BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Weber vs Cal-Poly SLO

Post by BigApp »

discuss
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
pantherrob82
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: UNI, Montana, UNH, McNees

Re: Weber vs Cal-Poly SLO

Post by pantherrob82 »

This seems like it will be a good game. Weber screwed themselves over with the loss against EWU. Now if they make the 2nd round, they're headed to Missoula.
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

pantherrob82 wrote:This seems like it will be a good game. Weber screwed themselves over with the loss against EWU. Now if they make the 2nd round, they're headed to Missoula.

As you know, I saw them at Wisconsin yesterday. OMG. This is Cap'n Cat's darkhorse to win it all.

If it ain't UNI......

:o
skinny_uncle
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: SIU

Post by skinny_uncle »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
pantherrob82 wrote:This seems like it will be a good game. Weber screwed themselves over with the loss against EWU. Now if they make the 2nd round, they're headed to Missoula.

As you know, I saw them at Wisconsin yesterday. OMG. This is Cap'n Cat's darkhorse to win it all.

If it ain't UNI......

Fancy running into you again.
:shock:
"You know you are getting old when time flies whether you are having fun or not."

Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cap'n Cat »

skinny_uncle wrote:
Cap'n Cat wrote:

If it ain't UNI......

Fancy running into you again.
:shock:

Love ya, unky. You're my favorite Saluki guy!!!!!

Go MVFC!!!!!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote:

If it ain't UNI......

You think Weber had ANY idea that THIS was on the line against EWU? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THAT loss just cost them a shot at a deep run into the playoffs....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Poly by 7
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Weber needs to look at the Montana/CP tape to see how to beat the Mustangs: power run right at them & keep the Mustang offense off the field. Weber has Trevyn Smith, but I'm not sure they have the physicality on offense that the Griz have, so I think the Mustangs will win.
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Cap'n Cat »

Cal Poly by 20+
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

Cap'n Cat wrote:Cal Poly by 20+
That's a mighty bold statement. I believe Cal Poly will win but now by that much.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Weber needs to look at the Montana/CP tape to see how to beat the Mustangs: power run right at them & keep the Mustang offense off the field. Weber has Trevyn Smith, but I'm not sure they have the physicality on offense that the Griz have, so I think the Mustangs will win.
I think Weber wins. Their offenses are about equal, but I give the defensive edge to Weber.

Weber 41
Cal Poly 38
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Where are all those Weber folks...they lose a game and disappear???

How do you spell BANDWAGON in 2008??? W-E-B-E-R.......

Cal Poly 42 Weber State 21
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

Col Hogan wrote:Where are all those Weber folks...they lose a game and disappear???

How do you spell BANDWAGON in 2008??? W-E-B-E-R.......

Cal Poly 42 Weber State 21
I'm with Colonel on this one.....well, almost,......38-24
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
SUUTbird
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Southern Utah
A.K.A.: SUU T-Birds

Post by SUUTbird »

I am going to have to go with the Mustangs on this one, go GWC!! I think Cal Poly did unbelieveable job taking on Wisconsin going into their house and their dang kicked losing the game for them again! Weber will have their hands full and i think the triple option attack of Cal Poly will be to much for them:

Score:
Cal Poly: 49
Weber 38
Montucky
I am a fan of: Montana GRIZZZ

Post by Montucky »

Both teams have good/great offenses, should be a high scoring affair. I am getting the impression that Weber may have peaked a little early this year. We'll see if they can crank it back up for the first round, but CalP is a waaay tough draw. As a Grizzz fan, I am not really looking forward to a rematch with either team, but it looks like we will get it (assuming we roll over Texas St). These regular season matchups and playoff 'prove it' games are what make good rivalries.

CP- 45

Weber 32
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Every time it looks like it should be a shoot out between to great offenses it seems like it turns into a defensive battle for me so I'm gonna go with the opposite of what I think it should be.

Weber State 23
Cal Poly 21

Weber gets a FG in the final two minutes to win it.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Every time it looks like it should be a shoot out between to great offenses it seems like it turns into a defensive battle for me so I'm gonna go with the opposite of what I think it should be.

Weber State 23
Cal Poly 21

A sure bet...Cal Poly won't get a field goal in the final two minutes...or the first two minutes...or any in between...if they don't fix that issue... :shock:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Col Hogan wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Every time it looks like it should be a shoot out between to great offenses it seems like it turns into a defensive battle for me so I'm gonna go with the opposite of what I think it should be.

Weber State 23
Cal Poly 21

A sure bet...Cal Poly won't get a field goal in the final two minutes...or the first two minutes...or any in between...if they don't fix that issue... :shock:
Yeah, I almost picked "20" as the score since there is a distinct possibility of a missed XP...no chance of two FG's though.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
Col Hogan wrote: A sure bet...Cal Poly won't get a field goal in the final two minutes...or the first two minutes...or any in between...if they don't fix that issue... :shock:
Yeah, I almost picked "20" as the score since there is a distinct possibility of a missed XP...no chance of two FG's though.
Not unless they attempt 5. :shock:
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Cal poly is going to beat weber st. just like I SAID the eagles would. weber st...... they had a good run. but even if they beat cal poly, the griz wont fall a second time.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

How can you say Montana's offense is more physical than Weber State's?

If I remember right, back on Oct 4th, Montana's "physical" offense allowed Weber State to sack Bergquist 7 times. :o

Montana didnt get to Higgins ALL DAY :roll:

And a Montana defense that allowed only 80 yards rushing in the games before their game vs Weber, let Trevyn Smith run for 160 yards on them.

Trevyn Smith averages 150 yards a game, and has a total of 1344 rushing yards.

Montana's Chase Reynolds only has 995 yards total. :roll:

Weber's offensive line allowes about 1 sack a game. Why do you think Higgins only needs 292 yards to reach 4000 yards on the season?

Bergquist has 2457 yards. :roll:

Weber State has the best Offense in the Big Sky for a reason. 8-)
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Why should I run and Hide?

Despite the EWU setback, Weber State is still the Big Sky Champions.

I have been a Weber State fan for 15 years, and Im only 21. I have never and will never give up on my team. This is the first time Weber as ever really had a team like this, they know how to put big numbers up.

Weber State, Weber State, Great, Great, Great !
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:How can you say Montana's offense is more physical than Weber State's?

If I remember right, back on Oct 4th, Montana's "physical" offense allowed Weber State to sack Bergquist 7 times. :o

And a Montana defense that allowed only 80 yards rushing in the games before their game vs Weber, let Trevyn Smith run for 160 yards on them.

Weber's offensive line allowes about 1 sack a game. Why do you think Higgins only needs 292 yards to reach 4000 yards on the season?

I never said Montana had the best offense in the Big Sky, I just said they were more physical. Also, Montana has a history of out-physicalling Cal Poly. I'm not sure Weber can do the same.

What do pass rush, sacks, & passing yards have to do with physicality? Pass rush, pass protection, & passing in general are more speed & agility things, not power things.

Trevyn Smith is the best back in the Big Sky, but Chase Reynolds has the highest yards per carry. Reynolds is also averaging 116 ypg over the last 7 games (& 144 ypg over the last 5). That's because of the Griz O-Line, which has been able to impose their power running will on opponents when necessary. The last 7 games, the O-Line has dominated the line of scrimmage on running plays & created some big time-of-possession advantages, which has given the defense an easy road. Weber needs to do the same to have a chance. If Trevyn Smith doesn't get at least 25 quality carries, the Wildcats will almost certainly lose. You're not going to beat the Mustangs throwing all over the place; they'll sack you do death like they do everyone else.
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

Weber by 12. Won't say how high it will go...that entirely depends on the D's. Both are offensive juggernauts that are virtually unstoppable. Whoever comes out of this could quite possibly end up in Chatty. I'm projecting this winner taking out Montana, and eventually favorite JMU. Yes, the Dukes are dominant, but whoever comes out of the Griz/Stang/Cat's brawl is going to be pretty edgy...especially since they have to head back east as an underdog. `
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:How can you say Montana's offense is more physical than Weber State's?

a) Chase Reynolds wasn't the starter until the third game.
b) Weber peaked against Montana. They've gotten progressively less in-sync since.
c) Measuring a teams success by yards is dangerous.

Weber peaked 6 weeks ago. Montana is peaking as we speak. I'd MUCH rather Weber find a way to beat Cal Poly than to have to face Cal Poly again.