Highlight Videos

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Highlight Videos

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

I've noticed some schools like to put up mindlessly homeristic highlight videos on their school websites, even at the expense of being able to tell what's going on. Take Sac State's highlight video of the Montana game. They only show pro-Sac highlights, nothing else. Even worse, it looked they were going to at least show the game-winning touchdown pass, but then the video actually faded out just before JJ threw the ball and cut to the scoreboard. EWU's highlight video of their Montana game was similar, just a bit lower-budget looking. Are these schools really so insecure that they can't show a good play for the other team, ever.

In contrast, the highlight videos on gogriz (meaning the recap ones, not the music-video-styled ones) show good plays for both teams that tell a full narrative of how the game went as you would expect to see from a neutral professional outfit. My only complaint with gogriz is that they didn't put up a highlight of the EWU game. Sure, the Griz lost, but there were still a shit-ton of highlights worth watching.

Are there other FCS schools that produce well-done highlight videos like Montana does? Or is it all bush-league homerism like Sac, EWU, etc.?
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Highlight Videos

Post by EWURanger »

The ones produced the last couple of years for EWU were really great. I don't know what's going on this year. It's obviously someone else doing them, and yeah, they are horrible...a couple of them taken from the end zone...really?

Outside of the Oregon State highlights, which were awesome, the rest have sucked so far this season. Someone different obviously did the OSU one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slulionsfan
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southeastern Louisiana

Re: Highlight Videos

Post by slulionsfan »

We always show relatively balanced highlights on our coaches show and official website.

Here are highlights from the McNeese game Saturday ... they may appear one-sided, but that's because it was :thumb:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v7ZEE25AHs[/youtube]
Catattack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: MSU

Post by Catattack »

Looks like you have to pay for the privilege of viewing the well done recap videos and can only view the bush league homer music videos for free ?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

One of my fellow Sirens fans does some of the most balanced highlight videos I've ever seen for every women's football game he attends from Seattle to San Diego to SLC (yes, he actually DOES watch more than just the Sirens). If any video looks unbalanced, it's strictly because the game was a blowout. If there's a score or a big hit for EITHER team, he shows it, complete with captioning at the bottom. Here's an example....

This actually WAS a blowout, but you can see the effort to include good plays by the other team, on both offense AND defense. Heck, the FIRST play was a sack by the losing (Sparks) Nevada Storm. FYI: Sacramento's #10 Holly Peterson, the running back and backup quarterback, was a key member of the U.S. Women's National Football Team that won their second straight Gold Medal in Finland this past summer....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_-QZ0BZcWk[/youtube]

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Catattack wrote:Looks like you have to pay for the privilege of viewing the well done recap videos and can only view the bush league homer music videos for free ?
Uh, no. The recap videos are free, too. There just hasn't been one since Cal Poly (the video dated 10/20/2013).

I assume you're talking about gogriz.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Catattack wrote:Looks like you have to pay for the privilege of viewing the well done recap videos and can only view the bush league homer music videos for free ?
Uh, no. The recap videos are free, too. There just hasn't been one since Cal Poly (the video dated 10/20/2013).

gogriz sucks balls when they went from 10 minute videos down to 2.5 to 3 minute videos. Nothing but a shame.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

grizzaholic wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

gogriz sucks balls when they went from 10 minute videos down to 2.5 to 3 minute videos. Nothing but a shame.
Huh? The four recap highlight videos are all over 4 minutes, and the three since the the App game are over 5 minutes.
FargoBison
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by FargoBison »

NDSU does a pretty good job in showing all the key plays for both teams in its highlight videos....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3lR3STeZPA[/youtube]
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

FargoBison wrote:NDSU does a pretty good job in showing all the key plays for both teams in its highlight videos....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3lR3STeZPA[/youtube]
Change "pretty good" to "decent" and add "sub par cameramen". :coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

It's nice to see from the replies that some schools do highlights well.

South Dakota's highlights apparently do the same thing Sac State does. The Coyotes apparently won 27-0. :roll:

North Dakota is the only Griz road opponent to have done a balanced highlight reel. NAU doesn't do highlights, it seems, and Davis didn't do any either even though they have highlights of their other home games (they even have a highlight reel of their 41-10 loss to PSU).
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

grizzaholic wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Yup griz used to have excellent recap/highlight vids. With commentators
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS