now played 13. The great part of it is that they are all back this year. Several new players will have the shot to get playing time also. I am looking forward to seeing what Reyes and this line can do with another year of weight room and experience under their belts. To make it even better, we have two quarterbacks who aren't going to be freshman and have also seen half of a season of experience. The UAB transfer might add a wrinkle too depending on who gets the nod in August. Go Bucs!
CSUBUCDAD
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern
A.K.A.: MJCOCK, MJ, STUMP

Post by CSUBUCDAD »

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to see what this OL can do.

You want my guns? Come take them.
bjtheflamesfan
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Liberty

Post by bjtheflamesfan »

Liberty has a lot of experience up front which should help things...even with the number of lineman we graduated from last year. The Flames have largely managed to keep their sacks allowed numbers low, something that is helped by having a mobile QB in Woodrum. We also pick up a former Lynchburg product in Tanner Hartman who transferred back home after a redshirt year under Bill O'Brien at Penn State. Max Sommer returns for a full season this year after dealing with injuries last year. Im hoping that we can keep it under double digits again this year
BJuice
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern Univ.

Post by BJuice »

Coachdt did a fine job summing things up from a statistical standpoint for the CSU Bucs.

I agree with CSUBucDad. I cannot wait to see this OL perform in the trenches this season. They have a real opportunity to dominate the line of scrimmage and wear people down.