Football Championship Subdivision discussions
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Colonial Athletic Association Picks for Week #3

Post by CAA Flagship »

∞∞∞ wrote:Gotta say that the ODU talk over at AGS is pretty funny. Do our fans even post there?

ps. It's also a bit funny that ODU fans have been for the most part realistic, but non-ODU fans haven't.
Just wait till next week leading to the Old Dominion - Delaware game. I promise that I will be very unrealistic if we beat Hampton this week. :D
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

LastMinuteman wrote:I guarantee that UMass won't have a loss in the standings next week.
How about a win?
Dukie95
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: James Madison University

Post by Dukie95 »

Monmouth @ Villanova (3:30 pm)
Delaware State @ Delaware (6:00 pm)
VMI @ Richmond (6:00 pm)
Hampton @ Old Dominion (6:00 pm)
Maine @ Albany (6:00 pm)
Rhode Island @ Massachusetts (6:30 pm)
James Madison @ Liberty (7:00 pm)
New Haven @ William & Mary (7:00 pm)

Bonus/Future Member CAA pick:

Georgia State @ Jacksonville State (3:30 pm, ESPN3.com)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

ODUalum11 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Well you wait until now, Monday, to say that, which is now time to start talking about this week's games... :roll:

Why don't you just go ahead and start a week 4 prediction thread while you're at it, seeing as how you want to get ahead of things :roll:
who cares when I start it? Just to piss you off even more I might do that. I apolgize for being excited about ODU and CAA football. :roll:
Sat night I expect you to have the Week 4 CAA prediction thread up by the time I get to my hotel room after the JMU @ Liberty game. Don't disappoint me...
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SpiderFan5
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Richmond Spiders

Post by SpiderFan5 »

kdinva wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: VMI @ Richmond (6:00 pm) - this one should be brutal
as brutal as you predicted yesterday's VMI-W&M game? If W&M played UR tomorrow, W&M would win.
:rofl:
ImageImage
SpiderFan5
Level1
Level1

Post by SpiderFan5 »

Monmouth @ Villanova
Delaware State @ Delaware
VMI @ Richmond
Hampton @ Old Dominion
Maine @ Albany
Rhode Island @ Massachusetts
James Madison @ Liberty
New Haven @ William & Mary
ImageImage
Tribal
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The Tribe

Post by Tribal »

SpiderFan5 wrote:
kdinva wrote:
as brutal as you predicted yesterday's VMI-W&M game? If W&M played UR tomorrow, W&M would win.
:rofl:
Only a few games ago, W&M beat UR 41-3. Not sure I'd be rolling on the floor at this point. I wouldn't predict that type of blowout right now, but I wouldn't :rofl: either.
SpiderFan5
Level1
Level1

Post by SpiderFan5 »

Tribal wrote:
SpiderFan5 wrote: :rofl:
Only a few games ago, W&M beat UR 41-3. Not sure I'd be rolling on the floor at this point. I wouldn't predict that type of blowout right now, but I wouldn't :rofl: either.
You say a few games ago as if it was still this season. We don't have 20 injuries or a nobody coaching us anymore. It will all be settled November 19th.
ImageImage
SpiderFan5
Level1
Level1

Post by SpiderFan5 »

Tribal wrote:
SpiderFan5 wrote: :rofl:
You say a few games ago as if it was still this season. We don't have 20 injuries or a nobody coaching us anymore. Sure, we wouldn't dominate, but after 2 games a piece I'd have to take UR even from an honest standpoint. It will all be settled November 19th.
ImageImage
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

Monmouth @ Villanova (3:30 pm)
Delaware State @ Delaware (6:00 pm)
VMI @ Richmond (6:00 pm)
Hampton @ Old Dominion (6:00 pm)
Maine @ Albany (6:00 pm)
Rhode Island @ Massachusetts (6:30 pm)
James Madison @ Liberty (7:00 pm)
New Haven @ William & Mary (7:00 pm)

Bonus/Future Member CAA pick:

Georgia State @ Jacksonville State (3:30 pm, ESPN3.com)
mcveyrl
Level2
Level2
A.K.A.: mcveyrl

Post by mcveyrl »

Just an FYI...JMU/Liberty is also on ESPN3. And I don't see GSU/JSU on there, but it's probably part of their Gameplan.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Have one 3:30 PM game, four 6 PM games, one 6:30 PM game, two 7 PM games, so 7 of 8 are night games under the lights.

vs I-AA OOC

JMU @ Liberty (7:00 pm: ESPN3). In the CAA game of the week. JMU 24-17 in the upset of the week.
JMU so far:-------------------------Liberty so far:
L @ UNC 42-10-------------------- L @ NC State 42-21 (NC State scored 2 non offensive TDs
W CCSU 14-9----------------------W Robert Morris 38-7

JMU got worked over by UNC and followed that with a bad outing last week vs CCSU. Rushed for 342 but turned the ball over 5x, including a fumble at the one and on a kickoff, and allowed CCSU to score on the last play of the game. After an unpleasant week in Harrisonburg, finally comes out firing on all cylinders, bringing their A game to Falwellville, tying or winning the turnover battle.

Delaware State @ Delaware (6 PM): by 2-3 TDs.
UD so far:---------------------------Del State so far:
L @ Navy 40-17---------------------W VMI 24-21
W (Div II) West Chester 28-17----W (Div II) Shaw 31-27

UD certainly looked horrible last week in being outgained by Div II West Chester 360-315, being up only 21-17 in the 4th before winning 28-17, despite winning the turnover battle 3-0, including a pick 6. Del State is probably a notch or 2 better than WCU, but UD plays their 2nd game with their backup QB much better.

VMI @ Richmond (6 PM) by 3-4 TDs.
UR so far:--------------VMI so far:
W @ Duke 24-23--------L Del State 24-21
W Wagner 21-6---------L W&M 24-7

UR laid a turd last week in beating preseason 7th pick in the 9 team NEC (by both the NEC coaches and Phil Steele) Wagner, turning the ball over 5 times (-4 in TOs), and allowing a 78 yard Wagner TD that was called back for holding. VMI, who lost to W&M at home last week 24-7, is probably better than Wagner, but UR plays better this Sat.

Maine @ Albany (6 PM). Maine by 1-2 TDs.
Maine so far:---------Albany so far:
W Bryant 28-13-------L @ Colgate 37-34 (OT)
L @ Pitt 35-29

Maine beat likely top half of the NEC Bryant 28-13, but they were up 28-0 in the 4th qtr. Lost @ Pitt only 35-29, but were down 35-15 in the middle of the 4th qtr. Albany and Central Connecticut may be the top 2 teams in the NEC, and this is at Albany, so I think this stays relatively close. This will make the CAA 4-0 vs the NEC

Monmouth @ Villanova (3:30 PM): by a TD or less.
Villanova so far:-------Monmouth so far:
L @ Temple 42-7------L Lehigh 49-24
L @ Towson 31-10

Right now things are looking bleak for Nova. Article in my local paper from this past Mon:
http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011 ... viewmode=2
As JMU and UR have already seen, 5 turnovers against an NEC team = close game. JMU and UR are good enough to do that and still win. Nova isn’t. But Nova comes out around even in the turnover dept and struggles to get their 1st win against a mid pack NEC team, moving the CAA to 5-0 vs the NEC.

Hampton @ Old Dominion (6 PM) by 1-2 TDs in game 1 for the Tidewater Championship.
ODU so far:------------Hampton so far:
W Cambell 41-14-------W Alabama A&M 21-20
W @ GST 40-17--------W Fla A&M 23-17

Rhode Island @ Massachusetts (6:30 PM: CSN MA, CSN NE, CSN P) by a TD or less in the only game between 2 CAA teams:
UMass so far:------------URI so far:
W Holy Cross 24-16-------L @ Syracuse 21-14

URI was tied with Cuse 14 a piece until Cuse scored the winning TD about mid way through 4th qtr. URI held Cuse to 36 yds rushing. Still got to go with UMass here.

New Haven @ William & Mary (7:00 pm) by 3-4 TDs
W&M so far:-----------New Haven so far:
L @ UVGay 40-3-------W (OT) West Chester 35-32
W VMI 24-7----------W St Augustine’s College 50-14

A couple of weeks ago I would have said this would be a laugher. Now not so sure, as W&M hasn’t looked good the 1st 2 weeks, and New Haven beat West Chester, who just gave UD all they could handle. So this game doesn’t quite reach 5+ TD blowout status.

Byes: UNH, Towson
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
easterntennhen
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by easterntennhen »

Liberty 23 James madison 21. Delaware 42 delaware state 13. Old dominion 35 hampton 16. UMASS 27 rhode island 23. Villanova 20 monmouth 7. Richmond 45 VMI 14. William&mary 41 new haven 21. Jacksonville state 38 georgia state 24. Maine 27 albany 17
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Villanova 21 Monmouth 15 - May be VU's only shot at a win the rest of the way - starting a true FR QB, but Monmouth is horrific compared to CAA competition.

Delaware 41 DelState 17 - Look for UD to still have some issues on defense but to look better on offense, AP will rush for 150+.

Richmond 31 VMI 10 - VMI still stinks & UR will improve off of last week's letdown game vs Wagner

ODU 34 Hampton 21 - Game won't be real close, Hampton scores a TD or 2 in 4th qtr.

Maine 28 Albany 14 - I like the way Maine did at Heinz Field last week, if you can hang w/ a Big East team you can push around the NEC.

URI 34 UMass 17 - UMass didn't play last week which isn't a great thing to do in September, especially with no clear QB. URI makes a statement to the rest of the league.

Liberty 16 JMU 10 - JMU is starting to get banged up & hasn't had their offense figured out in reality since Landers left the Montana game limping off, this is Liberty's Super Bowl.

W&M 38 New Haven 7 - I know W&M has had some major offensive struggles so far, but they run for major yardage this week & an easy win.

Bye 17 Towson 10 - Towson comes back to reality & Bye's students rush the field.

UNH 49 Idle 35 - Same old story no matter who the Wildcats lineup against, they have a potent offense, but can't seem to stop anybody.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
SumItUp
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty Flames

Post by SumItUp »

bluehenbillk wrote:
Liberty 16 JMU 10 - JMU is starting to get banged up & hasn't had their offense figured out in reality since Landers left the Montana game limping off, this is Liberty's Super Bowl.
Big game, absolutely, but it is not the Super Bowl. Liberty's Super Bowl is being played in Frisco on January 7th.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

SumItUp wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:
Big game, absolutely, but it is not the Super Bowl. Liberty's Super Bowl is being played in Frisco on January 7th.
:lol: Man, I give you guys some love and you go way overboard. Gonna have to call a violation on that thought. :flag:
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Tribe4SF
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: William and Mary

Post by Tribe4SF »

BDKJMU wrote: New Haven @ William & Mary (7:00 pm) by 3-4 TDs
W&M so far:-----------New Haven so far:
L @ UVGay 40-3-------W (OT) West Chester 35-32
W VMI 24-17----------W St Augustine’s College 50-14

A couple of weeks ago I would have said this would be a laugher. Now not so sure, as W&M hasn’t looked good the 1st 2 weeks, and New Haven beat West Chester, who just gave UD all they could handle. So this game doesn’t quite reach 5+ TD blowout status.

Byes: UNH, Towson
W&M/VMI score was 24-7.
Go Tribe!!!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

bluehenbillk wrote:Villanova 21 Monmouth 15 - May be VU's only shot at a win the rest of the way - starting a true FR QB, but Monmouth is horrific compared to CAA competition.
They host Penn next week. They certainly have a good shot at a win there. Don't think they'll go 0 for 8 in the CAA. Think they'll beat someone in the 2nd half of CAA play, as 3 of those 4 are at home (yeah, I know, Chester will be like a UD home game). Just can't decide who. Me thinks they finish 3-8/1-7 (3 weeks ago was saying 5-6/3-5).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Lines came out yesterday evening:

JMU (+3½) @ Liberty
Delaware State (+35) @ Delaware
VMI (+32½) @ Richmond
Maine (-11½) @ Albany
Hampton (+13) @ Old Dominion
Rhode Island (+7½) @ Massachusetts

No lines for Villanova/Monmouth and W&M/New Haven.
Tribal
Level1
Level1

Post by Tribal »

BDKJMU wrote:Lines came out yesterday evening:

JMU (+3½) @ Liberty
Delaware State (+35) @ Delaware
VMI (+32½) @ Richmond
Maine (-11½) @ Albany
Hampton (+13) @ Old Dominion
Rhode Island (+7½) @ Massachusetts

No lines for Villanova/Monmouth and W&M/New Haven.

I have UD winning big, but 32+ points? Is D State that bad?
Tribal
Level1
Level1

Post by Tribal »

SpiderFan5 wrote:
Tribal wrote:
You say a few games ago as if it was still this season. We don't have 20 injuries or a nobody coaching us anymore. It will all be settled November 19th.
I said a few games ago because...it WAS a few games ago. If that's hard to follow I can repost it for emphasis. My point--again--is I wouldn't be :rofl: because that looks as if you believe there is no way W&M could beat UR.
PenthouseClosedEnd
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Richmond

Post by PenthouseClosedEnd »

Tribal wrote:
SpiderFan5 wrote: You say a few games ago as if it was still this season. We don't have 20 injuries or a nobody coaching us anymore. It will all be settled November 19th.
I said a few games ago because...it WAS a few games ago. If that's hard to follow I can repost it for emphasis. My point--again--is I wouldn't be :rofl: because that looks as if you believe there is no way W&M could beat UR.
Well I guess it depends what your definition of 'a few' games is. My definition of 'a few' is 75 games. Richmond has beaten the griffins 5 times in the 'last few games' in my view.

Fair?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SpiderFan5
Level1
Level1

Post by SpiderFan5 »

Tribal wrote:
SpiderFan5 wrote: You say a few games ago as if it was still this season. We don't have 20 injuries or a nobody coaching us anymore. It will all be settled November 19th.
A new season is a new season. Obviously UR wouldn't kill W&M and it wouldn't be crazy if the Tribe won, but based on the first two games I thought it was funny how W&M would somehow be the favorite
ImageImage
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Richmond

Post by PenthouseClosedEnd »

SpiderFan5 wrote:
Tribal wrote:
A new season is a new season. Obviously UR wouldn't kill W&M and it wouldn't be crazy if the Tribe won, but based on the first two games I thought it was funny how W&M would somehow be the favorite
Stop speaking so rationally here. We only got our butts kicked by them 3 football saturdays ago (excluding playoffs). :blink:
MadMaxMonarch
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: ODU

Post by MadMaxMonarch »

Monmouth @ Villanova
Delaware State @ Delaware
VMI @ Richmond
Hampton @ Old Dominion
Maine @ Albany
Rhode Island @ Massachusetts
James Madison @ Liberty
New Haven @ William & Mary

Bonus future CAA pick
Georgia State @ Jacksonville State
Last edited by MadMaxMonarch on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.