GSU 3-8 again?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
PX15
I am a fan of: GSU
A.K.A.: PX/Laserlips

GSU 3-8 again?

Post by PX15 »

Anyone think Georgia Southern University will have another 3-8 season under our new Head Coach Chris Hatcher?

I don't think so, but obviously I'm a "homer".. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

JP
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: GSU 3-8 again?

Post by AZGrizFan »

Nah. There's a good chance they could go 4-7. :P :P :P :P
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
PX15
I am a fan of: GSU
A.K.A.: PX/Laserlips

Post by PX15 »

AZGrizFan wrote:Nah. There's a good chance they could go 4-7. :P :P :P :P

Hey... Gotta start someplace! I think we'll probably do a wee bit better than that, but I'm a "griz fan" too, so we won't argue about it..

Best Wishes,

JP
Saint3333
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Saint3333 »

Not a chance.

2007 GSU takes back their house: W Georgia, UTC, WCU, SDSU, El CId, and Furman are home games. They'll likely go 4-2 and then beat Elon and CCU away.

As an ASU fan I'm not marking the GSU game in Boone as a W until zeroes are on the clock. I think GSU will go 6-5 at worst.
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UM, MSU, GSU, ASU
A.K.A.: A true ICON/HOF'er

Post by Grizo406 »

I can safely say that my 2nd favorite team in the FCS will do much better than 3-8!
gatadotcom
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: gatadotcom

Post by gatadotcom »

Not only "NO", but "HELL NO!"
GATA Eagles!
http://www.GATA.com
BlazerDawg
I am a fan of: Valdosta State

Post by BlazerDawg »

Being a VSU grad, I am a Hatcher fan. He came back to VSU and immediately turned around a program facing much of the same challenges as GSU. I think he will get it done and get it done quickly. I'm thinking 8-3, but a plus or minus one wouldn't shock me.
Georgia Military College Class of '96
Valdosta State University Class of '98
The University of Georgia (grad school) Class of '04
GreatAppSt
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by GreatAppSt »

I've predicted GSU will be 6 and 0 heading into their game in Boone and the tough end of their schedule. They will lose the last 5 games. :(

6-5 :question:
If you can't beat'em, you lost!
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

Post by AppGuy04 »

I say 6-5
BoroNative
A.K.A.: BoroNative

Post by BoroNative »

I went to practice yesterday, and while I will admit you can't tell much on day one, I will say that it's a new day in Statesboro. The whole attitude of the program is different. The traditions are being restored. From all indications coming from everywhere, the players understand and embrace Coach Hatcher's philosophy and vision. Hatcher will be the first to tell you he's only focusing on one game at a time, and that everyone will be a challenge. I can assure you that he won't field a team that expects to lose a single game this year, and will consider NONE of them scrimmages. He is not under estimating the level of competition. It would be easy to fall into the trap of looking at him through the prism of Erk Russell, but that wouldn't be fair to either one of them. He does however genuinely possess the attitudes and work ethic that built this program. I don't believe we could've made a better hire. I wish we had done it a year earlier. I think the rest of the SOCON will be very surprised at the level of talent they see this year. While the ole' Hatch man is known for his offense, that defense is going to be strong and fast. Since we don't want to see anyone get seriously hurt, bring an extra sports medicine guy with you to Paulson this year! ;)
xtremegriz
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by xtremegriz »

GSU is wayyyyy to good of a program to go 3-8 again. They'll come back and at least get a winning record.
MONTANA MONTANA STATE
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BoroNative wrote:I went to practice yesterday, and while I will admit you can't tell much on day one, I will say that it's a new day in Statesboro. The whole attitude of the program is different. The traditions are being restored. From all indications coming from everywhere, the players understand and embrace Coach Hatcher's philosophy and vision. Hatcher will be the first to tell you he's only focusing on one game at a time, and that everyone will be a challenge. I can assure you that he won't field a team that expects to lose a single game this year, and will consider NONE of them scrimmages. He is not under estimating the level of competition. It would be easy to fall into the trap of looking at him through the prism of Erk Russell, but that wouldn't be fair to either one of them. He does however genuinely possess the attitudes and work ethic that built this program. I don't believe we could've made a better hire. I wish we had done it a year earlier. I think the rest of the SOCON will be very surprised at the level of talent they see this year. While the ole' Hatch man is known for his offense, that defense is going to be strong and fast. Since we don't want to see anyone get seriously hurt, bring an extra sports medicine guy with you to Paulson this year! ;)
That's good to hear.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JDCGSU
A.K.A.: TUPAC

Post by JDCGSU »

WEST GEORGIA - Win - Or there will be MASS SUICIDES in the Boro!
at Coastal Carolina - Win (If they could not beat us last year they aint this year)
CHATTANOOGA - Win we start another long winning streak
*WESTERN CAROLINA - Win *See Costal Comment
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE - Win Just because I am a Homer. Really dont know how strong they are.
*at Elon - Win - See Costal Comments
*at Appalachian State - Loss because it is in Boone
*THE CITADEL -Win- Payback, we should be clicking by now and we aint losing to them on Homecoming
*at Wofford - Loss -They got the option working against us for some reason. Karma is a beatch (The Sewak Curse)
*FURMAN - Loss but I feel almost a Coin Flip since we are at home and late in the season.
at Colorado State - Loss Extra Schollie advantage are to hard to overcome this year.

6-5 or 7-4 is realistic, with a lot of luck 8-3, with the FAVOR ZEUS and with the Power of Grayskull 9-2.
Really we are lucky are easier games are at the begining of the season. You never know Paul Johnson took a previous 4-7 1996 team and in his first year 1997 went 10-3 that included making the playoffs.
xtremegriz
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by xtremegriz »

JDCGSU wrote:WEST GEORGIA - Win - Or there will be MASS SUICIDES in the Boro!
at Coastal Carolina - Win (If they could not beat us last year they aint this year)
CHATTANOOGA - Win we start another long winning streak
*WESTERN CAROLINA - Win *See Costal Comment
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE - Win Just because I am a Homer. Really dont know how strong they are.
*at Elon - Win - See Costal Comments
*at Appalachian State - Loss because it is in Boone
*THE CITADEL -Win- Payback, we should be clicking by now and we aint losing to them on Homecoming
*at Wofford - Loss -They got the option working against us for some reason. Karma is a beatch (The Sewak Curse)
*FURMAN - Loss but I feel almost a Coin Flip since we are at home and late in the season.
at Colorado State - Loss Extra Schollie advantage are to hard to overcome this year.

6-5 or 7-4 is realistic, with a lot of luck 8-3, with the FAVOR ZEUS and with the Power of Grayskull 9-2.
Really we are lucky are easier games are at the begining of the season. You never know Paul Johnson took a previous 4-7 1996 team and in his first year 1997 went 10-3 that included making the playoffs.
6-5 or 7-4 seems right. Wins at West Georgia, Coastal, WCU, Chatty, and GSU should at least either beat SDSU or Citadel.

That's actually a pretty solid schedule. Yes, GSU has West Georgia, but non-conf games against CSU, CCU, and SDSU will be tough. Throw in the SoCon and that's a nice schedule. Any GSU fans wanna trade?
MONTANA MONTANA STATE