Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-27

Post by JALMOND »

Finally last week a good one at picking these conference games, going 5-1 (darn you, Weber :D ) which moves me up to 51-14 for the year. Another 5-1, or possibly 6-0 and I can start feeling good about where I am for the year after a shaky start. Six games on the docket with Weber State sitting this week out. Here are my predictions for this weekend.

CP at Sac St---The first real test of the year for the Mustangs as they head on the road to face a formidable opponent, although the Hornets seem to be a better team on the road than at home. Gotta go with the road team...CP 28, Sac St 20.

EWU at SUU---The top ranked Eagles, fresh from recovering in time to beat Sacramento State, head down to meet the Thunderbirds who could not recover in time to beat Weber State. Should the Eagles be concerned? Maybe at first...EWU 48, SUU 21.

ISU at UM---Meet the Bengals, a team that should go crazy with their passing attack against the Grizzlies and that defensive secondary, but probably will take a punch in the nose in the second quarter and go crying to their home...UM 52, ISU 34.

UND at MSU---Another chance for the Dakotans to make a statement that they belong as they go down the road to face the Bobcats who had all last week to recover from their home loss last week against Eastern Washington. Bobcats in the end...MSU 31, UND 28.

NAU at UNC---The Lumberjacks played their version of slow ball last week in beating UC-Davis while the Bears raced all over Idaho State. This game, I like the idea of the Lumberjacks speeding up again while the Bears slow down...NAU 31, UNC 17.

PSU at UCD---The Vikings came out firing at Cal Poly last week while the Aggies found a way to slow down Northern Arizona's offense. The Aggies could not find any offense while the Vikings stayed in front for three quarters. Maybe play the whole game this weekend...PSU 28, UCD 10.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-27

Post by SuperHornet »

Heart: Sac -- Head: CP (less than a TD spread either way).
EWU (big)
UM (huge)
MSU (big)
NAU (huge)
PSU (TD+FG spread)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
jacksdude0109
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NAU

Post by jacksdude0109 »

SuperHornet wrote:Heart: Sac -- Head: CP (less than a TD spread either way).
EWU (big)
UM (huge)
MSU (big)
NAU (huge)
PSU (TD+FG spread)
ditto :clap:
oceanvue
Level1
Level1

Post by oceanvue »

NAU has found every way to win. Offense, defense and special teams. This week the Jacks put it all together. NAU in a bully beat down
jacksdude0109
Level1
Level1

Post by jacksdude0109 »

oceanvue wrote:NAU has found every way to win. Offense, defense and special teams. This week the Jacks put it all together. NAU in a bully beat down
there is no reason why we shouldnt be 8-1 heading into suu. heck we should be 9-1 going into cp. but i know suu will not be as easy as our next two
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote:ISU at UM---Meet the Bengals, a team that should go crazy with their passing attack against the Grizzlies and that defensive secondary, but probably will take a punch in the nose in the second quarter and go crying to their home...UM 52, ISU 34.
UND shredded the Griz because they were able to protect the quarterback better than any team UM's faced (the Griz also blitzed quite a bit & UND picked it up most of the time). I'm guessing ISU, with their terrible O-Line, cannot do the same.
ming01
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by ming01 »

CP
EWU
UM
MSU
NAU
UCD
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Eastern Washington @ Southern Utah (In the battle of the Red and black birds with three good QB's, can you say offensive shootout?)

Northern Arizona @ Northern Colorado (NAU in a blowout.......unless it rains, then its NAU by at least 14)

Idaho State @ Montana (As bad as Montana's fans think they are, they are no where near as bad as Idaho State)

Portland State @ UC Davis (Something tells me this is going to be a very low scoring game)

North Dakota @ Montana State (After getting a huge win against the Griz, UND enters the very unfriendly confines of Bobcat Stadium to meet a rested MSU team)

Cal Poly @ Sacramento State (Almost a make or break kinda game for Sac St, they have a shot, however, they seem to play better on the road than at home)

Weber State BYE
Last edited by Wildcat Ryan on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herky
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sacramento State
A.K.A.: StungAlum

Post by Herky »

Sac (Homer pick)
SUU
NAU
UM
PSU
UND
If it looks like a cow, smells like a cow, and moo's like a cow, it's a UC Davis coed.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:Eastern Washington @ Southern Utah (In the battle of the Red and black birds with two good QB's, can you say offensive shootout?)

Northern Arizona @ Northern Colorado (NAU in a blowout.......unless it rains, then its NAU by at least 14)

Idaho State @ Montana (As bad as Montana's fans think they are, they are no where near as bad as Idaho State)

Portland State @ UC Davis (Something tells me this is going to be a very low scoring game)

North Dakota @ Montana State (After getting a huge win against the Griz, UND enters the very unfriendly confines of Bobcat Stadium to meet a rested MSU team)

Cal Poly @ Sacramento State (Almost a make or break kinda game for Sac St, they have a shot, however, they seem to play better on the road than at home)

Weber State BYE
Three good QB's. 8-)
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

kalm wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:Eastern Washington @ Southern Utah (In the battle of the Red and black birds with two good QB's, can you say offensive shootout?)

Weber State BYE
Three good QB's. 8-)

:doh: fixed :thumb:
Darell1976
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: THE Univ. of North Dakota
A.K.A.: darell1976

Post by Darell1976 »

EWU
NAU
UM
MSU (first meeting since 1983!)
UC Davis
Cal Poly

Tied for 7th place in the Big Sky Challenge 55-10.
2011 GWFC Co-Champs!!!!
Now Playoff Eligible!!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I realize you guys will think I'm just spinning (and there's a pretty good argument for that), but I think are Jeckyll and Hyde issue isn't so much WHERE we play but WHO we play. We seem to be playing to the level of our opponents.

You guys think what you want. This week against CP should be a pretty good indicator of which direction our schizophrenia is REALLY going this year.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Herky
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sacramento State
A.K.A.: StungAlum

Post by Herky »

SuperHornet wrote:I realize you guys will think I'm just spinning (and there's a pretty good argument for that), but I think are Jeckyll and Hyde issue isn't so much WHERE we play but WHO we play. We seem to be playing to the level of our opponents.

You guys think what you want. This week against CP should be a pretty good indicator of which direction our schizophrenia is REALLY going this year.
For once, I completely agree with you :shock:

I've been saying the same thing to my buddies all season.
If it looks like a cow, smells like a cow, and moo's like a cow, it's a UC Davis coed.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CP at Sac State – 27-24. Although I think we make this a close game this is a homer pick. I can’t give up on our playoff hopes unless we lose this game...and hopefully we do not hence my homer pick.

EWU at SUU – 34-21. EWU’s offense can only be stopped by themselves. After last weeks scare I think they come out and take care of business.

ISU at UM – 49-14. A total blow out, it looks like ISU has given up on the season.

UND at MSU – 31-28. UND recovered at home against and look to make some noise on the road. I think they keep it close but lose. An upset here wouldn’t surprise me.

NAU at UNC – 35-10. The only way this one is close is if NAU pulls a no show.

PSU at cal davis – 24-13. PSU hung with CP for a while and this is a winnable game if their defense can get pressure. The Viking offense will need to move the ball though.

WSU vs Bye – The Wildcats don’t lose for the 2nd week in a row.
LDopaPDX
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by LDopaPDX »

Sac State over Cal Poly, 35-31
The Good Guys over Southern Utah, 38-21
Montana over Idaho State, 55-28
Montana State over North Dakota, 38-28
Northern Arizona over UNC, 27-20
UC Davis over Portland State, 26-23
Bye over Weber State, 17-13 After taking a 13-3 lead, Jody Sears call for the prevent defense in the second quarter and stays with it until the final drive. Even with no men on the field, Bye is able to work the ball underneath for short yardage and move down the field for two TD scoring drives including the game-winner.
Last edited by LDopaPDX on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDopaPDX
Level1
Level1

Post by LDopaPDX »

Interesting fact, Idaho State has given up more than 50 points to every D-I team they've played sans one, who scored 49. They've already given up more than 70 twice. Time for the defense to call an attorney, someone is pushing them around.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Upset of the week, UND over the Bobcats in a high scoring affair of course.
jacksdude0109
Level1
Level1

Post by jacksdude0109 »

LDopaPDX wrote:Sac State over Cal Poly, 35-31
Bye over Weber State, 17-13 After taking a 13-3 lead, Jody Sears call for the prevent defense in the second quarter and stays with it until the final drive. Even with no men on the field, Bye is able to work the ball underneath for short yardage and move down the field for two TD scoring drives including the game-winner.
wow thats a close game between nau and noco
mlbowl
Supporter
Supporter

Post by mlbowl »

Gil Dobie wrote:Upset of the week, UND over the Bobcats in a high scoring affair of course.

As much as I would love for that to happen, I don't see UND beating msu in Bozeman.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. - Coach Finstock
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Portland St. 28-31 UC DavisCoin flip time…

Cal Poly 27-24 Sac State — Sac can stop the run, but I think CP's defense will win the day

EWU 34-24 Suutah — Like Montana, the T-Birds play good teams tough—they just don't win

Idaho St. 21-52 MontanaThere's struggling, and then there's Idaho State

NoDak 20-35 Montana St.It's out of Alerus & the Bobcats lead the league in pass defense

NAU 35-14 NoCo — Any halfway decent defense can make Seth Lobato look pretty bad
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

LDopaPDX wrote:Sac State over Cal Poly, 35-31
Ha, sounds eerily like the 2004 Sam Houston playoff game. Or any other game EWU loss with Sears as the DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

I'm still one game up on Jalmond, 52-13, after having a bad set of picks last week.

EWU 42 @ 27 SUU

NAU 34 @ 17 UNC

ISU 20 @ 55 UM

UND 24 @ 38 MSU

PSU 28 @ 24 UCD

CP 31 @ 24 SAC

All road teams except for the Montana schools win.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

I thought my pick of PSU over UCD was going out on a limb. I diddn't realize it was going to be a consencious pick.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

JALMOND wrote:I thought my pick of PSU over UCD was going out on a limb. I diddn't realize it was going to be a consencious pick.
I initially had UCD winning, but after looking at the stats closer, I think PSU will pull it out by running the ball and controlling the clock. UCD's run D is pretty average. Outside of that, both teams are fairly evenly matched, so every turnover will be huge.