Big South Power Rankings and Week 4 Discussion

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Liberty University

Big South Power Rankings and Week 4 Discussion

Post by ToTheLeft »

1. Liberty - On a week where everyone lost, the Flames self-induced loss to a top 15 team is more than enough to keep them on top.

2. Coastal - Didn't even try against UGA, but who can blame them? CDB is getting the cats and dogs ready for conference play.

3. SBU - If anyone else had won this week, we'd have to move SBU down for their loss at Brown, but by default, they stay put.

4. Presby - Actually scored against Cal. This offense might be able to frighten, or beat, some Big South competition.

5. VMI - Continue to hang in there against good teams, however, they were also unable to beat Del St...

6. G-W - Scored against Wake, so that's something...

7. CSU - Lost to Jacksonville, giving the 'Phins their first win over a program that gives out schollies since last year's opener against newbie ODU, and before that, a 2008 trip to Savannah St., and before that a win over newbie Coastal Carolina in 2003! Not good company to be joining.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Big South Power Rankings and Week 4 Discussion

Post by Ibanez »

ToTheLeft wrote: Coastal - Didn't even try against UGA, but who can blame them? CDB is getting the cats and dogs ready for conference play.
I don't know. I was there, the Chants were trying thier hardest up to the last minute. They weren't letting the O or D lines walk over them. They struggled against a stronger and faster team. Coastal was pushing, rushing, blocking, passing as best they could against a defense that was quick to put pressure on the QB and close the pocket.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ToTheLeft »

Next week:

Liberty @ Lehigh (ESPN3)
CCU @ NCAT
VMI @ Akron
CSU @ Norfolk St.
Presby @ Furman
Lafayette @ SBU
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ToTheLeft »

Ibanez wrote:
ToTheLeft wrote: Coastal - Didn't even try against UGA, but who can blame them? CDB is getting the cats and dogs ready for conference play.
I don't know. I was there, the Chants were trying thier hardest up to the last minute. They weren't letting the O or D lines walk over them. They struggled against a stronger and faster team. Coastal was pushing, rushing, blocking, passing as best they could against a defense that was quick to put pressure on the QB and close the pocket.
I think "didn't even try" should be "didn't have a chance" but I wanted to be nice. 8-)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

ToTheLeft wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
I think "didn't even try" should be "didn't have a chance" but I wanted to be nice. 8-)

Say what you mean, subtle comments don't convey well. :twocents: :thumb: They didn't have a chance, but damnit those boys sure did try. You should've seen them, pushing back the Georgia offense at the 5, pushing as hard as they could so that the reciever wouldn't get the Touchdown. They failed, but they didn't make it too easy. UGA ran the score up in that game, it was bad. I guess when you are 0-2 and you have a weaker school to beat on, you take it all out on them. I hope GT beats thier ass. I look forward to Liberty and Coastal, that was always a favorite game of mine when I was a student.

On a side note, how in the HELL does Clemson beat Auburn?! What the hell was that?!?!?!?!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kdinva
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: VMI
A.K.A.: kd

Post by kdinva »

ToTheLeft wrote:Next week:

Liberty @ Lehigh (ESPN3)
CCU @ NCAT
VMI @ Akron
CSU @ Norfolk St.
Presby @ Furman
Lafayette @ SBU
Chuck south hosts Norfolk st...... ;)
1-AA is tops!!
kdinva
Level1
Level1

Post by kdinva »

Liberty @ Lehigh (ESPN3)
CCU @ NC-A&T
VMI @ Akron
Norfolk St. @ CSU
Presby @ Furman
Lafayette @ SBU
1-AA is tops!!
rebla 49er
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The 49ers

Post by rebla 49er »

Poor Stony Brook has had a really rough go of it in its opening weeks. First a close loss to C-USA team Texas El Paso and a 21-20 loss to UPS. :(
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
-Benjamin Franklin
Seawolf97
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: StonyBrook
A.K.A.: SBU

Post by Seawolf97 »

158 yards in penalities did us in. Cant win many games doing that. So far I think our best game this season was against UTEP. We just couldnt shake them down the stretch.
PenthouseClosedEnd
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Richmond

Post by PenthouseClosedEnd »

FWIW, I was really impressed by VMI's effort last night. They put a scare in us in the 4th quarter.

Why did the Keydets go away from the Triple Option? Seems like they're easier to game plan for now.
kdinva
Level1
Level1

Post by kdinva »

PenthouseClosedEnd wrote:FWIW, I was really impressed by VMI's effort last night. They put a scare in us in the 4th quarter.

Why did the Keydets go away from the Triple Option? Seems like they're easier to game plan for now.
Sparky Woods is not an option coach, and I have no idea who was wearing the VMI uniforms the first 36 minutes of the game. Looked like Looney Toons in the white jerseys for a while. If Jones doesn't fumble at the UR 2 in the 1st period, maybe VMI gets with it in the first half, and the final three periods are fully competitive.
1-AA is tops!!