North Dakota St vs Towson

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Doggerel

Re: North Dakota St vs Towson

Post by Doggerel »

Any good football team is capable of winning any game.
However, wouldn't count on it. NDSU seems solid from coaches to anything else measured.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

dal4018 wrote:Could this be a potential FCS final????The Bison have a very stingy run defense (80.7 ypg) only Mercer and Harvard are ranked higher nationally.Both are ranked in the top 20 in rushing offense.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: bisoninnwmn

Post by Bison Fan in NW MN »

Great match up in the NC game.

Looking forward to the trip.

Congrats to Towson on the win today.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I'll be pulling like hell for Towson, but after watching that machine of a team destroy UNH last night, I don't see how Towson can possibly top that.

My early prediction:

NDSU 31
Towson 21
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Bronco
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by Bronco »

it will be like looking for Waldo trying to spot a Towson fan in a sea of NDSU faithful
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. Al Swearengen
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/childr ... bronco.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Bronco wrote:it will be like looking for Waldo trying to spot a Towson fan in a sea of NDSU faithful
Towson's dance team will make up for it. They have same grade A hoo-ers. :thumb:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

DSUrocks07 wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Could this be a potential FCS final????The Bison have a very stingy run defense (80.7 ypg) only Mercer and Harvard are ranked higher nationally.Both are ranked in the top 20 in rushing offense.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Even a blind negro finds fried chicken once in a while...

:kisswink:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

This will be the second meeting between Towson and NDSU. NDSU won the first meeting in D2, many moons ago.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

DSUrocks07 wrote:
Someone needs to get spanos on this right now. :coffee:
The Kicker
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Football
A.K.A.: K

Post by The Kicker »

Funny Towson vs NDSU tonight in Mens Basketball
Herd

Post by Herd »

No disrespect to TU, but the Bison are gonna win this one HUGE. Even when the lead is 30+, this being the last game for the super seniors, they won't be pulled for the entire game.

NDSU. 66
TU. 17
Using Tapatalk
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Herd wrote:No disrespect to TU, but the Bison are gonna win this one HUGE. Even when the lead is 30+, this being the last game for the super seniors, they won't be pulled for the entire game.

NDSU. 66
TU. 17
That's ridiculous. You're not beating Towson by 49 points. Posts like that are disrepectful and sort of piss off the karma gods, ya know?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

93henfan wrote:
Herd wrote:No disrespect to TU, but the Bison are gonna win this one HUGE. Even when the lead is 30+, this being the last game for the super seniors, they won't be pulled for the entire game.

NDSU. 66
TU. 17
That's ridiculous. You're not beating Towson by 49 points. Posts like that are disrepectful and sort of piss off the karma gods, ya know?
If there were karma gods, dontcha think they would've unleashed their wrath on Bison Nation a loooooonnnggg time ago?
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: bisoninnwmn

Post by Bison Fan in NW MN »

NDSU. 66
TU. 17

66 to 17?

Probably not.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

NDSU by 17

West is the only reason it's that close....and if NDSU plays him like zz they are fucked.

DJ is the only back in the nation that can run on ndsu. 7.9 ypc the last two years against NDSU.... 29 rushes for 229 yards and 2 tds

Fuck, that's a seasons worth of stats for every other RB they face fucking combined....fuck.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

My initial:

If Athens can't go, NDSU 38, TU 21
If Athens can go, NDSU 31, TU 28

I think TU's only real chance is to have Athens playing. What is his prognosis for 2 weeks from now?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
vutomcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Villanova

Post by vutomcat »

Big fluffy !!!! Towson beats EWU with backup QB. And at EWU!!!!!!!!!!!

CAA. By far the best conference!!!

Selection committee is as bad as it gets!!! 3 teams from CAA was RIDICULOUS!!!
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

vutomcat wrote:Big fluffy !!!! Towson beats EWU with backup QB. And at EWU!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it a rest, you dork. Your team didn't make the playoffs and nothing will change that.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

vutomcat wrote:Big fluffy !!!! Towson beats EWU with backup QB. And at EWU!!!!!!!!!!!

The CAA's got jack shit on the MVFC in terms of getting fucked out of spots.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

clenz wrote:

The CAA's got jack shit on the MVFC in terms of getting fucked out of spots.
Next year the Big Fluffy Sky gets two, the OVC one, the MEAC one, the CAA gets five and the MVC gets five. :nod:

Edit: and the CAA and MVC gets seeds and home games. :nod: :thumb:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Cluck U wrote:
clenz wrote: The CAA's got jack shit on the MVFC in terms of getting fucked out of spots.
Next year the Big Fluffy Sky gets two, the OVC one, the MEAC one, the CAA gets five and the MVC gets five. :nod:

Edit: and the CAA and MVC gets seeds and home games. :nod: :thumb:
Have you not watched how the MVFC gets teams selected - and how it's done in general.

The breakdown will be something like this

Big Sky 4/5 2 or 3 seeds
Big South 1/2 1 seed
CAA 4/5 2 or 3 seeds
MEAC 2/3
MVFC 1/2 - 2 if we are extremely lucky...if we get 3 or more next year the Mayans were right just off by a 2/3 years
NEC 1/2
OVC 3/4 1 seed
PFL 1/2
Patriot 2/3
SoCon 2/3
Southland 3/4 at least 1 seed

The only MVFC team that has a chance at a seed next year in NDSU - only because of the three straight titles thing. UNI, SDSU, SIU, etc... all need to finish 11-1 to even have a chance at a seed/AL spot
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

clenz wrote:Have you not watched how the MVFC gets teams selected - and how it's done in general.

Big Sky 4/5 2 or 3 seeds
Big South 1/2 1 seed
CAA 4/5 2 or 3 seeds
MEAC 2/3
MVFC 1/2 - 2 if we are extremely lucky...if we get 3 or more next year the Mayans were right just off by a 2/3 years
NEC 1/2
OVC 3/4 1 seed
PFL 1/2
Patriot 2/3
SoCon 2/3

The only MVFC team that has a chance at a seed next year in NDSU - only because of the three straight titles thing. UNI, SDSU, SIU, etc... all need to finish 11-1 to even have a chance at a seed/AL spot
NDSU crumbles next year. :nod:

Towson has a good chance if their QB is healthy. If not, NDSU gets their third title. But, their title run is over. The CAA is back, and the MVC will take care of NDSU so that they will need to go on the road.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Cluck U wrote:
clenz wrote:Have you not watched how the MVFC gets teams selected - and how it's done in general.

Big Sky 4/5 2 or 3 seeds
Big South 1/2 1 seed
CAA 4/5 2 or 3 seeds
MEAC 2/3
NEC 1/2
OVC 3/4 1 seed
PFL 1/2
Patriot 2/3
SoCon 2/3

NDSU crumbles next year. :nod:

Towson has a good chance if their QB is healthy. If not, NDSU gets their third title. But, their title run is over. The CAA is back, and the MVC will take care of NDSU so that they will need to go on the road.
If NDSU falls to a 3-4 loss team next year (not impossible) it is entirely likely that MVFC gets 2, max, next season.

The MVFC can do nothing to get the bids it deserves. A couple years ago it was "Well, the bottom of your league is too weak." Well, the league got deeper top to bottom and more competitive and the reason became "Well, look at how many losses you guys all have clearly you aren't that good". There are years where there is a dominate team and the reason is "Other than that team the conference isn't that good". There is apparently always an excuse for the MVFC to not get teams in
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

YSU is the only possible beef for the MVC this season. The schedule gods were not kind to Youngstown. They might have been in at 8-4 if the losses weren't three in a row to finish the year. The committee frowns on late season collapses. SDSU was the same 8-4 but got in with four wins to end the regular season.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

93henfan wrote:YSU is the only possible beef for the MVC this season. The schedule gods were not kind to Youngstown. They might have been in at 8-4 if the losses weren't three in a row to finish the year. The committee frowns on late season collapses. SDSU was the same 8-4 but got in with four wins to end the regular season.
If Youngstown had played SDSU close at the end, they might've gotten in even with the 3 straight losses (IMO). They got clocked, though, and it was no surprise to see them out on selection day.