dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: North Dakota St vs Towson

Post by dal4018 »

Cluck U wrote:
dal4018 wrote:If North Dakota St makes it back then Marcus Williams should use this as a NFL audition
Ahhh...we come to the real reason dal wants to talk about NDSU. :lol:
Excuse me last year I was the hype man for Brady Hansen a 6-4 200 WR who was white remember!!!!
Last edited by dal4018 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Bison Fan in NW MN wrote:After watching Towson/Villanova on TV, I think NDSU would win the game, but it would be a very good match-up for both teams.

Two teams I would like the Bison to face this year are EIU and EWU. Two very prolific offenses and mediocre defenses. Passing games that would challenge the Bison pass defense.
I would like to see Eastern Illinois take a crack at the Bison and their 9th nationally ranked pass defense.Do they play man to man or zone or double team a DB with a SS/FS for help???
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: bisoninnwmn

Post by Bison Fan in NW MN »

dal4018 wrote:
Bison Fan in NW MN wrote:After watching Towson/Villanova on TV, I think NDSU would win the game, but it would be a very good match-up for both teams.

Two teams I would like the Bison to face this year are EIU and EWU. Two very prolific offenses and mediocre defenses. Passing games that would challenge the Bison pass defense.
I would like to see Eastern Illinois take a crack at the Bison and their 9th nationally ranked pass defense.Do they play man to man or zone or double team a DB with a SS/FS for help???
Depends on the team. Against UNI they played man-to-man on the WRs and brought more pressure than usual to try and get to Kollmorgen. Usually they sit back in their Tampa-2 zone and let the front 4 get pressure. The Bison LBers are very good so they can do that but against good passing teams they bring more blitzes in.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

The last time NDSU played Towson was in the playoffs in 1983, with NDSU winning 24-17. NDSU ran a veer offense at the time, and won the first of 3 National Championships with QB Jeff Bentrim. 30 years later, there are good odds that they can meet in the playoffs again. The combination of NDSU offense grinding up time and the defense being good, keeps teams under 30 points.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Bison Fan in NW MN wrote:
dal4018 wrote:I would like to see Eastern Illinois take a crack at the Bison and their 9th nationally ranked pass defense.Do they play man to man or zone or double team a DB with a SS/FS for help???
Depends on the team. Against UNI they played man-to-man on the WRs and brought more pressure than usual to try and get to Kollmorgen. Usually they sit back in their Tampa-2 zone and let the front 4 get pressure. The Bison LBers are very good so they can do that but against good passing teams they bring more blitzes in.
Against UNI did they bring pressure via the front (4) or the LB core or both down lineman and lb's.Williams to me looks like a man to man type of DB at 5-11 190 is he on the track squad.That Tampa (2) scheme has a weakness down the middle.The safety usually isn't fast enough to react to a WR coming down the middle as stated before.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

vutomcat wrote:I agree. They are among the best. SHSU needs to be on the short list too. A few others may have a chance as well. The next two weeks should sort this out. But this final wouldn't surprise anyone.
The Bearkats have the no.1 ranked run offense in the FCS (319.0).The Bison as stated before have a very stingy run defense.This could be a rematch for all the marbles.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:The last time NDSU played Towson was in the playoffs in 1983, with NDSU winning 24-17. NDSU ran a veer offense at the time, and won the first of 3 National Championships with QB Jeff Bentrim. 30 years later, there are good odds that they can meet in the playoffs again. The combination of NDSU offense grinding up time and the defense being good, keeps teams under 30 points.
Right now the Bison's run offense is ranked 21st so do the obvious take away the run make them throw to beat you!!!Their pass attack averages 198.8 yds per game.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Gil Dobie wrote:The last time NDSU played Towson was in the playoffs in 1983, with NDSU winning 24-17. NDSU ran a veer offense at the time, and won the first of 3 National Championships with QB Jeff Bentrim. 30 years later, there are good odds that they can meet in the playoffs again. The combination of NDSU offense grinding up time and the defense being good, keeps teams under 30 points.
The Qb for TSU in that game just recently died and was mentioned at the HOF induction this past weekend. Alums of that year all talked about how cold that game was. They also made mention of all the men and women in the stadium, open air at that time, were all decked out in snow suits and full beards. :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

andy7171 wrote:
The Qb for TSU in that game just recently died and was mentioned at the HOF induction this past weekend. Alums of that year all talked about how cold that game was. They also made mention of all the men and women in the stadium, open air at that time, were all decked out in snow suits and full beards. :lol:
RIP to that individual!!!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

andy7171 wrote:
That was a good game and it was cold. I don't remember a lot more about the game other than I was there. Didn't have a snowsuit, just a winter coat and longjohns. I shaved my beard in July, after my hometown had it's 100th anniversary celebration.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
andy7171 wrote: The Qb for TSU in that game just recently died and was mentioned at the HOF induction this past weekend. Alums of that year all talked about how cold that game was. They also made mention of all the men and women in the stadium, open air at that time, were all decked out in snow suits and full beards. :lol:
That was a good game and it was cold. I don't remember a lot more about the game other than I was there. Didn't have a snowsuit, just a winter coat and longjohns. I shaved my beard in July, after my hometown had it's 100th anniversary celebration.
WINTER COAT& LONG JOHNS you have to be kidding!!!!!!!!
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

dal4018 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
WINTER COAT& LONG JOHNS you have to be kidding!!!!!!!!
It actually drops below 50 up in these parts, dal. :roll:
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
dal4018 wrote:WINTER COAT& LONG JOHNS you have to be kidding!!!!!!!!
No kidding I got the impression you wore just that.I would have worn that snowsuit,gloves,hat along with the long johns.I know you guys are right below the Canadian border.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

dal4018 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
No kidding I got the impression you wore just that.I would have worn that snowsuit,gloves,hat along with the long johns.I know you guys are right below the Canadian border.
Yeah, just a coat and long johns would be an interesting combo. No shoes, socks, shirt, pants... :?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

andy7171 wrote:
dal4018 wrote:No kidding I got the impression you wore just that.I would have worn that snowsuit,gloves,hat along with the long johns.I know you guys are right below the Canadian border.
Yeah, just a coat and long johns would be an interesting combo. No shoes, socks, shirt, pants... :?
At the Grey Cup game I went to in Winnipeg in the early 1990's, the temp was zero degrees and people were running out on the field in shorts, no shirt, and doing the worm on the field. They do have stronger anti-freeze in Canada though. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
andy7171 wrote: Yeah, just a coat and long johns would be an interesting combo. No shoes, socks, shirt, pants... :?
At the Grey Cup game I went to in Winnipeg in the early 1990's, the temp was zero degrees and people were running out on the field in shorts, no shirt, and doing the worm on the field. They do have stronger anti-freeze in Canada though. :lol:
I didn't know Polson was a CFL fan.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

BoDog98 wrote:Heck Towson isn't even the best team in the their own conference. Towson got pounded at home by Villanova and yesterday the only undefeated team in the CAA (MAINE) beat the Cats in Philly. Maine hung 62 on Delaware and pounded W&M who just beat JMU yesterday. NDSU is the team to beat until someone does.

This Maine team is for real. But shhhh.... don't tell anyone...
Any NFL material on this well kept secret???
vutomcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Villanova

Post by vutomcat »

This VU observer thinks the tight end on Maine might have a chance at the next level. The Cats smallish athletic def backs couldn't stop him.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

vutomcat wrote:This VU observer thinks the tight end on Maine might have a chance at the next level. The Cats smallish athletic def backs couldn't stop him.
Perillo will be applying Sundays.

Boyle, UD's TE, has a shot also. Nova's smallish backs won't have an answer for him either.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote:Could this be a potential FCS final????The Bison have a very stingy run defense (80.7 ypg) only Mercer and Harvard are ranked higher nationally.Both are ranked in the top 20 in rushing offense.
Dal could be the ultimate prognosticator on CS.com :notworthy:
rkwittem
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by rkwittem »

What a worthless thread. Worry about it when it happens. No more dal threads!!!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Grizalltheway wrote:
dal4018 wrote: How about Sam Houston getting payback!!!
I was thinking the Griz, ten years after they upset us at home. :thumb:
Maybe not.

I'm not saying it will be CCU. But after a couple of weeks of "cold and loud" I can't help myself. :mrgreen:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ibanez wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
I was thinking the Griz, ten years after they upset us at home. :thumb:
Maybe not.

I'm not saying it will be CCU. But after a couple of weeks of "cold and loud" I can't help myself. :mrgreen:
Go eat a fat one. :tothehand:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I have NDSU beating Towson in Frisco in my bracket on GoHens.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:I have NDSU beating Towson in Frisco in my bracket on GoHens.
Dal is a step closer to being the king of prognosticators with 93henfan :thumb: