Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JMUpurplehazed
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: James Madison
A.K.A.: Purplehazed

Richmond @ JMU

Post by JMUpurplehazed »

I hope to see well over 25,000 at this game, Homecoming after a big road win against #5 William & Mary.

Let's take Richmond apart and get this program back on the tracks after two 6-5 seasons! :nod:
James Madison University --- Better than you since 1908...
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Richmond @ JMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JMU injury report:

Offense:
-#51 Returning starting rSo OL Scott Jones (6'5", 290), knee surgery in Spring, anticipated back in Oct.
-#88 Returning starting Jr WR & 4 star UVA transfer Quentin Hunter (6'1", 210), torn achilles in Spring, started practicing sometime during summer camp, hasn't played yet, don't know what's the deal with him

Defense:
-#49 Starting rSr DT Nick Emmons (6'3", 260): knee injury week before opener, hasn't played yet, questionable for UR.
-#98 Starting Jr DT Sean ONeil (6'4", 265): torn ACL vs CCSU, out for season, will get redshirt.
-#56 2 deep rSo DT Jordan Stanton (6'4", 255"): hyper extended elbow vs W&M, questionable for UR
-#2 2 Deep rJr OLB Jamie Veney (6'2", 225)(starter 08'-09', redshirt 10')- hamstring injured vs UNC. DNP vs CCSU, Liberty, W&M. questionable for UR.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
ODUalum11
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Monarchs, Gators, Huskies

Post by ODUalum11 »

I like JMU in this one.
JmuSkinsfan
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: JmuSkinsfan

Post by JmuSkinsfan »

JMUpurplehazed wrote:I hope to see well over 25,000 at this game, Homecoming after a big road win against #5 William & Mary.

Let's take Richmond apart and get this program back on the tracks after two 6-5 seasons! :nod:
Should be absolutely rocking. This game has been sold out for a while ... and last I heard, which was last Tuesday, 6,000 of the 8,000 student tickets had been sold (in a little over a day) ... they are likely gone by now or very close to being gone. Add in that it's homecoming weekend ... and the place is going to be rocking...hard...
PenthouseClosedEnd
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Richmond

Post by PenthouseClosedEnd »

I don't think our injury report is going to be a pretty one either...

BDK, So what do the statistics tell you about this one? Let's dig into the numbers a little bit.
mcveyrl
Level2
Level2
A.K.A.: mcveyrl

Post by mcveyrl »

I can tell you this...if we don't defend the pass better, we're toast...
State Line Liquors
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by State Line Liquors »

PenthouseClosedEnd wrote:I don't think our injury report is going to be a pretty one either...

BDK, So what do the statistics tell you about this one? Let's dig into the numbers a little bit.
Yeah, and how big are the guys that won't be playing because they're injured? Preferably a height and weight.
PenthouseClosedEnd
Level2
Level2

State Line Liquors wrote:
PenthouseClosedEnd wrote:I don't think our injury report is going to be a pretty one either...

Yeah, and how big are the guys that won't be playing because they're injured? Preferably a height and weight.
Well, that would be silly since they're not playing. But the relevant heights and weights of all players in the 2-deep and the corresponding differential would really help in evaluating this tilt.

Are 40 times from the skill position players available?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Thorpe suspension rumor:
http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.ph ... orpe-Rumor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ODUalum11 wrote:I like JMU in this one.
I don't, but I think they'll win.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote:Thorpe suspension rumor:
http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.ph ... orpe-Rumor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apparently more than a rumor:
http://www.csnwashington.com/09/26/11/J ... eedID=9656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JMU's new starting QB:
http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.db ... EASON=2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HS video fropm TX 5A power Midland Lee:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
State Line Liquors
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by State Line Liquors »

Talk about letting your teammates down.
PenthouseClosedEnd
Level2
Level2

Maybe Latrell Scott and Justin Thorpe can get together and watch the game in a basement somewhere in Mechanicsville or Eastern Henrico County.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Now we know why Thorpe was woozy in the 4th quarter Saturday night against W&M and had to come out of the game. Dehydration my butt. The drugs were wearing off.
Sucks for JMU fans and teammates.
JmuSkinsfan
Level1
Level1

Post by JmuSkinsfan »

Here's to hoping Jace is as advertised. A lot of people expected Kansas State transfer Billy Cosh to push Thorpe in the spring for the starting position ... but instead it was rFr Jace Edwards. According to someone on the team, Jace is a pure passer and has a hell of an arm. Outside of that and his HS recruiting videos, JMU fans don't have much to go on. Edwards went to Texas powerhouse Midland Lee and judging by his videos he looks like he's got some serious legs too. He may be a good fit in our offense.
mcveyrl
Level2
Level2

Post by mcveyrl »

PenthouseClosedEnd wrote:Maybe Latrell Scott and Justin Thorpe can get together and watch the game in a basement somewhere in Mechanicsville or Eastern Henrico County.

No isht! I blame Richmond for all of this...Clearly the city, university and all involved, have character issues :D

FWIW, those "in the know" on the 'zone are saying it's second hand smoke... :rofl: :rofl:

I immediately remembered why I don't frequent the 'zone.
JmuSkinsfan
Level1
Level1

Post by JmuSkinsfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Now we know why Thorpe was woozy in the 4th quarter Saturday night against W&M and had to come out of the game. Dehydration my butt. The drugs were wearing off.
Sucks for JMU fans and teammates.
So here is the crappy thing, and makes me kinda feel bad for JT. Apparently he had done this before and tested positive. Going into the season he told his teammates he was going to straighten out and focus on being the leader this team needed. Players saw a big change in him and that was definitely showing by his on-the-field leadership. Well, apparently the people he still hangs out with partake in this fun recreational activity (who doesn't have friends that smoke when in college?) ... and I guess he got himself into a situation where he strongly believes he tested positive 2nd hand. He's devastated (for obvious reasons) for letting everyone down and swears he hasn't smoked since last year. I feel for the kid if that's true. If he genuinely cut himself off from that lifestyle and gets taken down by a trace of weed ... I know "contact highs" aren't supposed to get you positive tests but if your roommates are constantly smoking it may be possible. Mickey has a 5 game mandatory suspension for repeat offenders so clearly JT tested positive prior to this ... but apparently his first 3 years at JMU he chose to indulge ... truely unfortunate.
JmuSkinsfan
Level1
Level1

Post by JmuSkinsfan »

mcveyrl wrote:
PenthouseClosedEnd wrote:Maybe Latrell Scott and Justin Thorpe can get together and watch the game in a basement somewhere in Mechanicsville or Eastern Henrico County.

No isht! I blame Richmond for all of this...Clearly the city, university and all involved, have character issues :D

FWIW, those "in the know" on the 'zone are saying it's second hand smoke... :rofl: :rofl:

I'm just sayin ... it is certainly possible if you are in a closed quarters ... say ... a car? But at that point ... you have to realize you should not be there in the first place. That's certainly a judgment call ... but if he genuinely cut himself off to improve himself, his game and his lifestyle ... only to be taken down like that ... I have some sympathy.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Four JMU players popped on a drug test, huh?

mcveyrl
Level2
Level2

Post by mcveyrl »

JmuSkinsfan wrote:
mcveyrl wrote:

I'm just sayin ... it is certainly possible if you are in a closed quarters ... say ... a car? But at that point ... you have to realize you should not be there in the first place. That's certainly a judgment call ... but if he genuinely cut himself off to improve himself, his game and his lifestyle ... only to be taken down like that ... I have some sympathy.

So what we're saying is that at worst he showed terribly horrendous judgment unbecoming of a leader (he's got a C on his jersey...) - my understanding is that he would have to be basically surrounded by smoke to produce a positive test. OR...he took his chances in between tests, thinking he had "a pattern" figured out and got busted doing something he had admittedly done for three years.

And I'm with you. If it's true that he had straightened out and didn't smoke, I feel bad for him; but something triggered the positive, and like I said over on the other board, there should be back-up testing in place to deal with a situation like this. I'm assuming the back-up was utilitzed before anything was announced.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

JmuSkinsfan wrote: So here is the crappy thing, and makes me kinda feel bad for JT. Apparently he had done this before and tested positive. Going into the season he told his teammates he was going to straighten out and focus on being the leader this team needed. Players saw a big change in him and that was definitely showing by his on-the-field leadership. Well, apparently the people he still hangs out with partake in this fun recreational activity (who doesn't have friends that smoke when in college?) ... and I guess he got himself into a situation where he strongly believes he tested positive 2nd hand. He's devastated (for obvious reasons) for letting everyone down and swears he hasn't smoked since last year. I feel for the kid if that's true. If he genuinely cut himself off from that lifestyle and gets taken down by a trace of weed ... I know "contact highs" aren't supposed to get you positive tests but if your roommates are constantly smoking it may be possible. Mickey has a 5 game mandatory suspension for repeat offenders so clearly JT tested positive prior to this ... but apparently his first 3 years at JMU he chose to indulge ... truely unfortunate.
You feel sorry for him? :shock:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Leadership"...it's not a fun version of the Good Ship Lollipop.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Maybe Thorpe likes poppy seed muffins...
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

So who were the other three players and were they all contact highs as well?
mcveyrl
Level2
Level2

Post by mcveyrl »

93henfan wrote:So who were the other three players and were they all contact highs as well?

Nobody knows, but yes, I think we can only assume that there was a huge party where players were doing the anti-Clinton...they were inhaling, but not smoking... :D