2014 Schedules

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: 2014 Schedules

Post by SuperHornet »

72: If you're going to keep the footnoting in there when you cut-and-paste, it would be nice to see what the footnotes actually are....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

GoAgs72 wrote:Sat., Oct. 4 - at Portland State - Jen Weld Field - Portland, OR*
Just so you don't get lost, it is actually Jeld Wen Field. :nod:

:lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The completed UD schedule with Sacred Heart added :ohno: :

Aug. 30 at Pittsburgh
Sept. 6 vs. Delaware State - 6 p.m.
Sept. 13 vs. Colgate - 6 p.m.
Sept. 27 at *James Madison
Oct. 4 - vs. Sacred Heart - 3:30 p.m.
Oct. 11 vs. *Elon - 3:30 p.m.
Oct. 18 vs. *Towson - 3:30 p.m.
Oct. 25 at *William & Mary
Nov. 1 vs. *Rhode Island - 12 noon
Nov. 8 at *Albany
Nov. 15 at *New Hampshire
Nov. 22 vs. *Villanova - 12 noon

*CAA games
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

93henfan wrote:The completed UD schedule with Sacred Heart added :ohno: :

Aug. 30 at Pittsburgh
Sept. 6 vs. Delaware State - 6 p.m.
Sept. 13 vs. Colgate - 6 p.m.
Sept. 27 at *James Madison
Oct. 4 - vs. Sacred Heart - 3:30 p.m.
Oct. 11 vs. *Elon - 3:30 p.m.
Oct. 18 vs. *Towson - 3:30 p.m.
Oct. 25 at *William & Mary
Nov. 1 vs. *Rhode Island - 12 noon
Nov. 8 at *Albany
Nov. 15 at *New Hampshire
Nov. 22 vs. *Villanova - 12 noon

*CAA games
Sweet! Sacred Heart might get us to 5-6 next year. :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Bluehenbillk and I were trying to talk each other down from the bridge on Wednesday. I don't know what his ultimate decision will be, but I am pretty sure I'm jumping this year. Just can't see plunking down another $1,000 for a stellar home slate of:

DE State, Colgate, Sacred Heart, Elon, Towson, Rhode Island, Villanova.

I think I'll just pick one Philadelphia Eagles game and get great seats instead.
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

93henfan wrote:Bluehenbillk and I were trying to talk each other down from the bridge on Wednesday. I don't know what his ultimate decision will be, but I am pretty sure I'm jumping this year. Just can't see plunking down another $1,000 for a stellar home slate of:

I think I'll just pick one Philadelphia Eagles game and get great seats instead.
That sounds like the prudent choice to me.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote:
93henfan wrote:Bluehenbillk and I were trying to talk each other down from the bridge on Wednesday. I don't know what his ultimate decision will be, but I am pretty sure I'm jumping this year. Just can't see plunking down another $1,000 for a stellar home slate of:

That's so sad it makes me not even want to smack ANOTHER weak ass CAA OOC schedule.

For shame... :ohno:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
SunCoastBlueHen wrote:
That's so sad it makes me not even want to smack ANOTHER weak ass CAA OOC schedule.

No disagreement from us. Delaware can bring in whoever we want to. Unfortunately, we're bringing in shit. At least it's not D-II shit. But still.

What's ironic is that they are finally scheduling the way that Keeler wanted them to -- after they fired him.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:

No disagreement from us. Delaware can bring in whoever we want to. Unfortunately, we're bringing in ****. At least it's not D-II ****. But still.

What's ironic is that they are finally scheduling the way that Keeler wanted them to -- after they fired him.
Oh the irony isn't lost with me :kisswink:
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
GoAgs72
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: UC Davis

Post by GoAgs72 »

SuperHornet wrote:72: If you're going to keep the footnoting in there when you cut-and-paste, it would be nice to see what the footnotes actually are....
Footnotes are from Aggie Board but are mostly inconsequential just saying the Sac State game is the Causeway Classic and the Cal Poly game is the Golden Horseshoe. The "*" is conference game.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
SunCoastBlueHen wrote:

It's weak OOC, but the Hens will face a I-A and 4-5 ranked I-AA's. How many more do you want? We do have playoffs (I've heard) that will separate the contenders and pretenders. With 24 spots, it's not like I'd feel guilty of stealing a spot from somebody more deserving. I'm pretty sure the Hens would have beaten several of the playoff teams last year.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:

It's weak OOC, but the Hens will face a I-A and 4-5 ranked I-AA's. How many more do you want? We do have playoffs (I've heard) that will separate the contenders and pretenders. With 24 spots, it's not like I'd feel guilty of stealing a spot from somebody more deserving. I'm pretty sure the Hens would have beaten several of the playoff teams last year.
I'm pretty sure they beat one of the finalists.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: It's weak OOC, but the Hens will face a I-A and 4-5 ranked I-AA's. How many more do you want? We do have playoffs (I've heard) that will separate the contenders and pretenders. With 24 spots, it's not like I'd feel guilty of stealing a spot from somebody more deserving. I'm pretty sure the Hens would have beaten several of the playoff teams last year.
I'm pretty sure they beat one of the finalists.
:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:

Hey, I already told you I'm sad for you guys and don't feel like smacking another weak ass CAA OOC schedule, didn't I?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: It's weak OOC, but the Hens will face a I-A and 4-5 ranked I-AA's. How many more do you want? We do have playoffs (I've heard) that will separate the contenders and pretenders. With 24 spots, it's not like I'd feel guilty of stealing a spot from somebody more deserving. I'm pretty sure the Hens would have beaten several of the playoff teams last year.
Hey, I already told you I'm sad for you guys and don't feel like smacking another weak ass CAA OOC schedule, didn't I?
Two words: Panhandle State
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Answer: Who would UD OOC be playing if it was located out west?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:
UD hasn't played a D-II the past two seasons.

Glad to have the West Chester series considered not worth renewing by the old timers in charge. :thumb:
Last edited by 93henfan on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

I'm just reading this page of the thread this morning. Been a STH for UD my whole life - 44 years. I had the conversation with my father over the weekend, prefaced it by saying I wasn't under the influence or recently took a blow to the skull, and told him I was 100% indifferent with buying season tickets again this year.

UD plays 7 home games - 2 off the bat I know I'm not going to (DelState & Sacred Heart) - so my family can go watch more exciting college football. I'm sure there will be conflicts with travel baseball tournaments as well which will knock the # down lower. I'm going to Pittsburgh Labor Day weekend regardless, JMU could be a maybe trip, same with Albany. I'm just not as excited about UD football for a couple reasons:

- The bunker mentality that exists around a 3rd tier football program. Brock must've taken from his time at K-State ala Bill Snyder about lack of communication with people & fans. We had artist renderings on improvements surrounding the program like 5 or 6 years ago, got people all pumped up & then they stepped on the balloon & refuse to talk about the balloon anymore.

- Some fans don't want UD to fall into the "3rd tier" of college football. News flash: we're already there. Look at our schedule: DelState - I know they're an in-state forced rivalry but they're a bottom feeder in the lowly MEAC. Colgate - 40-0 the last time we played them, zero buzz for that scrimmage. Sacred Heart - other than being the name of my church 90% of UD fans couldn't tell you that they're located in CT. Everyone I've talked to greeted that schedule addition with "Who?" "Why", "you're kidding right?", the attendance at that game will be in the #@!$ter. Elon- a school UD has very little in common with - no buzz factor. URI - perennial CAA bottom feeder.

All that leaves is Towson & Nova. You can buy tickets at this point in time ala carte for whatever UD game you want - get good seats & spend less money on it while you're doing it. I can park just as easy across the street at the Wells Fargo bank or in the Boy scout lot at 4 & 896 as I can in the Gold Lot.

The whole thing is just wasting away.......
Make Delaware Football Great Again
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

As I mentioned to you last week, Bill...

I'm done. Not renewing this year. Yes, I made a move in this direction last year only to renew after the renewal deadline by upgrading - but I'm really done now. Heck, I moved to the best seats in the house and still couldn't get excited.
Last edited by 93henfan on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:
UD hasn't played a D-II the past two seasons.

Glad to have the West Chester series considered not worth renewing by the old timers in charge. :thumb:
And you would every year out here, especially with your attendance and opportunity to always get at least. 6 home games...my point.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I guess we actually did play West Chester for the last time in 2012, so it's only been one season D-II free.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

bluehenbillk wrote:I'm just reading this page of the thread this morning. Been a STH for UD my whole life - 44 years. I had the conversation with my father over the weekend, prefaced it by saying I wasn't under the influence or recently took a blow to the skull, and told him I was 100% indifferent with buying season tickets again this year.

UD plays 7 home games - 2 off the bat I know I'm not going to (DelState & Sacred Heart) - so my family can go watch more exciting college football. I'm sure there will be conflicts with travel baseball tournaments as well which will knock the # down lower. I'm going to Pittsburgh Labor Day weekend regardless, JMU could be a maybe trip, same with Albany. I'm just not as excited about UD football for a couple reasons:

- The bunker mentality that exists around a 3rd tier football program. Brock must've taken from his time at K-State ala Bill Snyder about lack of communication with people & fans. We had artist renderings on improvements surrounding the program like 5 or 6 years ago, got people all pumped up & then they stepped on the balloon & refuse to talk about the balloon anymore.

- Some fans don't want UD to fall into the "3rd tier" of college football. News flash: we're already there. Look at our schedule: DelState - I know they're an in-state forced rivalry but they're a bottom feeder in the lowly MEAC. Colgate - 40-0 the last time we played them, zero buzz for that scrimmage. Sacred Heart - other than being the name of my church 90% of UD fans couldn't tell you that they're located in CT. Everyone I've talked to greeted that schedule addition with "Who?" "Why", "you're kidding right?", the attendance at that game will be in the #@!$ter. Elon- a school UD has very little in common with - no buzz factor. URI - perennial CAA bottom feeder.

All that leaves is Towson & Nova. You can buy tickets at this point in time ala carte for whatever UD game you want - get good seats & spend less money on it while you're doing it. I can park just as easy across the street at the Wells Fargo bank or in the Boy scout lot at 4 & 896 as I can in the Gold Lot.

The whole thing is just wasting away.......
Fair weather fan. :ohno:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

2014 Elon football schedule

Aug. 30 at Duke
Sept. 13 vs. Charlotte
Sept. 20 vs. N.C. A&T
Sept. 27 at Coastal Carolina
Oct. 4 vs. New Hampshire
Oct. 11 at Delaware
Oct. 18 vs. Stony Brook
Oct. 25 vs. Richmond
Nov. 1 at Towson
Nov. 8 at William & Mary
Nov. 15 vs. Maine
Nov. 22 at James Madison
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

The Citadel

Sat 30 Coastal Carolina TBA
Sat 6 at Florida State TBA
Sat 20 at Charleston Southern 6:00 PM
Sat 27 Gardner-Webb TBA
Sat 4 at Wofford * TBA
Sat 11 Charlotte Parents' Day TBA
Sat 18 Chattanooga * TBA

Sat 25 at Western Carolina * TBA
Sat 1 at Mercer * TBA
Sat 8 Furman * Homecoming Day TBA
Sat 15 Samford * TBA

Sat 22 at VMI * TBA
Home games in bold.
Last edited by Ibanez on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

08/30/14 - @ The Citadel
09/06/14 - ?
09/13/14 - ?
09/20/14 - @ FAMU :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
09/27/14 - Elon

10/04/14 - @ Furman
10/11/14 - @ Presby
10/18/14 - ?
10/25/14 - vs. CSU (probably Homecoming)
11/01/14 - @ GWU
11/08/14 - @ UNC-Charlotte
11/15/14 - vs. Monmouth
11/22/14 - vs. Liberty